2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

12 hours ago, Digby said:

European soccer teams have always left gambling sponsors off of kids’ fan jerseys, and the NBA has barely sold any sponsor patched jerseys to the public at all, so there’s your precedent.

Not in Poland which is quite funny because players u-18 can't wear jersey with gambling/alcohol ads in a league game but there is no problem to buy kids jerseys with those ads in a team store. Why is like that? Have no idea.

4r2eer.png

On 9/24/2021 at 5:48 AM, the admiral said:

TruColor says "Boundless Blue," the slate one, is only a supporting color, and the sweaters only seem to have three shades of blue.  And nope, not just you, Seattle's color scheme actually feels more like navy/mint to me, which is great, because it feels marine and Pacific Northwestern without being close to what the Canucks are doing. The hex value for "Ice Blue" places it right around 180 on the hue scale, right in the heart of the cyan space, so it certainly is leaning toward green. It still looks greener than that on a lot of real-life applications, so maybe they've tweaked it since.

When the branding was first released, the Boundless Blue color was only applied as an accent to the Deep Sea Blue when appearing on light backgrounds.  So basically just as the accent color on the anchor logo and wordmark, when on white or Ice Blue. It was originally mocked up that way on the shoulder patch for the away sweaters. 

But upon the release of the actual sweaters, both retail and on-ice, the accent color on that shoulder patch was instead the Shadow Blue color which is also used in the sleeve striping and number outlines. It still provides enough contrast against a white background, and ties into the other elements, so I'm for it. 

The Boundless Blue is still being used on print materials and on merchandise as an accent to the Deep Sea Blue.

Also of note is that they are being very intentional about limiting the use of their Red Alert color, and it is never allowed to be used as the main color on any print materials or merchandise. So while I've seen some folks on the internets wondering about a potential red third in the future, it ain't gonna happen. 

• Like 7

The Kraken announced that MeiGray will be their game-worn jersey dealer, which is awesome. It'll make it so much easier to pick up a gamer. I have at least one jersey from 31/32 franchises (I specify franchises because I have several Thrashers jerseys but nothing from the Jets) and I just need a Seattle jersey. Considering how awful the Adidas retail "authentics" and the Fanatics replicas are, I'm not settling for anything less than game-issued or game-worn.

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Blackhawks are going to wear Belle Tire ads on their helmets, Belle Tire being a brand that's practically synonymous with the Red Wings. I don't think I've ever even seen one in Illinois. The Norris House League strikes again.

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

14 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

So these bad boys were on the ice for the very first time today ! They look really great. Can't wait to see them vs the Flamesspacer.png

They look awesome! Maybe this is a nitpick, but could they have used the same numbers on the road whites? Or have the dark navy as an outline? The white is my preferred of the 2, but I have to say the name and number look great on the homes. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, the admiral said:

The Blackhawks are going to wear Belle Tire ads on their helmets, Belle Tire being a brand that's practically synonymous with the Red Wings. I don't think I've ever even seen one in Illinois. The Norris House League strikes again.

Apparently they're working on expanding into Illinois and this is part of it.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

7 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

yeah if anything I think the home numbers are gonna be hard to read.  

They’re really easy to read for me.

White numbers on navy would have looked really bland.  

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, NYRFan said:

here's how the first ever Kraken goal looked.

what color are the numbers supposed to be?  From the tweeted photos of the scrimmage game they appeared to be the brightest blue, the largest/upper stripe.

But the video you posted and on tv they look more like the bottom stripe.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Probably the old arena and lightning but the Kraken sweaters look pretty dull in this game.  

I agree. IDK why, but I'm just not all in on this branding like it seems the rest of the world is. I was just severely disappointed in the navy as the base color. I think the red stripe is needed for a contrasting color, but it's usage seems sort of lazy to me. The logo was well done and I love the anchor. The secondary blues are nice as well. But as a whole, I'm underwhelmed. 

• Like 2

Yeah it looks like a lot of teams have updated their logos to have a sort of 3D embroidery effect. The wordmark & veins in the Leafs logo pop a lot more now:

spacer.png

It's quite noticeable on the gloves of the Penguins logo:

spacer.png

And the Oilers have added highlights to the oil drop & along the bottom of the wordmark:

spacer.png

• Like 4

I'm surprised that they're adding more material given how much discussion they've had about making jerseys lighter by removing material.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kevin W. said:

I'm surprised that they're adding more material given how much discussion they've had about making jerseys lighter by removing material.

It is very interesting… It looks like most logos are all back to tackle twill, where they were fabric at first with Adidas, and now have “heavy” (I mean not really heavy, but heavier than needed I guess) embroidered patterns on most logos. 

Before it was small tackle twills pieces on top of different colored jersey fabric, all stitched together. That actually makes the logo lighter, so I’m not exactly sure what their doing here, at least in terms of weight. It’s super cool what they’re putting on the crests though. That’s actually awesome!

• Like 3

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10