2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

1 hour ago, DTConcepts said:

Avs are back to the 'A' on the helmet.

FA_CMlFUYAkuDRH?format=jpg&name=large

FA5sVPMWQAMOXVR?format=jpg&name=large

They've also moved to having the manufacturer logos on the sides of the pants.

FA_DD7VUYAUsupE?format=jpg&name=large

Those blue numbers are growing on me. The blue seems so much more vibrant now

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, O.C.D said:

The Avs uniform is 10x better than it was 2 years ago.   Removing the black creates such a cohesive look that relies only on team colors.   The away uniform is now actually bright and not a dreary mix of dark burgundy and black.  

If the Avs had always gone this route, people would be cringing hard at the black gear. 

iHnay0A.png

2HRfip2.png

• Like 13

2 hours ago, TalktoChuck said:

I've said it before, and I will say it again; If you think the Avs look better without black
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Preach. The whole Avs situation is stupid. They keep making these bandaid fixes that makes things look worse when they could have just done the simple thing and added an extra stripe to fit the blue on the away jersey. Every problem solved.

• Like 2

Based on games this week, here's what I have for helmet ads.

Ads (18)

Boston, Buffalo, Carolina, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, Montreal, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Vegas, Washington, Winnipeg

Team logos (12)

Anaheim, Arizona, Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton, Florida, Ottawa, Philadelphia, San Jose, St. Louis, Toronto, Vancouver

Nothing (2)

Minnesota, Nashville

• Like 2

10 hours ago, O.C.D said:

I still have mixed opinions on them, but I think the only reason they had such a viscerally negative reaction here at first is because everybody was so used to black numbers.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, TalktoChuck said:

I've said it before, and I will say it again; If you think the Avs look better without black
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Not everybody wants a club in the highest professional league to have the same uniform limitations as a peewee rec team, but I guess your sassy gif sure showed me. 

• Like 16

Black gear, reflecting on it now, was fairly outdated, but the shade of blue the Avs have isn't the best to use for uniform elements, as its fairly bright, and hard to replicate accurately. I have always thought that burgundy breezers/helmet would have worked much better. Heck, it looks fantastic on their reverse retros!

Avalanche vs. Golden Knights score: Nathan McKinnon shines in Lake Tahoe  outdoor showdown - CBSSports.com

And in all honesty, the home uniform doesn't necessarily look bad with the extra blue, but as we seem to all agree on, that uniform isn't the issue.

• Like 4

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

7 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I still have mixed opinions on them, but I think the only reason they had such a viscerally negative reaction here at first is because everybody was so used to black numbers.

I think its a combo of things why people don't like it, with the main reason being imbalance.

Maybe I'm the crazy one, but why don't they just add a pair of burgandy breezers to the road set? Wouldn't that solve everything? The home looks great and the road set is a complete mess. Blue>Black on the home set. Burgandy>Black>Blue on the road set. It's that easy.

8 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Not everybody wants a club in the highest professional league to have the same uniform limitations as a peewee rec team, but I guess your sassy gif sure showed me. 

It's not a limitation if it's a conscious choice. I found it a refreshing change of pace that a 90s team treated the equipment as just equipment. Not everything needs to be jammed with design elements.

But, the bigger issue this caused is now the color balance is all off. Those blue and red shades should never touch, and the new numbers look awful because of that. It wasn't an A+ uniform to begin with, but all these small changes have killed this look.

• Like 1

jNTsTyQ.png

1 hour ago, PlayGloria said:

I think its a combo of things why people don't like it, with the main reason being imbalance.

Maybe I'm the crazy one, but why don't they just add a pair of burgandy breezers to the road set? Wouldn't that solve everything? The home looks great and the road set is a complete mess. Blue>Black on the home set. Burgandy>Black>Blue on the road set. It's that easy.

I've discussed this way too many times but no.  Burgundy gear on the away uniform is not the answer.  

• Like 3

As I confessed on the last BASS, I'm begrudgingly feeling like the Avs should've kept black, and spent more time figuring out how to otherwise forge their uniforms into something better instead of going full Nordiques.

I dunno.  They're in a weird place, identity-wise, and really need an overhaul. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

42 minutes ago, TalktoChuck said:

It's not a limitation if it's a conscious choice. I found it a refreshing change of pace that a 90s team treated the equipment as just equipment. Not everything needs to be jammed with design elements.

But, the bigger issue this caused is now the color balance is all off. Those blue and red shades should never touch, and the new numbers look awful because of that. It wasn't an A+ uniform to begin with, but all these small changes have killed this look.

Breezers aren’t just equipment though, they are a part of a uniform like pants and shorts in every other sport. Then you get to gloves being the only thing that would be different at that point and just look totally out of place for a professional team in the modern era.

Yep. That’s perfect. And maybe add a silver outline im between the burgundy and blue on the numbers just to have consistency. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

I've discussed this way too many times but no.  Burgundy gear on the away uniform is not the answer.  

Ok well it seems to work nicely for their RR Nordiques uniform. 

Also the mock up with the blue stripe posted above is nice. That really is probably the best answer. 

• Like 2

I feel like the compromise here would be to use the navy pants/helmet from their Alt set, and maybe navy numbers . It's not quite as loud as the shade they use and it's not as out of place as the black, but it matches the overall cohesiveness of the uniform. And it would be fairly easy to incorporate a second, darker shade of blue into the team's palette.

5 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I feel like the compromise here would be to use the navy pants/helmet from their Alt set, and maybe navy numbers . It's not quite as loud as the shade they use and it's not as out of place as the black, but it matches the overall cohesiveness of the uniform. And it would be fairly easy to incorporate a second, darker shade of blue into the team's palette.

No, navy isn't the answer. Black made sense at least because of the black puck in the logo and black numbers. Navy would be even less cohesive. The double blue trend is extremely tired at this point