2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

down-goes-brown-five-weird-facts-about-t

This or nothing.  Stop being stupid, San Jose.  Your Fox Kids Saturday Morning Cartoon shark and forced dabblings of orange have ruined what used to be one of the best looks in hockey.  Right your wrongs, you stupid bastard franchise.

• Like 12
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

8 hours ago, dont care said:

How to you get that when you can only see the players chin. And you say that like you’re about to [MOD EDIT: Gross.] if they do wear them again. I hope they never get seen again and get sucked into a black hole.

Twitter already leaked it. Here are some more pics. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

23 minutes ago, CS85 said:

This or nothing.  Stop being stupid, San Jose.  Your Fox Kids Saturday Morning Cartoon shark and forced dabblings of orange have ruined what used to be one of the best looks in hockey.  Right your wrongs, you stupid bastard franchise.

That’s the wrong photo. 
spacer.png

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

51 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The only thing about these that’s an improvement over the throwbacks is the thick black outline around the logo. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Dang. I actually think I might dig these... not loving the way the different fabrics come together. Sort of seems cheap. But the chrome helmet with the chromed retro logo is pretty slick looking. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

This just looks like their throwback jersey with a quick striping change and a stupid chrome helmet. Like, why is this franchise seemingly so adverse to having full-time thirds that aren't some variant of silver, grey, white or black? Have some fun with your alternates, LA.

You didn't even need to do the RR again, but like even just doing a 80's alt or something would be really fun compared to this.

• Like 3

I don't like how different the sleeve stripes and the hem stripes are on that Kings jersey because I find it looks like they're competing.

With something like the Ducks orange alts, the Kraken jerseys and the Coyotes old jerseys, the sleeves and hem are different, but the arm striping is the basis of the uniform and the hem is just simple striping, so it's fairly obvious which is supposed to draw the eye. This Kings jersey is hard to tell which set of striping is the basis for the uniform because the striping is so different, plus the sleeves give off a black-based jersey while the hem looks like a silver-based jersey, yet both so prominent so neither set of striping seems to be the focus. Based on those other jerseys, I would guess that the socks would match the sleeves, but I don't know.

If you aren't going to match the hem stripes to the sleeve stripes, I don't think the hem striping should be such a huge piece of the jersey.

• Like 4

IbjBaeE.png

(double post, but different topic)

I didn't think I saw this discussed earlier, but crisis avoided. I saw this Icethetics tweet earlier today and then went to the team's website to confirm.

Despite what rumors went around, the Oilers did not promote the navy alternate to primary. Their website has an alternate jersey schedule up for the navy.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

Just leave Pat Falloon in the past. 

I saw, I came, I left.

Those chrome helmets are 🤢

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don’t mind the chrome helmet or the white gloves. It’s a little tacky and flashy, but it is an alternate uniform. The biggest thing is the actual jersey itself. It’s really bland and lame. And the striping mismatching that much is really odd… It looks like something from the bottom of the concept barrel that they decided to go with for some reason…

• Like 7

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

If the LA alt didn't have the chrome dome and white gloves, I'd really, really like it. It adds some new flavor to the Gretzky era without throwing back to it directly, which I like.

That being said, the helmet and gloves make the whole set pretty f***in' bad.

• Like 1