2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

22 minutes ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

And they couldn't remove the green block in this logo.

Seriously?

Of course not. The idea is for the ad to stand out. Fortunately for the Canucks, green is a team color

On a side note, I really wish we would stop posting new helmet ads. It's pointless, they always look bad and we don't want this thread to become THE 2021-2022 NHL HELMET AD WATCH . The NBA thread sucks because of that

• Like 7

Does anybody know what the deal is with these new recycled jerseys? Is it a case of Adidas only sending out the new jerseys when new ones are needed or are the Ducks just taking a bold anti-recycling stance and not using the jerseys because only one Duck had a jersey with the little tag on it.

IbjBaeE.png

14 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Seriously?

Probably not.  Corporate branding has standards too, and in most cases the logo cannot be modified at all for display purposes.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Probably not.  Corporate branding has standards too, and in most cases the logo cannot be modified at all for display purposes.

The TD inside the green block is their corporate identity.  It is consistent on all their subsidiaries. The Bruins have "TD Bank", but having "TD Bank" also seems to be consistent in their American operations. 

• Like 2

I saw, I came, I left.

3 hours ago, DEAD! said:

The TD inside the green block is their corporate identity.  It is consistent on all their subsidiaries. The Bruins have "TD Bank", but having "TD Bank" also seems to be consistent in their American operations. 

It's TD Canada Trust in Canada and TD Bank in the States. 

The logo for TD Canada Trust (or just TD as it's referred to) is just the TD in the green block logo, so that's why the Canucks only have the block. The TD Bank logo is the is the TD in the green block logo plus the word "Bank", which is why the Bruins have that.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

It was reported in September that Verizon would be the helmet sponsor for the Sabres this season, but this logo is on Buffalo's home helmets tonight (as it was during preseason):

spacer.png

KeyBank was on their white buckets during the preseason.

Arizona, Columbus, and Ottawa are also without helmet sponsors to begin the season and are just using their own logos instead. That's six teams so far (Colorado and Edmonton are the other two).

• Like 3

On 10/13/2021 at 5:41 PM, M4One said:

Canucks have TD as their new helmet sponsor.

spacer.png

On 10/13/2021 at 6:46 PM, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Seriously?

The Canucks and the Penguins have the worst helmet ads. Too big. The Bruins who also have the same helmet sponsor as the Canucks did theirs right....not too big. Just narrowed across the top. The Leafs and Flames also did theirs right.

On 10/12/2021 at 3:47 PM, GFB said:

I always hated that Kings-chevron logo, mostly because it's inspiration was obvious: 

An NHL team deserves a better identity than this. 

i don’t know if it’s “inspiration” exactly when it’s the same ownership trying to create the sibling links between the two teams, which the Kings/Lakers have had on two separate occasions. Kind of like the European tradition of multi-sport “clubs” that share a brand.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The Los Angeles Kings borrowed from, in succession, the Los Angeles Lakers, the Los Angeles Raiders, and the Sacramento Kings, thus always sharing with either Los Angeles or Kings. Were there no Anaheim Ducks, they could have made black and gold their own thing.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 10/11/2021 at 12:48 PM, CS85 said:

down-goes-brown-five-weird-facts-about-t

This or nothing.  Stop being stupid, San Jose.  Your Fox Kids Saturday Morning Cartoon shark and forced dabblings of orange have ruined what used to be one of the best looks in hockey.  Right your wrongs, you stupid bastard franchise.

100% correct.  You are a franchise the got i right from day 1, every move you have made since has been downgrade, after downgrade, after downgrade...

• Like 8

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png