2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

3 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

I just don't see it, honestly. The neon orange is garish as hell, especially combined with a navy that's so dark it looks black on camera. Besides, teams around the league are moving away from navy blue anyways; the Sabres dumped it in favor of royal, the Isles dumped it a while ago; I think only Winnipeg's left of the NHL teams using navy besides Seattle.

Plus royal blue is the color they wore during their Stanley Cup dynasty. Navy blue has...like, the 2006 run? Getting swept by Winnipeg in the first round this season? It's not exactly a color the Oilers have historically had much success in.

And why would they use a picture of a fan wearing a jersey that isn't their main dark jersey or current alternate if this means nothing? Why specifically use one wearing the Reebok royal blue? There's plenty of photos they could've used of fans cheering in the orange home jersey they wear now.

3 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

St. Louis still uses navy. They have the same problem with it being so dark it looks black, too

Columbus is primarily navy. Not counting Reverse Retros, Colorado and Washington use it for their 3rd jerseys.

• Like 2

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

5 hours ago, Patchey13 said:

I don't care what anyone says. The Bruins set is perfect aside from the yellow socks and should never be changed. It's a modern classic and probably one of the best jerseys of all time across any sport.

It was the best new design to come out when the Reebok edge templates arrived back in 07-08, almost every other teams took a step back, or stayed the same.

I still think that with yellow socks, it's their best look ever

• Like 4

The yellow socks are weird when you think about it on it's own, but it's such a staple to the look that not having it seems wrong. The Bruins don't look bad with black socks, but it's not quite as Bruins as they could be.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Plus royal blue is the color they wore during their Stanley Cup dynasty.

I get that, but teams can only get so much mileage out of "Look at what we used to look like when we used to win a bunch!" This isn't the dynasty.

Winning championships in a certain look doesn't automatically make that look infallible. The Kings won two Cups in the previous iteration of their current jerseys, which went from Reebok-branded hot garbage to Adidas-branded hot garbage.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If the Oilers are going back to the dynasty uniforms again, they should stick with the single outline on the numbers they currently have (and had for their first two years in the league). That was one improvement adidas made in 2017. It looks cleaner and would help with reading the orange numbers from a distance.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 10:04 PM, NYRFan said:

https://www.facebook.com/47901465214/posts/10165356764795215/?substory_index=0&sfnsn=mo

Not sure if this is for a social-justice cause or what?

Are the Stars just bored, or are they sending a subtle message?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10165399898860215&id=47901465214&sfnsn=mo

P.S. their logo is still black and white on all their social.

16 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Yeah, the Stars are just getting around to the trend of posting an old logo on Twitter and asking people what players it reminds them of.

It's nothing more than that.

And the black and white treatment on the logo for 2 weeks? 

27 minutes ago, NYRFan said:

Teams have Twitter logos that don't actually mean anything in terms of on-ice stuff all the time.  I remember for a while the Stars' Twitter icon was this same idea, just with their primary on a victory green backdrop.

The Celtics are doing something similar, for example, as are the Lakers. I really wouldn't read too much into it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NYRFan said:

You know what, you cracked the case.

The Stars are going to be dropping green, a colour they have worn for their entire existence even going back to Minnesota, and changing to black and white next season because they are using a black and white logo for social media profile pics. They are  going to introduce it through profile pictures by using a black and white logo, which most likely is an already existing logo in their style guide, and slowly but surely work up to a full rebrand for next season.

The Coyotes Panthers and Leafs are also going to switch to rainbow colours too, based on their profile pictures, so be prepared for that also.

• Like 9

IEI5Tg1.png

1 minute ago, monkeypower said:

You know what, you cracked the case.

The Stars are going to be dropping green, a colour they have worn for their entire existence even going back to Minnesota, and changing to black and white next season because they are using a black and white logo as social media profile pics. They are  going to introduce it through profile pictures by using a black and white logo, which most likely is an already existing logo in their style guide, and slowly but surely work up to a full rebrand for next season.

The Coyotes Panthers and Leafs are also going to switch to rainbow colours too, based on their profile pictures, so be prepared for that also.

Thank you for the sarcasm 👌

Just now, NYRFan said:

Thank you for the sarcasm 👌

Well I mean, come on. There's nothing to be read in social media profile pictures and social media graphics unless the teams want us to.

Your profile pic here, which I assume is the default picture for people without a picture uploaded, is a black and white version of the CCSLC logo. Does that mean the CCSLC is going to be changing colours?

• Like 9

IEI5Tg1.png

I actually really like that NoB font; slap it on the regular set with an outline and that could be really good. The rest of the jersey is pretty standard Stadium Series fare; experimental, and it either works for you or it doesn't. Black and red jerseys like this always tend to sell well, though.

Also, I think this is the first time the Canes have ever had an alternate jersey without any white on it at all? Which is pretty neat, given how long they've been around in the NHL.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, selby56 said:

Hurricanes Stadium Series leaked on Reddit?

spacer.png

These look legit, but the name doesn't look centered with the number, even adjusting for italics. 

Kinda cool to see the italics return for Carolina. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.