29texan

Super Bowl LVI logo (...and the future of the standardized system)

8 minutes ago, raysox said:

And that's totally a valid point! What's funny is that 45-50 had the stadium in it, which is correctly seen as the worst era of SB logos while technically giving off some context about where it's played than a lot of the golden era logos. I'm admittedly cherry picking in my argument, I just don't think the "can't tell where the game is" comment is necessarily tied down to the last decade.

vgehj2k0esq6g6vkrfxg.gif2348.gif2353.gif2357.gif

(Miami, Atlanta, Miami, Tampa)

Those are certainly stinkers. My biggest problem with the LV logo was that it used teal and orange, which are very much Miami's colors and very much not Tampa Bay's colors. It should've been red and pewter to reflect the team, and especially not colors tied to another team.

2 minutes ago, QCS said:

Those are certainly stinkers. My biggest problem with the LV logo was that it used teal and orange, which are very much Miami's colors and very much not Tampa Bay's colors. It should've been red and pewter to reflect the team, and especially not colors tied to another team.

Those "stinkers" are still better than what we're getting.

Just now, 29texan said:

Those "stinkers" are still better than what we're getting.

I agree, just pointing out yet another flaw with the current system.

7 minutes ago, QCS said:

Funny you mention that since the LVI logo is Red and Orange because it's officially official now.

https://www.therams.com/news/los-angeles-host-super-bowl-lvi-february-2022-sofi-stadium

JZM2Epga?format=jpg&name=small

2 minutes ago, raysox said:

Funny you mention that since the LVI logo is Red and Orange because it's officially official now.

https://www.therams.com/news/los-angeles-host-super-bowl-lvi-february-2022-sofi-stadium

Do they just use last year's host as the color scheme? Can we expect bone in Super Bowl LVII's logo?

13 minutes ago, raysox said:

Making the roman numerals see-through was a terrible decision. The L looks like an I. Why are they so hellbent on making sure we see the entire trophy? We'd all still recognize it without seeing the base.

I love this logo. It has SoCal flair to it, yet simple and not over the top. Finally something that has *some* personality to it.

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Best one in years

Lowest bar in years

It’s a step in the right direction. Maybe the league is realizing that standardizing the Super Bowl logo was a bad idea and is gradually going back to more personalized marks. 

I think the league was forced to keep the same logo for Super Bowl LV as it had for LIV die to the uncertainty over where it would be played.  Once it became apparent that the LA stadium wouldn’t be ready, the NFL stuck with the plain silver for LV, and carried forward the palm tree artwork to the LVI logo.

I'll echo what others have said: it's a step in the right direction. Not 100% there, but it's promising.

How it looks on the uniforms will be telling.

11 minutes ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

Bold prediction:

SB LVII logo will be exactly the same but with Cactus instead of Palm Trees

They’ll change the colors.

Is there a school of thought that this is the template as long as they are in the 50's? 50-59? Super Bowl 60 will usher in a new template or maybe just more creative freedom?

It’s closer to my idea lol. Not sure I like the local flair inside the numerals instead of around them, but I’ll take it. They also put the trophy behind the numerals which is how it should’ve been from the beginning to prevent it looking like a numeral.

The problem is it’s not centered and the LV is see through like glass so it still ends up looking out of place. The effect is much better on the 3-D version, but the flat one screws it up. Overall? It’s progress. Maybe by SB60 they’ll nail it.

1 hour ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

Bold prediction:

SB LVII logo will be exactly the same but with Cactus instead of Palm Trees

Pretty sure this will be the next 5 (including this one), so...

- LVI (L.A.): Palm Trees
 - LVII (Glendale): Cacti 
 - LVIII (Vegas?): Neon Lights
 - LVIX (New Orleans): Mardi Gras imagery 
 - LX (?)