29texan

Super Bowl LVI logo (...and the future of the standardized system)

21 hours ago, raysox said:

And that's totally a valid point! What's funny is that 45-50 had the stadium in it, which is correctly seen as the worst era of SB logos while technically giving off more context about where it's played than a lot of the golden era logos. I'm admittedly cherry picking in my argument, I just don't think the "can't tell where the game is" comment is necessarily tied down to the last decade.

vgehj2k0esq6g6vkrfxg.gif2348.gif2353.gif2357.gif

(Miami, Atlanta, Miami, Tampa)

To be fair you are just using patches and not all the other branding that went with them like you did in your other post for Super Bowls LI and LII

1 hour ago, dont care said:

To be fair you are just using patches and not all the other branding that went with them like you did in your other post for Super Bowls LI and LII

That's just how I organized the post. The first paragraph and second paragraph are separate thoughts about the same subject.

I was getting at seeing that they've relaxed on outside branding to fill the hole of locational awareness that the current logo system lacks (which yes, 43 and 44 also could have had -  i'm not familiar with it off the top of my head). But the point I was trying to make was those logos are generic too, except now they feel like a bigger event now that they've been used for a decade. 

Somewhat related but seeing Super Bowl 37 have very similar colors used this year, despite not matching the logo. Maybe that's the key to a Bucs title.

sb37.png?itok=4cGXhJdJ

general-view-of-qualcomm-stadium-before-

On 2/9/2021 at 4:59 PM, raysox said:

Funny you mention that since the LVI logo is Red and Orange because it's officially official now.

https://www.therams.com/news/los-angeles-host-super-bowl-lvi-february-2022-sofi-stadium

JZM2Epga?format=jpg&name=small

If that the way it looks on the ball, I’m 99% sure that’s the way it’ll look on the jersey. 

I don't get it - if the letters are so transparent that the trophy shows through, shouldn't the pigskin be showing through too?  I'm not sure how only one very specific part of it can be transparent.

On 2/9/2021 at 5:27 PM, Dekabreak said:

Super-Bowl-LVI.jpg

My first though:

gta-vc_2018-08-02_23-47-12-949.jpg

Anyway better that than nothing at least they add some local flavour to logo. Still they should take a note from NCAA of how to make a good system of logotypes.

43 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

If that the way it looks on the ball, I’m 99% sure that’s the way it’ll look on the jersey. 

40 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I don't get it - if the letters are so transparent that the trophy shows through, shouldn't the pigskin be showing through too?  I'm not sure how only one very specific part of it can be transparent.

Game balls almost always use simplified logos with less colors:

Super-Bowl-LV-Opening-Kickoff-Football.j

1300893387.5.jpg

32 minutes ago, packerfan21396 said:

Game balls almost always use simplified logos with less colors:

Super-Bowl-LV-Opening-Kickoff-Football.j

1300893387.5.jpg

I'd like to point out once again that Tom Brady used black footballs in the playoffs:

tom-brady-en-su-primera_34_0_1132_702.jp

5 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'd like to point out once again that Tom Brady used black footballs in the playoffs:

tom-brady-en-su-primera_34_0_1132_702.jp

Yet in the super bowl which are all league prepared balls, Tom Brady probably performed even better.

4 minutes ago, dont care said:

Yet in the super bowl which are all league prepared balls, Tom Brady probably performed even better.

15544286-850x560.jpeg

USATSI_15544508-e1612798966239.jpg?w=100

Look different to me.

19 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Look different to me.

Hey man, I don't like Brady either and there was definitely something up with the officiating in Brady's last two games, but at the same time, the Chiefs jerseys are different shades of red in the 2 pictures as well, so it's possible the lighting conditions and white balance and whatnot were different.  The NFC Championship was MUCH closer than the Super Bowl, so if there was a game that could have a case for being stolen, it'd be the NFC Championship, not the Super Bowl (but yet I'm obviously biased and don't claim to know if the conspiracies around Brady's career have any merit).

However, this isn't the 2020 NFL Season thread, this is the LVI logo thread.

9 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

15544286-850x560.jpeg

USATSI_15544508-e1612798966239.jpg?w=100

Look different to me.

Turns out you are right, but at the same time the balls are inspected by a league equipment manager days before the game and makes sure they fit league requirements. 
https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-game/preparing-super-bowl-xlix-game-balls/
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/buccaneers/tom-bradys-crazy-game-ball-preparation-routine-buccaneers-revealed

looks like Brady has special leather treatments for different conditions 

5 hours ago, packerfan21396 said:

but at the same time, the Chiefs jerseys are different shades of red in the 2 pictures as well, so it's possible the lighting conditions and white balance and whatnot were different.

Lighting, angles, background/surrounding colors and camera settings could all make the ball look a darker (or lighter) color. The camera used in the picture of Mahomes has a lower aperture, for example (let’s more light in). There are photos out there when the ball looks just as dark in his hands as it does Brady’s, too. 

I just realized that the LVII logo in this format will probably be purple-tinted with cactus in the numerals.. 

On 2/10/2021 at 12:00 PM, 29texan said:

Pretty sure this will be the next 5 (including this one), so...

- LVI (L.A.): Palm Trees
 - LVII (Glendale): Cacti 
 - LVIII (Vegas?): Neon Lights
 - LVIX (New Orleans): Mardi Gras imagery 
 - LX (?)

- LX (Based on rotation, Texas): Cowboy on a horse playing guitar

I like this! I haven't been a fan of the standardized logos but at least this one has some personality! 

13 hours ago, Cujo said:

Eww.

3 hours ago, Moseph said:

I like this! I haven't been a fan of the standardized logos but at least this one has some personality! 

It's like I said:  

This logo is like being 7-9... sure, it's better than 6-10, but it still sucks.

14 hours ago, Cujo said:

Rotation?  Haha...if you think there's a rotation you're funny.

Tampa should get a makeup game for the next available slot.  I know LVIII is open due to New Orleans having to push back due to Mardi Gras, and Vegas is the apparent host there, but Tampa should get either LVIII or LX.

1 hour ago, TBGKon said:

Rotation?  Haha...if you think there's a rotation you're funny.

Tampa should get a makeup game for the next available slot.  I know LVIII is open due to New Orleans having to push back due to Mardi Gras, and Vegas is the apparent host there, but Tampa should get either LVIII or LX.

Houston... Miami... Atlanta... possibly Charlotte with them talking about renovating the BoA...

I see those getting the Super Bowl again before Tampa.