NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

CS85

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, IceCap said:

Only the Chargers could do that and come away with nothing to show for it.

All I can say about that is...daaaannnng, bro. To be fair, I doubt very many people remember LaDainian Tomlinson as a Jet, so I suppose that balances out...somewhat.

Speaking of Jets...if there's one team that rivals the Raiders of the 2000s as career twilight purgatory, it's the Jets. Just off the top of my head, they took in Ronnie Lott, John Riggins, Art Monk, Brett Favre (depending on how you feel about that), Michael Vick, Brandon Marshall (who to be fair still had some semi-productive seasons there), the aforementioned Tomlinson, Chris "CJ2K" Johnson...it remains to be seen what will become of LeVeon Bell...

(And back to my own trivia question as to how many teams have drafted two HoFers in the first round? I'm sure somewhere in the 70s Pittsburgh managed to pull that off, but I know for a fact my own Buccaneers did it in '95 with Both Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

You wanna elaborate on how he tarnished his rep last offseason? I'm drawing a blank.

I'm assuming he's referring to Brees' comments about kneeling during the national anthem.  I don't remember the exact issue, just that there was one, which implies that it was handled pretty quickly and didn't "tarnish" his rep for longer than 5 minutes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd say it tarnished his rep.  It didn't completely destroy it, obviously, but I'm sure plenty of people look at him differently.  He's supposed to be a leader on his team and in his city -- which is 60% African-American -- and he had four years to educate himself on the issue but couldn't bother to speak to one of his teammates that kneeled to understand where they're coming from before spouting off the talking point that was used from day one to discredit the entire movement?

IUe6Hvh.png

3 hours ago, See Red said:

I'd say it tarnished his rep.  It didn't completely destroy it, obviously, but I'm sure plenty of people look at him differently.  He's supposed to be a leader on his team and in his city -- which is 60% African-American -- and he had four years to educate himself on the issue but couldn't bother to speak to one of his teammates that kneeled to understand where they're coming from before spouting off the talking point that was used from day one to discredit the entire movement?

Sorry - yup - I forgot about that.

It's where I sit.

Joe Thuney signs with the Chiefs.

Contract is 5 years, $80,000,000. Of course, thanks to NFL math, his first year will only count for 4.5 million against the Chiefs’s cap. 

So, I hope Mahomes gets more of the protection he deserves.

Last paragraph in the ESPN article felt like it came out of left-field, though. It’s neat he’s fluent and Spanish and has a Master’s in business administration but how is that relevant to this story?

7 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Joe Thuney signs with the Chiefs.

Contract is 5 years, $80,000,000. Of course, thanks to NFL math, his first year will only count for 4.5 million against the Chiefs’s cap. 

So, I hope Mahomes gets more of the protection he deserves.

Last paragraph in the ESPN article felt like it came out of left-field, though. It’s neat he’s fluent and Spanish and has a Master’s in business administration but how is that relevant to this story?

He negotiated the deal en Español?

I saw, I came, I left.

It would be genius to have an entire offense that was fluent in some language besides English.  Then you'd never need to huddle - the QB could just shout as loud as he wants:  "triple à droite, quarante trois balayer, en deux... EN DEUX!" The defense would be clueless, except for maybe one random guy in the league that can understand, but is helpless to relay the call to his anglophone mates.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, BBTV said:

It would be genius to have an entire offense that was fluent in some language besides English.  Then you'd never need to huddle - the QB could just shout as loud as he wants:  "triple à droite, quarante trois balayer, en deux... EN DEUX!" The defense would be clueless, except for maybe one random guy in the league that can understand, but is helpless to relay the call to his anglophone mates.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif is also returning after forgoing participation in the 2020 NFL season due to him joining the front lines of the COVID pandemic. Guy is not only a doctor, he’s also a guard and from Quebec. Espancais it is.

53 minutes ago, BBTV said:

It would be a nice departure from "OMAHA!" 

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived