NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

CS85

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

There's so much history to go over, but I'll spare you.  The TL;DR version of events is that Ted Phillips, an accountant from New York, is Team President because he navigated an extremely tumultuous renovation arrangement with the city of Chicago, and as a reward he was promoted and made an honorary member of the McCaskey family. 

The other half of Phillips's ascension to honorary family member is that Michael McCaskey finally embarrassed the family too much by announcing the hiring of Dave McGinnis before they had actually signed Dave McGinnis. Unfortunately, becoming an honorary McCaskey seems to confer the same awkwardness and general incompetence that the biological ones suffer from.

58 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

I definitely think victims of sexual assault should have their complaints taken as seriously as possible. That being said, the timing of this sure seems awful convenient for the Texans, huh? 

Apparently even more are being filed including him allegedly forcing a massage therapist into oral sex. 

This doesn’t look good at all. My skepticism is based on the lawyer, but the more people come forward, the more likely I am to believe that there’s probably merit to this case.

I kind of want to know how he acted at Clemson now because it’s increasingly looking like the Texans drafted Bill Cosby.

Edited by Red Comet

This could also be a case of the Texans knowing all along that Watson is a serial rapist and keeping it covered up for NFL reasons for years, only to let it be known via a third party once it has become apparent that he doesn't want to play ball anymore.

9 minutes ago, Lana_del_Bae said:

This could also be a case of the Texans knowing all along that Watson is a serial rapist and keeping it covered up for NFL reasons for years, only to let it be known via a third party once it has become apparent that he doesn't want to play ball anymore.

So the NFL equivalent of an ex-girlfriend posting private videos after a breakup.

11 minutes ago, Lana_del_Bae said:

Ah, it’s some Dave Meggett action. For those unfamiliar:

The NFL/football Giants were more than happy to cover it up. Heck, Bill Parcels took Dave to both the Pats and Jets, after the allegations.

7 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Ah, it’s some Dave Meggett action. For those unfamiliar:

The NFL/football Giants were more than happy to cover it up. Heck, Bill Parcels took Dave to both the Pats and Jets, after the allegations.

Didn't watch the video, but based on wikipedia (I know), the crime he's doing time for was committed well after his playing days were over, and he was cleared of any charges while he was on any NFL team (except for being accused of assaulting a prostitute in Toronto in 1998, but that's when the Patriots released him and nobody signed him afterwards.)  Meggett is obviously a scum bag, but I'm not sure what Parcels covered up.  

37 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Didn't watch the video, but based on wikipedia (I know), the crime he's doing time for was committed well after his playing days were over, and he was cleared of any charges while he was on any NFL team (except for being accused of assaulting a prostitute in Toronto in 1998, but that's when the Patriots released him and nobody signed him afterwards.)  Meggett is obviously a scum bag, but I'm not sure what Parcels covered up.  

Ah, that’d be me misremembering it. Still, I don’t doubt that assaults happened before that.

This is feeling more and more appropriate the more I hear. Especially when I hear the lawyer is getting death threats. 

Edited by Red Comet

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

The other half of Phillips's ascension to honorary family member is that Michael McCaskey finally embarrassed the family too much by announcing the hiring of Dave McGinnis before they had actually signed Dave McGinnis. Unfortunately, becoming an honorary McCaskey seems to confer the same awkwardness and general incompetence that the biological ones suffer from.

I had like a 700 word diatribe written up discussing Michael McCaskey's tenure, from threatening to get Aurora and Gary, IN to build them a stadium, plus the McDome crap, all leading to Phillips handling the Daley machine in a "who has the smallest penis" contest for the better part of a decade (which resulted appropriately in a deal that stripped the stadium of landmark status, shat a steel bowl into a glorified sports tomb, and ultimately screwed the Chicago taxpayers and Park District through 2033) while Michael held a press conference to announce a hiring that was never agreed upon.  Ultimately I felt it was wiser to spare the board the sordid tale of how unbearably long and stupid the Bears 90's were, and after an accidental 2000's renaissance the team is now more placid and boring than ever.  There could be a couple great Jordan Rules-style books written about this dumbass franchise over the last 30 years at least.

27 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

This is feeling more and more appropriate the more I hear. Especially when I hear the lawyer is getting death threats. 

I’ve listened to enough Crime in Sports to know the parasocial relationships folks form with athletes and how the “silver-haired, middle-aged white men” will do anything to protect their money-making players.

I doubt this goes anywhere, sadly.

Edited by SFGiants58

So to summarize:

Bears trade up in the draft

They pass on Mahomes and Watson

They draft Trubisky instead

They could sign Andy Dalton but don't

They trade for Nick Foles

They sign Andy Dalton anyway

They lose a #2 overall pick they traded up to get for nothing

Nobody gets fired

As for Buffalo, Mitch Trubisky is Josh Allen with a 75 IQ, so I guess maybe they can use him in a pinch or if they have a burning need to put up yardage and points in garbage time, which Trubisky is elite at

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

So to summarize:

Bears trade up in the draft

They pass on Mahomes and Watson

They draft Trubisky instead

They could sign Andy Dalton but don't

They trade for Nick Foles

They sign Andy Dalton anyway

They lose a #2 overall pick they traded up to get for nothing

Nobody gets fired

The McCaskey regime in a nutshell lmao

• TBGKon locked this topic