NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

CS85

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

So which team goes 20-0 now? 

The greatest team of all time: the 2007 New York Giants.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

They say the AFC is at home for Game 17 and the NFC is on the road.

But the Vikings are playing at the LA Chargers...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

20 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

They say the AFC is at home for Game 17 and the NFC is on the road.

But the Vikings are playing at the LA Chargers...

The Chargers play in the AFC West...the Vikings play in the NFC North

Since STH get forced to pay for all home games, including preseason, does the NFC get the 2nd home preseason game in the years that the AFC has the extra regular-season game so that each team sells the same number of tickets?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

So which team goes 20-0 now? 

giphy.gif

Every other team is going to forfeit the season due to lack of kneecaps.

Honestly, I don't think 0-17 is impossible, unfortunately. 

9 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Rich Stadium -> Ralph Wilson Stadium -> New Era Field -> Bills Stadium -> Highmark Stadium.

Highmark is a health insurer, which calls into fun questions why health insurers are paying stadium naming rights. Fun!

A couple months ago the Chiefs renamed their field after some health care provider that goes by an acronym. It's technically still Arrowhead, but follows the Superdome's naming rights (XXXXX Field at XXXXX Stadium), but its going to be an awkward introduction before every kickoff on TV.

53 minutes ago, schlim said:

A couple months ago the Chiefs renamed their field after some health care provider that goes by an acronym. It's technically still Arrowhead, but follows the Superdome's naming rights (XXXXX Field at XXXXX Stadium), but its going to be an awkward introduction before every kickoff on TV.

It’s still going to be called arrowhead stadium 99.9% of the time like Denver is still called mile high, despite being a new stadium 

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Why can't they move up to Labor Day weekend instead? I think that makes more sense since you're getting rid of that fourth preseason game. 

TV ratings are low on Labor Day weekend, that's why the NFL move the star of the season back a week in 2002.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Why can't they move up to Labor Day weekend instead? I think that makes more sense since you're getting rid of that fourth preseason game. 

Labor day weekend would be a complete disaster.  At least in the northeast, it's the "official summer" beach weekend for everyone, and that would probably take priority over NFL, and if it didn't, it would kill the economy at the beach towns.  Running any major sports event between Memorial and Labor day just doesn't work well in a lot of places.  Even when the Phillies were selling out 5 years straight, on summer weekends people would either give away their tickets, resell them on stubhub, or drive back from the shore for the game then drive right back (fortunately not too far a drive.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, DEAD! said:

Also, the Winter Olympics are February 4th to 20th. Not quite sure what NBC is going to do. 

Get ready for Olympic Triplecast 2021!

EDIT: Though if they put all the Olympics on Peacock without all of the human interest stuff, that's pretty good!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 hours ago, BBTV said:

Labor day weekend would be a complete disaster.  At least in the northeast, it's the "official summer" beach weekend for everyone, and that would probably take priority over NFL, and if it didn't, it would kill the economy at the beach towns.  Running any major sports event between Memorial and Labor day just doesn't work well in a lot of places.  Even when the Phillies were selling out 5 years straight, on summer weekends people would either give away their tickets, resell them on stubhub, or drive back from the shore for the game then drive right back (fortunately not too far a drive.)

They used to have the league on Labor Day weekend for years (in the 80's and 90's). It couldn't have been that bad, or the NFL would have stopped it a long time ago.

On 3/26/2021 at 8:11 PM, Red Comet said:

but the difference is that they're amoral and brilliant not self-righteous and stupid

I see nothing to suggest that they're brilliant. Watson turning out to be a trash person wasn't part of Easterby's "plan." As far as I can tell his "plan" has never amounted to anything but bad standup while preaching and lying on his CV to worm his way into teams' front offices.

Archived