Jump to content

NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror


CS85
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Red Comet said:

I’d just say it’s more evidence to not try and pick fights with random people because you never know who is going to kick your ass so hard that their bootprint is still on your jeans months later. 
 

EDIT: And here is some footage of that fight. Looks like Aaron Donald is actually trying to stop the fight not continue it. The clown should just drop this suit entirely if it’s the case. 


This is gonna get thrown out as soon as a Judge sees it on his/her desk. I think the Pittsburgh PD stated in an article that they aren’t going to press any charges against Donald.
 

Guy tries to attack Donald, gets jumped by other bystanders instead; AD steps in to stop them to save his attacker from further injury, his attacker sues Donald and attempts to press criminal charges because he was a drunk idiot that night lmao. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm a big Mizzou fan so I was a huge fan of Aldon Smith and excited for his NFL career. NOW he's wanted in Louisiana. Dude needs to be used as an example during the rookie symposium. Multiple DUIs, weapons chargers, domestic abuse. At one point, he was banned from stepping inside any place selling alcohol. So many chances and couldn't get it together. He was so good early on too...

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/19/aldon-smith-wanted-in-louisiana-on-battery-charge/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tjs11 said:

I'm a big Mizzou fan so I was a huge fan of Aldon Smith and excited for his NFL career. NOW he's wanted in Louisiana. Dude needs to be used as an example during the rookie symposium. Multiple DUIs, weapons chargers, domestic abuse. At one point, he was banned from stepping inside any place selling alcohol. So many chances and couldn't get it together. He was so good early on too...

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/19/aldon-smith-wanted-in-louisiana-on-battery-charge/

 

And the Seahawks just signed him as well...

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

 

The Raiders taking a stance against smoking weed on 4/20 is in bad taste if you ask me

That's clearly not what this is about #GeorgeFloyd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

The Steelers are the only organization that would reward their head coach for getting humiliated at home by the literal Cleveland Browns, in their first playoff win in over a decade. 

I mean, it's "the Steeler way" to do so. 😜 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

The Steelers are the only organization that would reward their head coach for getting humiliated at home by the literal Cleveland Browns, in their first playoff win in over a decade. 

 

It's official: The Steelers aren't about winning Super Bowls anymore. Re-signing JuJu TikTok and giving this awful HC an extension confirms that. What's next, are they going to bring in Johnny Football in for a tryout? Chuck Noll must be turning over in his grave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DnBronc said:

 

It's official: The Steelers aren't about winning Super Bowls anymore. Re-signing JuJu TikTok and giving this awful HC an extension confirms that. What's next, are they going to bring in Johnny Football in for a tryout? Chuck Noll must be turning over in his grave.

The Steelers don’t fire coaches, regardless of success they’ll keep them around indefinitely until they die or retire. It’s nothing new for them, they kept Bill Cowher around for 15 years with many years of disappointment until he finally won 1 super bowl and called it career. JuJu resigning is bad though unless they can destroy all his electronic devices

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DnBronc said:

 

It's official: The Steelers aren't about winning Super Bowls anymore. Re-signing JuJu TikTok and giving this awful HC an extension confirms that. What's next, are they going to bring in Johnny Football in for a tryout? Chuck Noll must be turning over in his grave.

 

But they resigned a coach who has won them a Super Bowl.  I don't really get the criticism.  Sure they underachieve on occasion but he's won two-thirds of his games and has never had a losing record.  If I was a Steelers fan, I'd be pretty happy with how the last 15 or so years have gone.  No way I'd move on from a coach who has gone 145-78-1 and just won 12 games for the crapshoot that is hiring a coach in the NFL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only thing Tomlin has been successful at is underachieving. 
He had some of the best position players in the league, and only managed to make 1 AFC championship in the past decade. 
 

He constantly loses games to inferior teams because he plays down to his competition. 
 

you could argue the only reason he even has a ring is because of Santonio Holmes. 
 

He’s a luckier Jason Garrett.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

The only thing Tomlin has been successful at is underachieving. 
He had some of the best position players in the league, and only managed to make 1 AFC championship in the past decade. 
 

He constantly loses games to inferior teams because he plays down to his competition. 
 

you could argue the only reason he even has a ring is because of Santonio Holmes. 
 

He’s a luckier Jason Garrett.

 

This a dumb take.  Particularly the part about Santonio Holmes.

 

Hasn't had a losing record in 14 seasons, has won two-thirds of his games, and two Super Bowl appearances with a ring but yeah, the only thing he's been successful at is underachieving.

 

"The guy hasn't even won six super bowls like Belichick.  He's trash!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, See Red said:

 

Hasn't had a losing record in 14 seasons, has won two-thirds of his games, and two Super Bowl appearances with a ring but yeah, the only thing he's been successful at is underachieving.

 

"The guy hasn't even won six super bowls like Belichick.  He's trash!"

 

Nearly every fan in the NFL would trade their team's record of success for the Tomlin Steelers. I know I would.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, See Red said:

 

This a dumb take.  Particularly the part about Santonio Holmes.

 

Hasn't had a losing record in 14 seasons, has won two-thirds of his games, and two Super Bowl appearances with a ring but yeah, the only thing he's been successful at is underachieving.

 

"The guy hasn't even won six super bowls like Belichick.  He's trash!"

With the talent the Steelers had over his tenure, you really think it’s fine that he’s only had 1 Super Bowl win over a decade ago? 
 

He wasted prime AB & Bell. 
 

Losing to teams like Jacksonville in the divisional round is underachieving. 

 

Sure he’ll give you a consistently good regular season, but when it counts he almost always fails.
 

And saying he won the SuperBowl Bowl because of Holmes isn’t much different than saying The Giants won because of Tyree. 
Without either of those plays they likely don’t win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a Browns fan that lives in Pittsburgh I will never understand the hate Tomlin gets in this city. He has never had a losing record and his teams are pretty much always competitive, even when they lose star players or have injury issues. Hell, he had the Steelers on the cusp of a playoff berth with Mason Rudolph and some guy named 'Duck' playing QB two years ago. 

 

I hear people say "he wasted the prime years of Brown and Bell" all the time, but do people not see how much of a headcase both of those guys turned out to be after leaving Pittsburgh? If anything Tomlin deserves credit for keeping those egos (plus Ben) somewhat under control for so long. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • TBGKon locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.