CS85

NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

NFL over.

No more XFL.

Draft ten weeks away.

Booze me.

tombradyScreenshot-2021-02-10-155137.png?f=default&$p$f=31b8923

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I hope Jacksonville took notes from that o-line play. Can’t give Trevor a sieve for an o-line.

If anything, I'd say the smart play would be to trade down and draft linemen on both sides of the ball. Doing a rebuild without the line being the first priority is like constructing a building without putting in the foundation. Sure, it isn't sexy but look what happens when you put talented players behind a swiss cheese line. 

19 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

If anything, I'd say the smart play would be to trade down and draft linemen on both sides of the ball. Doing a rebuild without the line being the first priority is like constructing a building without putting in the foundation. Sure, it isn't sexy but look what happens when you put talented players behind a swiss cheese line. 

I don't why this is such a difficult concept for most teams to understand. 

We've seen it so many times, with teams like Colts & Bungles, under the delusion that a top pick QB will solve all their problems. Only for them to get massacred behind a paper thin offensive line. 

It's no coincidence that Baker started looking like a decent QB once The Browns invested in an offensive line.  

Hell, first thing The Bucs did was draft a lineman to protect Brady. 

2 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I don't why this is such a difficult concept for most teams to understand. 

We've seen it so many times, with teams like Colts & Bungles, under the delusion that a top pick QB will solve all their problems. Only for them to get massacred behind a paper thin offensive line. 

It's no coincidence that Baker started looking like a decent QB once The Browns invested in an offensive line.  

Hell, first thing The Bucs did was draft a lineman to protect Brady. 

That's what John Dorsey as a GM will get you. Just don't look too much at the bill he's racking up, though. Probably the most amazing thing Brett Veach has done as the Chiefs GM is to take the talent Dorsey drafted (including Mahomes) and manage to keep almost all of it despite Dorsey leaving him the payroll in such a state that other GMs would choose rebuilding rather than try to fix the payroll as Veach did. 

Edited by Red Comet

16 hours ago, Red Comet said:

You can't pass up on a once-in-a-lifetime-player, even if your o-line is ghostly. Do you think Indy, Atlanta, or Cincy traded down if they had the chance to draft a top guy? No.  They got Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck, Mike Vick/Matt Ryan, and Carson Palmer/Joe Burrow, respectively. Urban Myers will not wait 5 years for another great QB because their offensive line is bad. Heck, he may not even last 5 years if he does that.

Well, :censored:. 

Was just coming to post this @FiddySicks.  So involved in the Tampa community even after retirement, especially to military families.

5 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

You can't pass up on a once-in-a-lifetime-player, even if your o-line is ghostly. Do you think Indy, Atlanta, or Cincy traded down if they had the chance to draft a top guy? No.  They got Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck, Mike Vick/Matt Ryan, and Carson Palmer/Joe Burrow, respectively. Urban Myers will not wait 5 years for another great QB because their offensive line is bad. Heck, he may not even last 5 years if he does that.

While that's true, how many players have been said to be "can't miss prospects" and wind up getting massacred? You mentioned Andrew Luck and Joe Burrow. Both are talented, but both got (or will get) destroyed because of bad o-line play. It requires ownership that is patient in order for such a rebuild to work, but that is even shorter supply than said prospects. 

Former ESPN NFL Countdown personality Rush Limbaugh dead at the age of 70.

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Former ESPN NFL Countdown personality Rush Limbaugh dead at the age of 70.

There's a lot I could say about him. 

Unfortunately any of it would get me suspended.  

So I'll leave it at that. 

I got a signed baseball from Rush Limbaugh and George Brett as a kid. Got nothing else to say aside from it being a Royals charity event in the late 90s. 

Carson Wentz traded to the Colts for a 3rd Round pick in 2021 and a conditional 2nd round pick in 2022.

Bears called out the Eagles bluff for 2 1st Rounders.

14 minutes ago, heavybass said:

Carson Wentz traded to the Colts for a 3rd Round pick in 2021 and a conditional 2nd round pick in 2022.

Bears called out the Eagles bluff for 2 1st Rounders.

7 minutes ago, heavybass said:

Seems Carson didn't want to play for the Bears forcing the Eagles to accept the Colts offer

Multiple sources had the Bears offering a 1, another pick, and one/two players, but Wentz basically said he didn't want to go there and wouldn't cooperate.

This trade seems like it's a 3 and then either a 2 or a 1, based on if he plays 75% of the plays next year.  If the Eagles get a 3 and a 1 for him then that's pretty good, even if it'll be a late 1.

Carson has been vilified to the extent that very few athletes get here.  He's been made out to be a complete prima dona that can't handle any criticism or coaching.  That being said, he's got a great chance to succeed in Indi, considering his old coaches are there, and it's a market that doesn't really care that much so he won't be bothered.

11 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

What a wet fart of a trade.

it is for Philly.  But Chris Ballard is one of the smarter GM's right now.  He wasn't going to give up any of their first rounders.  He told Pat McAfee that they were not going to give up 2 first rounders for Matt Stafford.  

Just now, GDAWG said:

it is for Philly.  But Chris Ballard is one of the smarter GM's right now.  He wasn't going to give up any of their first rounders.  He told Pat McAfee that they were not going to give up 2 first rounders for Matt Stafford.  

But he probably did give up a first rounder.  Unless Wentz gets injured or is benched, the 2 becomes a 1.

12 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Multiple sources had the Bears offering a 1, another pick, and one/two players, but Wentz basically said he didn't want to go there and wouldn't cooperate.

This trade seems like it's a 3 and then either a 2 or a 1, based on if he plays 75% of the plays next year.  If the Eagles get a 3 and a 1 for him then that's pretty good, even if it'll be a late 1.

Carson has been vilified to the extent that very few athletes get here.  He's been made out to be a complete prima dona that can't handle any criticism or coaching.  That being said, he's got a great chance to succeed in Indi, considering his old coaches are there, and it's a market that doesn't really care that much so he won't be bothered.

Isn’t most of that criticism coming from you though?