NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

CS85

Honestly I'm surprised we got anyone to bite on Bridgewater. He's a great backup, but that contract (and his recent injury) made him nearly untradeable. Either way, glad he's gone and that we don't have a QB controversy going into the season. We save about $6 million on the cap and don't have to deal with another year of Teddy. Win-win.

9 minutes ago, QCS said:

Honestly I'm surprised we got anyone to bite on Bridgewater. He's a great backup, but that contract (and his recent injury) made him nearly untradeable. Either way, glad he's gone and that we don't have a QB controversy going into the season. We save about $6 million on the cap and don't have to deal with another year of Teddy. Win-win.

You say that until you see Sam “I’m seeing ghosts” Darnold throwing away your season.

20 minutes ago, dont care said:

You say that until you see Sam “I’m seeing ghosts” Darnold throwing away your season.

I'd rather try a year of Sam than deal with another year of Bridgewater.

I mean, maybe it’s just the Jets organization that turns out clown shows. Hell, even when they were good, Rex Ryan would always have a tendency to put his foot in his mouth. He’d talk all that trash and the team wouldn’t step it up. Patriots would walk all over them sometimes. 

Edited by Red Comet

7 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

I mean, maybe it’s just the Jets organization that turns out clown shows. Hell, even when they were good, Rex Ryan would always have a tendency to put his foot in his mouth. He’d talk all that trash and the team wouldn’t step it up. Patriots would walk all over them sometimes. 

I don't believe it was his foot he was putting in his mouth. 😏

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It doesn't really work that way.  There's no reason to believe that Bridgewater was available for a 6th rounder back when they signed Dalton.  And if they didn't have any QB and went to Carolina now, the price would likely be a little higher.

Broncos made out well here, I guess.  Solid backup QB for $3m and a 6th round pick -- and if he's a better option than Lock?  So be it.  Doesn't prevent them from taking a QB in the draft if they have the chance either.

48 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I don't believe it was his foot he was putting in his mouth. 😏

>He’d talk all that trash and the team wouldn’t step it up. Patriots would walk all over them sometimes. 

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I feel bad for Bridgewater honestly. Never should’ve left New Orleans

I think he had to if he wanted to be a starter. He's probably a better option than Hill or Winston, but at the end of the day he costs too much compared to the other two. Now we wait to see who is sitting right behind him. 

Honestly, I'll be shocked if the Patriots either A.) trade up to secure a better pick and/or B.) draft a QB in the first round. All these experts saying they're gonna do this and do that, yet three years later we still don't know why Malcolm Butler didn't play in the Super Bowl. I don't buy it. They'll probably go cornerback in the first round.

19 minutes ago, Brass said:

Honestly, I'll be shocked if the Patriots either A.) trade up to secure a better pick and/or B.) draft a QB in the first round. All these experts saying they're gonna do this and do that, yet three years later we still don't know why Malcolm Butler didn't play in the Super Bowl. I don't buy it. They'll probably go cornerback in the first round.

Personally, I think they’d be stupid not to. I was watching Brett Kollmann’s mock draft stream on Tuesday and he made a great (albeit depressing) point: last year was pretty much rock bottom for the Pats, with how bad Cam played and how bad the backup options were. And they’re still only picking 15th. If Jones or by some miracle Fields is there at 15 you basically have to take them, because like Brett said, you’re (probably) not going to have another shot at a QB prospect like that again anytime soon. 

My guess for the Patriots has been that if they can’t get Fields or whatever QB they’re after, they’re going to go after Horn or another CB so they can trade Gilmore. 

Bill has always been weird with drafting, he’s traded out of the first round so many times, and yeah he sucks at drafting offense, but he’s had some good hit with defense. 
I’ll also give him the benefit if he gets a QB, since Jimmy & Brissett turned out to be decent. 

Speaking of, I’m so sick of hearing all the “Patriots trading for Garoppolo” rumors. 

Too bad Tebow was too stubborn to play tight end earlier in his career because he could have carved out a Taysom Hill-type role for himself.

Matt Stafford's currently Zooming with the Rams Defense and planning to run a bounty set up for Rodgers if he ends up getting traded to San Francisco.

• TBGKon locked this topic