NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

CS85

Meanwhile, I'm over here wondering what Jacoby Brissett must be feeling right now (former Brady backup, btw): first Phillip Rivers came in and now this. 

Unless the Colts really don't have much faith in the guy--in which case I wouldn't be surprised is he starts angling for a way out of there...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dont care said:

Isn’t most of that criticism coming from you though?

not at all. I don’t like him personally but the media has painted him as a monster the likes of which I don’t recall ever seeing around here. 

even I’ve been listening to the media here and saying “man, that’s too much”. 

i think it was over for him here, but he’s got a shot to have a really good rest of a career in Indy. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, heavybass said:

Carson Wentz traded to the Colts for a 3rd Round pick in 2021 and a conditional 2nd round pick in 2022.

Bears called out the Eagles bluff for 2 1st Rounders.

Lmaooooo. That’s all the Eagles got for him? They’re only getting that return and paying Wentz nearly 34 mil for him to NOT be on the Eagles? 😂

(although I can’t laugh too hard considering the Cowboys have yet to resign the best QB from that draft and have a real possibility of losing him to Free Agency next offseason).

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Just now, Rockstar Matt said:

Lmaooooo. That’s all the Eagles got for him? They’re only getting that return and paying Wentz nearly 34 mil for him to NOT be on the Eagles? 😂

(although I can’t laugh too hard considering the Cowboys have yet to resign the best QB from that draft and have a real possibility of losing him to Free Agency next offseason).

I think that’s “dead cap” money, right? They’re not actually giving him A check for $34m, though I’m sure they’ve already given him some bonuses. Another thing is that they would have owed him $10M on league day 2 if they didn’t trade him ahead of time. 

I think given his contract and history, a 1 and a 3 is just fine for him

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Per ESPN’s Field Yates, not one first-round quarterback from 2009 to 2016 is still with his team:

That list, in case you were wondering, starting in 2009, is: Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden, E.J. Manuel, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Jared Goff, Wentz and Paxton Lynch.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/02/colts-eagles-carson-wentz-trade-first-round-qbs-stat

Yeesh.

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

Meanwhile, I'm over here wondering what Jacoby Brissett must be feeling right now (former Brady backup, btw): first Phillip Rivers came in and now this. 

Unless the Colts really don't have much faith in the guy--in which case I wouldn't be surprised is he starts angling for a way out of there...

Well, he's not good

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

Multiple sources had the Bears offering a 1, another pick, and one/two players, but Wentz basically said he didn't want to go there and wouldn't cooperate.

This trade seems like it's a 3 and then either a 2 or a 1, based on if he plays 75% of the plays next year.  If the Eagles get a 3 and a 1 for him then that's pretty good, even if it'll be a late 1.

Carson has been vilified to the extent that very few athletes get here.  He's been made out to be a complete prima dona that can't handle any criticism or coaching.  That being said, he's got a great chance to succeed in Indi, considering his old coaches are there, and it's a market that doesn't really care that much so he won't be bothered.

Sources also had the Bears making no offers, as they weren't interested.

The 'guaranteed' 2 also becomes a 1 if he plays in 70% of snaps and they make the playoffs. If he (or the team) are sucking at mid-season, you bench him so you don't accidentally give up a 1.

It's where I sit.

17 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

The 'guaranteed' 2 also becomes a 1 if he plays in 70% of snaps and they make the playoffs. If he (or the team) are sucking at mid-season, you bench him so you don't accidentally give up a 1.

Or 75% of snaps regardless of playoffs.  Even with all his injuries, he's only missed that once.  It's certainly possible he gets benched for sucking, but given their long-term financial commitment to him (and his temperament), it's unlikely they'd bench him unless it's horriffic.

4 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

The Eagles Deunion Tour claims another player. This time it’s DeSean Jackson. 

Good riddance.  Was over him the second he said "Hitler was right".

In other news, Doug Pederson's house is for sale.  Two notable things:

1) It appears to have midnight green shutters:

d93af0a9e153abc02eedbae2261fbd7b-cc_ft_7

2.  He's got a whole Brett Favre shrine:

1.jpg

I wonder what the overlap is between CCSLC posters and McMansion Hell readers. Probably pretty high. We appreciate an art.

That bathroom is an unintentional Necker cube.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I just don't get how you have a shrine for a guy who you were the backup for.  I get that being Favre's backup made him a lot of money but that's a little much.  I don't think I"d want to have any memorabilia in my home that reminds me that someone was way better than me at his job.

Don't think of him as Favre's backup, think of him as a beefy white guy from Wisconsin named Doug. That explains the Favre memorabilia. It doesn't, however, explain the carpet.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived