NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

CS85

6 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Yeah, yeah I get it. 
You real really :censored:ing hate “Bawwwwston” fans. 

I’m certain you’d feel the exact same if I was a Steelers or Colts fan. 🙄

We would if you pulled the same never-ending jackass schtick.

Then again, that'd probably be worse because "Bawwwston" fans usually have to be excused for their obnoxiousness before they even say a word.

1 hour ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I'm confused as to what being a "spoilt Boston fan" has to do with making fun of teams that everyone has made fun of.  

The guy from the city with the greatest twenty-year stretch in pro sports history who enjoys belittling other, less successful, teams doesn't understand why this behaviour is annoying. 

That checks. Perspective is a hell of a thing. 

11 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Yeah, yeah I get it. 

I don't give a flying :censored: about Boston fans. You could be a Buckeyes/Browns/Indians fan who believes Toledo, Ohio is the Paris of the Midwest and I still would have said the exact same thing to you. Being a jerk is being a jerk. Geography has nothing to do with it. Perhaps you should grow some thicker skin. (sorry, you walked right into that one.)

So who thinks the 49ers overpaid for that number 3 position? 

Also, what band that's been overplayed for the last decade gets rolled out tonight? Please don't let it be Imagine Dragons! And does anyone else think the lounger on the stage is like Bizarro Mr. Roger's level stuff? Will Goodell wear a sweater tonight and take off his shoes?

1 hour ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I'm confused as to what being a "spoilt Boston fan" has to do with making fun of teams that everyone has made fun of.  

If you don't like it grow some thicker skin or stay off the internet because there's a whole lot more people than me making fun of them. 

Its probably because your tone comes off as the arrogant Boston sports fan like this guy....

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

So who thinks the 49ers overpaid for that number 3 position? 

Also, what band that's been overplayed for the last decade gets rolled out tonight? Please don't let it be Imagine Dragons! And does anyone else think the lounger on the stage is like Bizarro Mr. Roger's level stuff? Will Goodell wear a sweater tonight and take off his shoes?

Overpaid? You betcha!

As far as the lounger goes, I get the idea behind it, but it's stupid as hell. You want fan involvement? Let that fan call out the pick and not sit/stand/dance like a moron to the side while they get ignored by the draftee.

29 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Yeah, yeah I get it. 

Yes they would. It's why jokes have endured on these forums regarding a handful of insufferable fans from other sports teams. Ever heard of "New England-jacked" in a thread? No, you haven't, because it's "Clevejacked." Anyone ever joked about turning the TD Garden into a parking lot? No, you haven't, because that's what those 1-2 Coyotes fans are for. The people here don't target you because you're a Boston sports fan. They target you for your method going about it. We're not victims of a blown call during a game or concentrated attacks from other fan bases. Let other teams celebrate and have hope before talking about how meaningless and insignificant their teams are. It's SPORTS. We don't need to convince others how successful our franchises have been. They disagree? COOL. Let them. Move on.

We've had/currently have some really great Boston fans here who have shown that not all Boston fans are Medford asshats. We've done a great job building that up. We prefer you don't ruin it. Are we defensive about our teams? Absolutely! But you need to maintain perspective. We've had an amazing run for our teams since 2000, and we're speaking from a position of privilege. We cannot forget that. Not all have been as fortunate as we have been. We have n-o-t-h-i-n-g to complain about now nor for the next maybe 10-15 years. I don't know, ask @Sport. He mentioned something like that a while back. Gave a solid timeline.

Not trying to play mod here, so if I am overstepping the line, please edit.

Well speaking of teams waiting decades for a franchise QB I hope Zach Wilson is the man in NY and that unlike Sanchz, Darnold and many other QBs that have been the signal caller since Joe Namath

1. Stay healthy
  2. The franchise arms Wilson with weapons and an O-line
  3. Do not get rattled by Jets fans/NY media

I want to feel like Browns and Bills fans have the last few years.

As an LA fan, I'm supposed to be all "i hAtE bOsToN"...and, yeah, I do.   

:censored: Boston.

But for the most part, I don't hate many them that much anymore----I'm not an avid baseball or hockey fan, but when I do watch it, i don't harbor a grudge against the Red Sox or Bruins. While I'll always hate the Celtics, for the past couple of years they've been one of my favorite teams to watch. And since the black hole of Tom Brady is sucking up All-Pro talent in Tampa, I was(and still am) rooting for Cam to return to form. That being said, I don't like the fans of Boston. they are used to their teams always being top-tier, so as soon as their team(or another one) is subpar, they're quick to pounce on it. The Celtics fans chanted "Where is Kyrie?" when he was supposed to return a few years ago(he was playing in BKN with a shoulder injury). They're almost as bad as Philly fans.

But while I can deal with rowdy fans, I refuse to put up with plain jerks who tell you to "get thicker skin".

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

It's 2019 GTOV Champion Clevejacked, sir. 🙃

I’m still slightly bitter that People Who Tried To Outpizza the Hut didn’t make more of a run. 

Felt really conflicted about Fields when the Bears were on the clock. Never thought they'd actually get him so didn't really have an opinion of him. I let it process for a day and now I'm stoked. Seeing lots of Bears gear out and about Milwaukee today. Hopefully a turning point for a pretty cursed franchise.

1 minute ago, tjs11 said:

Felt really conflicted about Fields when the Bears were on the clock. Never thought they'd actually get him so didn't really have an opinion of him. I let it process for a day and now I'm stoked. Seeing lots of Bears gear out and about Milwaukee today. Hopefully a turning point for a pretty cursed franchise.

Probably all Marquette students LOL

5 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Mike Tomczak managed to stay on an NFL roster for 14 years and...ummm....yeah, that's all I got. 😎

Art Schlister?

31 minutes ago, Jimmy! said:

Art Schlister?

Totally forgot about Art Schlichter. That being said, according to Pro Football Reference, Schlichter played 13 games in the NFL. 3 TDs and 11 INTs. He was 0-6 as a starter. Craig Krenzel had a better NFL career and he only lasted one season.

Was Drew Pearson paid by the word? Get up, annoy Eagles/Giants/32 fans, announce pick and get off stage. I was waiting for Oscars "Wrap it up" music.