CS85

NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

18 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Cowboys fans are the dumbest fan base in the US by far

Can confirm.

:

Now on to Giants fans.  This actually seems like a legit reaction vid and not one of those obviously staged over-the-top ones.

"Chill babe. I'm just punching walls. I'll fix it later!" Something tells me that's happened before, especially her punching him and him pushing her away.

That's real sad. Note to people: Don't let sports affect you like this. Especially not draft night!

36 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Now on to Giants fans.  This actually seems like a legit reaction vid and not one of those obviously staged over-the-top ones.

I feel like most people go through a level of sports anger like this at some point in their lives, but typically it's when they're much younger.  When I see adults, particularly men, who are drunk and violent about, of all goddamn things, a stupid football-related thing, it makes me so disappointed.

This drunken idiot and others like him, typically seen sadly destroying televisions or doing their own fist-to-drywall remodeling, are the NFL demographic.  These people are easily 80-90% of the viewing audience who will use an irresponsible amount of their disposable income to cover themselves and their property with team-related bullcrap (this coming from a guy who has a Bears tattoo, but I digress).

There's more to be said about buffoons like this, particularly in regards to their values, ethics, and political leanings, but that I will leave to your imaginations.  People who drunkenly punch a wall and push around their spouses because Team A drafted Player B are among the most pathetic brand of middle class consumer this country has to offer.

Yeah that's gross and those people don't appear to have a healthy relationship. I used to break things after tough sports losses, but then I turned 20. I definitely haven't gotten physically angry about a sports result since some things happened in my life that framed all these silly games in their proper perspective. It's just sports*. The most baffling Bengals fans to me are the ones who still behave like Wally Wallpuncher up there. Like how have you guys not learned by now how to not let this team affect your mood? 

That guy's like 42 and has a family, though. If he hasn't learned to chill TFO by now then he's probably just stupid and pampered. I'd suggest he and his wife seek counseling. 

*also I've gotten to meet and work with some professional athletes and people who work in sports and it is incredible how Just A Job it is. I still have my preferred teams, but mostly I just watch the games for the pure entertainment of the games themselves now and care less about winning and losing.

There really wasn't much on Seattle's end for me to actually be concerned about in the draft. They only had three picks and at least they used one on a offensive linemen, which should help Russ stay upright (hopefully).

All I can ask for is hope: Hope that the new offensive coordinator can get the job done, hope that the offensive line doesn't crumble and expose Russ like a streaker and hope that the schedule isn't terrifying.

8 minutes ago, Sport said:

The most baffling Bengals fans to me are the ones who still behave like Wally Wallpuncher up there. Like how have you guys not learned by now how to not let this team affect your mood?

Thankfully I personally don't know any Bears fans that are like this, but I also don't live too close to Chicago, so chances are on any given Sunday these drunken idiots will be doing similar behavior.  That goes for all franchises, really, but especially in regards to the older teams. 

It's kind of tied into their personal identities at this point.  I'm a Bears fan, I want them to win a title, and I enjoy-ish watching them play, but I'm my own person.  A lot, and I mean a lot of NFL fans are not.  They're the biggest fan they know, and if you think you're a bigger fan, you're wrong, and I'll call you a slur and stab you in the parking lot to prove it, and your wife is ugly as are your children, because this isn't just me loving a team - it's personal.

These types are mentally ill, have been for years, and will never seek treatment, because that's for weak gay sissy men.

12 minutes ago, Sport said:

*also I've gotten to meet and work with some professional athletes and people who work in sports and it is incredible how Just A Job it is

Pretty much.  "Never Meet Your Heroes" is always a great rule to stick with, and I'd wager 90% of pro athletes, particularly those on the larger stage, are completely ambivalent about a great deal of sports-related things.  If anything they are far more personally invested in other ventures beyond their sport of choice.  I'm sure their agents consistently tell them to keep that to themselves, as it would be bad optics for those who would "question their loyalty to and love for the game" or whatever.

20 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

This isn’t relevant to the topic at hand, but I just gotta get this off my chest

Cowboys fans are the dumbest fan base in the US by far, oh my effing god. Like the kind of dumb ignorance that makes you want to delete yourself from the internet and move to a country that has never heard of the Dallas Cowboys. 

I know we have some good fans, who are knowledgeable and good people, but my god, most of the fan base are absolute morons. I can’t stand most of my interactions with them. 

The older I become, the more I regret young me choosing to become a Cowboys fan. I wish I could build a time machine, go back to when I became a Cowboys fan and slap him. 

The audacity of little me choosing this life. 

At least your not a Bears fan who's only reason to not like drafting Fields is, "We're a defense first team. We don't need a quarterback". Really!?!?!?!? Claiming that a draft pick messes with your DNA because it's a position that you routinely sucked at drafting is the most brainwashed response I've ever heard of in my life. You need a QB, get the QB. Especially if the two you have are injury prone.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

At least your not a Bears fan who's only reason to not like drafting Fields is, "We're a defense first team. We don't need a quarterback". Really!?!?!?!? Claiming that a draft pick messes with your DNA because it's a position that you routinely sucked at drafting is the most brainwashed response I've ever heard of in my life. You need a QB, get the QB. Especially if the two you have are injury prone.

We have fans who hate Dak Prescott, thinks he’s a bum and who insist that Andy Dalton is a better QB. Andy effing Dalton. 

I’d say American football fans in general have a higher number of dumb fans in the US than any other sports league here, but the Cowboys fan base is the worst in terms of moron to smart fans ratio. 

1 hour ago, Sport said:

I still have my preferred teams, but mostly I just watch the games for the pure entertainment of the games themselves now and care less about winning and losing.

It's nice, isn't it?

13 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

It's nice, isn't it?

It's wonderful and peaceful. It happened when they lost to the Steelers in the playoffs in 2015. I said after that I will never let the team negatively affect my mood ever again. It took some work, but now I've reached this zen state that I don't even need to work at anymore. They lost to the Browns last year on a last minute TD pass by Baker Mayfield and 20 year old me would've been grouchy for 3 days. 33 year old me just said "welp that sucks what's for dinner?". I think Wally Wallpunchers everywhere needs to do some inward looking themselves. 

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

We have fans who hate Dak Prescott, thinks he’s a bum and who insist that Andy Dalton is a better QB. Andy effing Dalton. 

I’d say American football fans in general have a higher number of dumb fans in the US than any other sports league here, but the Cowboys fan base is the worst in terms of moron to smart fans ratio. 

Soccer hooligans tend to be pretty dumb too tbf. Rioting because of a sports result regardless of where or who is doing it is peak caveman behavior.

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

How about this classic

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think that the Denver coaches think like that now. They passed on Fields for Drew Lock and Teddy Bridgewater. Now, they could get Aaron Rodgers, but that isn't guaranteed.

If they don't get Rodgers, their new GM is living on borrowed time.

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Soccer hooligans tend to be pretty dumb too tbf. Rioting because of a sports result regardless of where or who is doing it is peak caveman behavior.

EX: Vancouver of 1994 and 2011. 😜

ESPN put out Aaron Rodgers trade scenarios. I just want to know why the person who did this decided to do multiple lines of cocaine before embarking on this journey

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The most laughable one is Rodgers to New York. How is that all the other teams have to give up at least a Quarterback in the trades yet New York only has to give a WR that no one outside of East Rutherford has ever heard of and just three picks? You mean to tell me that New York wouldn’t willingly give up Daniel Jones for a HoFer?

On 5/3/2021 at 2:38 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

This isn’t relevant to the topic at hand, but I just gotta get this off my chest

Cowboys fans are the dumbest fan base in the US by far, oh my effing god. Like the kind of dumb ignorance that makes you want to delete yourself from the internet and move to a country that has never heard of the Dallas Cowboys. 

I know we have some good fans, who are knowledgeable and good people, but my god, most of the fan base are absolute morons. I can’t stand most of my interactions with them. 

The older I become, the more I regret young me choosing to become a Cowboys fan. I wish I could build a time machine, go back to when I became a Cowboys fan and slap him. 

The audacity of little me choosing this life. 

Six year old me, without anyone in my life pushing me in that direction, chose to be a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan. 

1). ANY team you pick is bound to make you miserable more often than not.

2). It gets better. 

Oklahoma State RB Chuba Hubbard got drafted by the Panthers in the 4th Round on Saturday and got drafted by the Stampeders of the CFL in the 5th Round last night.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Same deal with Minnesota CB Benjamin St-Juste. Drafted in the Third Round by Washington and the Sixth Round by Toronto

spacer.png
spacer.png

On 5/1/2021 at 1:13 PM, ManillaToad said:

I'm pretty sure Brady has more insightful commentary on quarterbacking than that

"You see kid, this is how you throw the Lombardi from one boat to another"

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Oklahoma State RB Chuba Hubbard got drafted by the Panthers in the 4th Round on Saturday and got drafted by the Stampeders of the CFL in the 5th Round last night.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Same deal with Minnesota CB Benjamin St-Juste. Drafted in the Third Round by Washington and the Sixth Round by Toronto

spacer.png
spacer.png

Is this how CFL teams can claim the rights to players? I think in MLs you just send a letter to the league and have to beat whoever else wants to sign Messi and Ronaldo. 

17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

ESPN put out Aaron Rodgers trade scenarios. I just want to know why the person who did this decided to do multiple lines of cocaine before embarking on this journey

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The most laughable one is Rodgers to New York. How is that all the other teams have to give up at least a Quarterback in the trades yet New York only has to give a WR that no one outside of East Rutherford has ever heard of and just three picks? You mean to tell me that New York wouldn’t willingly give up Daniel Jones for a HoFer?

The fact that the Browns are on this list makes no damn sense. They just signed off on Mayfield's fifth year option. You'd get Rodgers for no more than two years, maybe three, and then you're back to having to find a new QB in the draft unless some free agent magically falls into your lap. I don't want another repeat of having to bring in Vinnie Testaverde because they got rid of Bernie Kosar.