NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

CS85

On 2/20/2021 at 1:27 PM, DnBronc said:

Right. See Gabbert, Blaine, Locker, Jake, and Trubisky, Mitch. Those teams drafted another QB in the first round a few years later, and the Jags will draft their second first-rounder since then this year.

Don't forget those top-flight Florida State quarterbacks known as Christian Ponder and EJ Manuel...

On 2/20/2021 at 1:32 PM, rams80 said:

So stop trying and just treat the position as the NFL's version of the putty patrol, perpetually cycling through 1st round QBs on rookie deals, because those contracts are cheat codes.

For those who might've missed that reference...

spacer.png

(Nice one, bro.)

22 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Doug Pederson grew up in Bellingham, Washington which is a rural town about 90 miles north of Seattle, went to Louisiana-Monroe University which appears to be closer to Little Rock than New Orleans. 

Total sidebar, but...knowing exactly where those two places are, does someone want to explain how in the bloody blue heck THAT happened???

18 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

Yeah they’re huge out west and in the upper Midwest. Texas, too. Basically anywhere you hunt or use the back trails for whatever (hiking, fishing, etc). You kinda live in one of the areas of the country that is separated enough from it that it would probably wouldn’t have a particular use for these. 

I don't know about that one...I lived in Pittsburgh for seven years (granted, the whole opposite end of PA, but still).  I used to see those things IN the city, to say nothing of the rest of the PA backwoods.  (Of course, I lived down in the southern area of town were Bill "The Chin" Cowher grew up, so that could be why.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/19/2021 at 9:38 PM, the admiral said:

I wonder what the overlap is between CCSLC posters and McMansion Hell readers. Probably pretty high. We appreciate an art.

That bathroom is an unintentional Necker cube.

Hello. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Looks like having a top tier generational QB in Seattle for forever was a dream too big for this city.

Some thoughts:

1. I hope Tua + picks comes back; that's the only player trade worthwhile here.

2. I hope he goes to the AFC West, though the Bills have had Russ' number if he does end up in New York or Miami

3. Time for Pete Carroll to go. Seems like his act has worn thin the past few season (probably ever since they didn't run the damn ball) and the Hawks generally don't look as happy as they used to

4. Seattle probably should have done more with Russ' prime than they did. They stacked up the defense while ignoring much of the offense; it feels akin to Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay where the QB has to make up for bad decisions everywhere else

5. That said, I hope they figure it out and he stays. Relevant football in Seattle is a lot of fun; I'd hate to lose that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

IF this trade happens... I want everyone GONE. Carroll, The GM, everyone in the front office... All of them OUT!

These are the kind of moves that ruins franchises. This is the first time ever that Seattle is relevant in the football world and now they're looking to ruin it... No. Russ needs to stay in Seattle, dammit.

7 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

IF this trade happens... I want everyone GONE. Carroll, The GM, everyone in the front office... All of them OUT!

These are the kind of moves that ruins franchises. This is the first time ever that Seattle is relevant in the football world and now they're looking to ruin it... No. Russ needs to stay in Seattle, dammit.

And if the Hawks choose their coach over their QB, they deserve every failure that follows.

Everyone knows you need your QB. Tom Brady just made that clear for everyone. Coaches are nothing without talent.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Sounds like Russell is the one who wants out. Apparently neglecting the line for so long has finally caused him to reach his breaking point. Can’t say I blame him. I’d say the Raiders would be the best stop. You know, if only so the Donkeys live in the AFC West Cellar for the next decade.

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Sounds like Russell is the one who wants out. Apparently neglecting the line for so long has finally caused him to reach his breaking point. Can’t say I blame him. I’d say the Raiders would be the best stop. You know, if only so the Donkeys live in the AFC West Cellar for the next decade.

Or as we call it, Andrew Luck Syndrome. 

I'd rather have whatever haul Seattle can get for Russell Wilson than Russell Wilson.  The Seahawks should know because of Russell Wilson that a good QB on a rookie deal is, with few exceptions, better than paying a guy $35 million.

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, Sport said:

I would prefer he stay in the NFC if I had my druthers. The AFC is a QB gauntlet that is going to add Trevor Lawrence, and maybe Justin Fields/Zach Wilson.

Is it really a gauntlet outside of mahomes, allen, and Jackson? I’m not including Watson because he is just as likely to play in the NFC next year, and baker isn’t anywhere near elite, everyone else is either too young to tell (Tua), way past their time (Big Ben), or just scrubs (whole Broncos QB room)

How would a Wilson-for-Watson trade work out? I ain't smart enough to know the business side, but...both are dang near the same player, and while Watson has more tread left, Wilson has that SB ring (would've had two had they ra-- you already know). Both would swap conferences, meaning neither current team would have to worry about facing them more than once in a while (some to think of it, when was the last time the Texans and Seahawks even played each other?)...oh, and both would still be wearing navy. 😄

Just throwing stuff at the wall here...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived