CS85

NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, tBBP said:

How would a Wilson-for-Watson trade work out?

 

I doubt Wilson wants to subject himself to the Houston Texans trash heap, which might get an NFLPA caution soon. Other than his feelings, the logistics and player role do make sense. Watson would be in a market with a more solid front office and a history of success, while Wilson could try to turn around an organization in a mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

 

I doubt Wilson wants to subject himself to the Houston Texans trash heap, which might get an NFLPA caution soon. Other than his feelings, the logistics and player role do make sense. Watson would be in a market with a more solid front office and a history of success, while Wilson could try to turn around an organization in a mess.

No player is turning around that toxic organization if watt, Watson, and Hopkins couldn’t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I don't get why The Jets are coming up in trade rumors. 

What exactly is appealing about the team right now? 


That they’re the New York Jets. Sure, we see it as the dumpster fire it is, but others see the potential of being known as the guy who turned a bad team in the biggest market around. Be the King of New York so to speak. 

Edited by Red Comet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Red Comet said:


That they’re the New York Jets. Sure, we see it as the dumpster fire it is, but others see the potential of being known as the guy who turned a bad team in the biggest market around. Be the King of New York so to speak. 

 

*coughNew Jerseycough*

 

But, if you can rebuild the Jets (remember, there's nowhere to go but up), and with how pedestrian the Giants are; the crown is ripe for the picking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Metlife Stadium is about 10 miles south of Manhattan which is about as far as Arrowhead Stadium is from downtown Kansas City. Yeah it's New Jersey but it's barely New Jersey. Sporting KC is technically in Kansas City, Kansas but that doesn't mean I don't follow them if I'm in Missouri. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Metlife Stadium is about 10 miles south of Manhattan which is about as far as Arrowhead Stadium is from downtown Kansas City. Yeah it's New Jersey but it's barely New Jersey. Sporting KC is technically in Kansas City, Kansas but that doesn't mean I don't follow them if I'm in Missouri. 

 

I still agree with your sentiment that the Jets can become the king if they draft and develop smart. Because it seems right now like the Giants are like a car on the side of the road with a flat tire, or multiple flats. It's not within reach right now, but can easily be within a few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Metlife Stadium is about 10 miles south of Manhattan which is about as far as Arrowhead Stadium is from downtown Kansas City. Yeah it's New Jersey but it's barely New Jersey. Sporting KC is technically in Kansas City, Kansas but that doesn't mean I don't follow them if I'm in Missouri. 

and ... AT&T stadium is even further away from downtown Dallas than MetLife is from Manhattan. 🤷‍♂️

Then there is the "San Francisco" 49ers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if you've been to New York City and/or MetLife, the stadium is so clearly placed just about as close as it can be to the city proper. There's a lot of stuff already in the city! Not a lot of room for a football stadium!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

 

*coughNew Jerseycough*

 

But, if you can rebuild the Jets (remember, there's nowhere to go but up), and with how pedestrian the Giants are; the crown is ripe for the picking.

Change your name to Arlcowboyfan92, and THEN you can :censored: about them being called New York.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 2:37 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Change your name to Arlcowboyfan92, and THEN you can :censored: about them being called New York.

It's amazing how this is the only suburban team (well, teams, since there are two of them) that draw these comments.  The Football Team plays in Maryland and nobody says anything about that. I honestly believe if New York State and New York City didn't have the same name, nobody would squawk. If the city was called Gotham, New York and the Gotham Jets and Gotham Giants played in the New Jersey suburbs of Gotham, nobody would care.  Otherwise, where's the "Maryland Football Team" bandwagon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

It's amazing how this is the only suburban team (well, teams, since there are two of them) that draw these comments.  The Football Team plays in Maryland and nobody says anything about that. I honestly believe if New York State and New York City didn't have the same name, nobody would squawk. If the city was called Gotham, New York and the Gotham Jets and Gotham Giants played in the New Jersey suburbs of Gotham, nobody would care.  Otherwise, where's the "Maryland Football Team" bandwagon?

You mean the "Landover Football Team" ... because I am sure the Ravens own Maryland these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL.  So much for wanting to win.  He just wanted out and to play the rest of his career in obscurity without any pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno. Kyler Murray does look promising and they almost made the playoffs last year and would have if they weren’t relying on an AAF starter the last couple of weeks. If the defense can be tightened up, the Cardinals could be a dark horse candidate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

I dunno. Kyler Murray does look promising and they almost made the playoffs last year and would have if they weren’t relying on an AAF starter the last couple of weeks. If the defense can be tightened up, the Cardinals could be a dark horse candidate.

 

The idea is that by signing JJ Watt, the defense already is tightened up. Whoops.

 

If JJ Watt had gone to the Bills, he would be poised for a resurgence. That he hasn't mean he's a garbage player put out to pasture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you guys are sleeping on the Cardinals a bit. That division is kinda wide open right now, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FiddySicks said:

I think you guys are sleeping on the Cardinals a bit. That division is kinda wide open right now, too. 

I think all four teams have a shot to be good.  Might be the best division in the NFL.

 

The Cardinals is an odd choice for Watt and while some of the reactions are a bit over the top, I think it is an indication that he's not what he used to be and there wasn't that much demand. (Maybe even that people were too hard on the Texans for letting him go).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.