NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

CS85

57 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

I think you guys are sleeping on the Cardinals a bit. That division is kinda wide open right now, too. 

I wouldn't say wide open; it's gonna be a desperate knife fight.....between multiple Super Bowl contenders.  

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rams80 said:

I wouldn't say wide open; it's gonna be a desperate knife fight.....between multiple Super Bowl contenders.  

Seattle: if they can keep Russ happy(and keep him cooking), they have a good shot with the way the D played over the last 6-7 games

Los Angeles: with Matthew Stafford leading a competent offense, I’d say they are the best in the division.

San Francisco: when healthy, they are a Super Bowl team (see: 2019).

Arizona: now with JJ Watt added to a defense with Chandler Jones and Budda Baker, both sides of the ball are now equally potent, making them a Divisional round-team

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

(Maybe even that people were too hard on the Texans for letting him go).

Solely on a playing level there's definitely a strong case for letting him go. I think the issue is more to do with the extent to which he's been the face of that franchise, the amount he's put into the community etc., only to now be pretty much run out of town by some weird youth pastor/cult leader who's seemingly taken over the entire team.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

3 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I think all four teams have a shot to be good.  Might be the best division in the NFL.

The Cardinals is an odd choice for Watt and while some of the reactions are a bit over the top, I think it is an indication that he's not what he used to be and there wasn't that much demand. (Maybe even that people were too hard on the Texans for letting him go).

All 4 teams also have a shot to be dumpster fires and the 2021 version of the 2020 NFC East

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Eh it will still be called arrowhead 99% of the time even on broadcasts. The same way Denver’s stadium is still called mile high.

This.

Plus, from the same article:

GEHA and the Chiefs are committed to ensuring Arrowhead Stadium remains the identity of the stadium.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, JayMac said:

Ugh. I feel for you. This is horrible. 

Yeah, it really makes me wonder what else is down the line due to either greed or actually being in the red for once (no pun intended). 

5 hours ago, dont care said:

Eh it will still be called arrowhead 99% of the time even on broadcasts. The same way Denver’s stadium is still called mile high.

True, still sucks that now Arrowhead is now some corporate field too.

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

This.

Plus, from the same article:

Yeah, it started with the ticket gates having sponsors and now this. The naming agreement does last for the rest of Arrowhead’s lease through 2031 but I wonder if they’ll build a new stadium like they’re planning with the Royals and said stadium will just be called GEHA Field. Forget that noise. Hell, forget taxpayer-funded stadiums in general. Renovations are fine but there is no city in this country that should be handing billionaire owners free brand new stadiums. For all the crap I can give Kroenke or Kraft, at least they paid for their own damn stadiums.

My big, really dumb team finally signed it's young franchise QB to a long-term deal. Don't care what the terms are, or how large the contract is, the Cowboys needed to resign Dak at almost any cost. Thank :censored: it's finally over with.

EDIT: It's 4 years, $160 million w/ $126million guaranteed and a no-trade, no-tag clause. Dak got what he wanted. Good on him.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

18 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

Andy Dalton proved how valuable Dak was.

Not only that, Dalton very quickly proved that Dak was actually integral part of the Cowboys' offense, rather than being carried, or bolstered, by them as so many Dak critics had been saying. Which is an astoundingly moronic assertion because no QB, no matter their talent, can thrive in the NFL without also having talented players/coaches around them. 

By all accounts, his rehab is going well, but it seems super risky for someone who was last seen with his foot turn backwards and a bone popping out of his skin.  I'm not sure what the alternative was - a franchise tag and then he holds out until they give him the deal anyway?  There may not have been much of a choice here, but the team is taking a huge risk.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As you said, the Cowboys really didn't have a choice, no matter the risk. They fell ass backwards in drafting Dak originally; he was seemingly their last choice. No one knew he'd be as good as he is now back in 2016 when he entered the draft. They couldn't take that chance of trying to draft a franchise QB as good as Dak, especially considering they've lucked into finding their last two franchise QB's while spending virtually no draft capital to attain them (Dak was a conditional 4th and Romo was an undrafted free agent). 

It could easily be argued that the flawed thought that Tony Romo was a "franchise" QB held the team back for a decade.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Good on Dak for getting paid and all, but damn, after seeing the Red Rifle shoot out the offense's eyes, Prescott must've had Jerrah over the table. Of course, considering that he's probably the best QB the Boys have had since Staubach (Aikman WAS that proverbial example of an OK QB being propped up by talent and coaching ala Irvin, Smith and Jimmy Johnson), he has all the leverage in the world. 

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

It could easily be argued that the flawed thought that Tony Romo was a "franchise" QB held the team back for a decade.

I can see that argument. Romo was a lot better than people gave him credit for, but he was covering up for some serious deficiencies on the Cowboys, which were exposed whenever he missed any significant time. Those 2010-2013 Cowboys were not good at all. They should have been picking in the top 10 every year in the draft if it weren’t for Romo.

So I can see the validity of that argument because Romo was good enough to make sure the Cowboys were never quite awful enough to get the picks they needed to rebuild into a contender.

The 2014-2016 Cowboys finally had a Super Bowl contending roster but by then Romo’s body couldn’t hold up anymore. 

I will go to my deathbed thinking that if Romo never got hurt in 2016, the Cowboys would have won the Super Bowl that year. That was the best Cowboys team I’ve seen in my lifetime. 

Archived