• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the Portland one! I wonder how it would look putting "Rip City" instead of "Portland"

I think proportions are a little big on the Phoenix one. Name should be a little higher, and the flag design should be smaller.

You're doing good though! You have really good ideas and I would like to see more of your work. Some jerseys might need refinement in the proportions (numbers, team name) to make it more realistic. Other than this, keep it going!

Thanks man. I'm not as familiar with Basketball so I just kind of go with what looks right to me as far as placement and proportions, but I'm working on it and trying to get closer to actual jerseys. I'll try putting Rip City on there. I'm not a fan of the name personally; that's why I put Portland. The team and fans like the Rip City though so I'll try it. If you're interested in seeing more of my work I'm posting concepts on my twitter @johne9109. I'll also be starting an NHL series when I'm done with this series. 

ZUH86xc.png

All 3 are pretty good. The one that I’d buy the most is Portland 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

1 minute ago, johne9109 said:

Which is funny because I feel like I put the least amount of effort into

Simplicity can be key sometimes 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Thank you! I think a big part of it is the fact that I mainly do NHL concepts which are heavy in logos and design elements and NBA jerseys are a lot more simple and word/number heavy. People have given great feedback though and I feel like I'm getting a better feel fro what goes into a NBA concept

ZUH86xc.png

Only one nitpick with the Jazz, make the UTAH green, or make both the wordmark and the numbers blue. Preferably the latter.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Everything about the Wizards are nice! How about a Bonus Seattle?

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 2/11/2021 at 6:21 PM, johne9109 said:

Taking my own stab at some NBA City Edition jersey. I'll start with the Atlanta Hawks. I kinda took the concept that Cleveland ran with and did a hip hop inspired city edition. Each letter is taken from a different well known rapper from Atlanta. A-Migos, T-T.I., L-Lil' Jon, A-Outkast, N-2 Chainz, T- TLC, A-Ludachris. On the sides of the jersey feature curved striping that represent Spaghetti Junction> I couldn't get the lines to do exactly what I wanted to so I did what I could. If someone has recommendations on how to do curved lines better please let me know. 

Awesome concept, the outkast font would be amazing on the jersey. However, not sure if rap 'logos' are as recognizable as rock. They never stick to the same wordmark more than a few years. 

3 minutes ago, DeluxeGraphicSupply said:

Awesome concept, the outkast font would be amazing on the jersey. However, not sure if rap 'logos' are as recognizable as rock. They never stick to the same wordmark more than a few years. 

You're absolutely right. It was hard finding even slight recognizable fonts/logos, but Atlanta is very well known for it's rap scene so I felt it worked. I wish the NBA was more logo centric than wordmarks because I would've just used the Outkast crown logo and put Atlanta on the inside

ZUH86xc.png

Archived