2021 NASCAR Thread

RyanMcD29

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, RyanMcD29 said:

It ended up working out in the end when Tony Stewart joined a lower tier Haas CNC Racing as a partial owner, but yeah given how Roush has been the past decade I'm not sure that's going to work that well in the short term for Keselowski

I hoping we get a team rename to RFK Racing

I think Brad previously discussed about being an owner in the Cup series, and this is honestly the best opportunity he could ask for.

Roush is a ghost of it's former glory, but still is a good, solid organization; and has decades of foundation built to stand on. Jack still has deep pockets and basically, probably, wrote Brad a blank check to be apart of his team.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

On 6/26/2021 at 3:11 PM, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I think Brad previously discussed about being an owner in the Cup series, and this is honestly the best opportunity he could ask for.

Roush is a ghost of it's former glory, but still is a good, solid organization; and has decades of foundation built to stand on. Jack still has deep pockets and basically, probably, wrote Brad a blank check to be apart of his team.

And still tons of support from ford. Every dord engine still comes out of roush Yates. With SHR struggling and Kes moving to roush ford might pump some more money into them to be the premier team on Penske’s level if not more.

On 6/26/2021 at 7:00 AM, DNAsports said:

Weird move. Honestly would’ve liked to have seen DiBenedetto go to Roush. I’ve always thought he was a damn good driver, but he just needs better equipment 

...what? The Wood Brothers are basically a 4th Penske car. Roush would be a major step down.

Other silly season news that wasn't discussed here is Kaulig buying 2 charters to go Cup racing next year (both from Spire - the 77 and the one that Trackhouse is currently leasing). Haley full time in the 16 and Allmendinger running a partial schedule in the other car (that doesn't have a number yet, probably 61?). I assume Kaz Grala will be the other driver for when AJ isn't racing, although there are other potential options such as Jeb Burton.

ExJworW.png

As a life-long Roush fan I am excited about it. The timing is also perfect with the next gen car coming next year - every team will have to get used to the new car and Brad might be able to provide immediate feedback that gets Roush running in the top 5/10 consistently. 

T1oYViW.png

4 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Trackhouse has bought Ganassi and will run 2 full time entries next year.

This is a good thing for the sport. We have someone in Pitbull; widely known and can help extend NASCAR's reach into new, and unfamiliar markets. Plus, their charter wasn't theirs to own. They were leasing it from Spire; who promptly sold it and the one they held onto to Kaulig.

I believe that he'll keep Chastain and now Suarez's 2022 plans were a bit murky because they would have to get their hands on another charter; but now his is crystal clear.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

• 1 month later...

AJ wins at Indy, and kisses the bricks in the Cup race; but the race was a joke. Or a :censored:show. Or whatever you want to call it. Drivers were just unable to get through Turns 5 and 6 without making a big mess of things. The race goes long because of multiple red flags. NBC switched over to another program because of it. Most didn't get to see the end because of it, and there's endless whining on social media. I think they'll give it the old college try a second time, but something will need to be done about Calamity Junction.

Probably they'll reconfigure the layout or something. (Maybe they can do what they did with Daytona in February. The 500 one week, and next the ROVAL. But, in this case; it'll be the Brickyard one week, and the Indy ROVAL layout the following week). But, like it or not; this was probably (or easily) the most exciting Cup race at the Brickyard in a long, long time. Maybe the Next Gen car can fix the many issues plaguing racing at Indianapolis.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2021 at 10:29 PM, dont care said:

I see it in terms of colors, but it’s not Petty’s “43” just a generic font

Of course it's not the Petty font.  This is a race for women, not a stock car race.  It's just that someone in the organization knew enough about the King to get the colors! 

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Bubba wins a rain-shortened race at Talladega.

And it wasn't a Haley 2019 style win either, he completely earned it. Great for him, rain is never how you envision getting your first win but hey, it counts, trophy's still his.

That makes it 3/3 on first time winners this weekend. Talladega doesn't disappoint, that's for sure.

ExJworW.png

So glad to see Bubba get a win! I'm hoping we see 23XI get even more competitive next season with the Next Gen cars and Kurt coming on board. This is McDonald's first win in the Cup Series in like 20-ish years too, right?

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 10/4/2021 at 5:05 PM, QCS said:

So glad to see Bubba get a win! I'm hoping we see 23XI get even more competitive next season with the Next Gen cars and Kurt coming on board. This is McDonald's first win in the Cup Series in like 20-ish years too, right?

Last time McDonald's went to Victory Lane in the Cup Series was 1994 with Jimmy Spencer. It was either the Pepsi 400 or the 2nd Talladega race.

EDIT: It was the 1994 DieHard 500 at Talladega in July.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Michael Annett (1, JR Motorsports) has announced he will be retiring from full time racing following this season.

Its not a surprise considering all the health and injury problems he’s been dealing with this year.

I look for Josh Berry to slide into the 1 car. He’s proven he can win. As he’s done twice this year at Martinsville in the 8 and filling in for Annett in the 1 at Las Vegas.

As for the vacancy in the 8 car, I’m sure Jr Motorsports will continue to use it as a stepping stone for young drivers and the occasional veteran fill in, but I’d like to see Matt DiBenedetto get that ride if he has to step away from the Cup Series

Archived