2021 NASCAR Thread

RyanMcD29

13 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Michael Annett (1, JR Motorsports) has announced he will be retiring from full time racing following this season.

Its not a surprise considering all the health and injury problems he’s been dealing with this year.

I look for Josh Berry to slide into the 1 car. He’s proven he can win. As he’s done twice this year at Martinsville in the 8 and filling in for Annett in the 1 at Las Vegas.

As for the vacancy in the 8 car, I’m sure Jr Motorsports will continue to use it as a stepping stone for young drivers and the occasional veteran fill in, but I’d like to see Matt DiBenedetto get that ride if he has to step away from the Cup Series

Berry's already been confirmed to be full time in the 8 next year, and I assume Sam Mayer will be Annett's replacement in the 1.

As for DiBenedetto, I think he might get a ride at Kaulig, whether it be part time in Cup (they have 2 charters for next year, Haley is full time in the 16 and Allmendinger is part time in the other) or full time in the Xfinity 10 if they choose to get rid of Jeb Burton. Nutrien Ag is leaving the car at the end of the year, but since Hemric is in the 11 with Poppy Bank they can shift LeafFilter to the 10 and keep all 3 full time cars.

ExJworW.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived