1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Thanks. I agree that the road set is the best one. Any suggestions on how to make the home and alt less "awkward?"

I'd say put some of the distinct road uniform light orange on the cap as well, so it's less like those two teams. The bill would probably work the best.

As for the Seattle Pilots, you've got the "goofy hideous 70s uniform" look down with that 😜

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Coiler said:

I'd say put some of the distinct road uniform light orange on the cap as well, so it's less like those two teams. The bill would probably work the best.

As for the Seattle Pilots, you've got the "goofy hideous 70s uniform" look down with that 😜

Thanks! I'll see what I can do with the Giants.

20 hours ago, lgbaseball8 said:

I love this series, but can’t help but notice that you have consistently used contrasting front numbers with almost every team. It works well as a quirky niche every once in a while (ie. Dodgers) but looks tacky with most uniform designs IMO.

What can I say? I'm a fan of contrasting front numbers. Most of the designs in this series involve juggling as many as four different colors for one team and using contrasting front numbers is one way to accomplish this. Also, the quirkiness of the Dodgers numbers comes from the fact that red doesn't appear anywhere else on their uniforms.

If there are any specific teams that you think would look improved with matching front numbers, I'd be happy to make some tweaks. 

Next up are the 1977-88 Blue Jays!

BLUE JAYS 1977-88 HOME:

spacer.png

BLUE JAYS 1977-88 ROAD:

spacer.png

BLUE JAYS 1977-88 HOME ALT:

spacer.png

This one is somewhat subtle. I infused the aquamarine blue from Toronto's 1977-96 primary logo into the Jays' 1977-88 pullover set. The new cap design has an aquamarine crown with white front panel, dark blue bill and powder blue squatchee. 

C&C appreciated! 

Also, if anyone has any ideas or requests for primary logo-colored designs, feel free to to suggest them!

• Like 2

• coco1997 changed the title to Recoloring MLB (Formerly Un-Blue & Redding MLB) - Blue Jays 8/30
12 hours ago, coco1997 said:

C&C appreciated! 

Also, if anyone has any ideas or requests for primary logo-colored designs, feel free to to suggest them!

The Aquamarine Jays looks good.

As for primary logos, while it's normally tricky because generally the team's real colors are based on the primary logo, I'm thinking of the 1987-1996 Pirates

-Change from black and yellow to black and white/gray (yes, this will be reminiscent of the Raiders football team), but to simulate the pirate's cravat, have huge red collars (think the black on the 70s White Sox)
-Cap logo is the crossed baseball bats on the pirate's cap.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2021 at 6:14 AM, Coiler said:

The Aquamarine Jays looks good.

As for primary logos, while it's normally tricky because generally the team's real colors are based on the primary logo, I'm thinking of the 1987-1996 Pirates

-Change from black and yellow to black and white/gray (yes, this will be reminiscent of the Raiders football team), but to simulate the pirate's cravat, have huge red collars (think the black on the 70s White Sox)
-Cap logo is the crossed baseball bats on the pirate's cap.

Interesting suggestion for the Pirates. I'll see what I can do.

After a short break, I'm back with the Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays!

RAYS 1998-2000 HOME:

spacer.png

RAYS 1998-2000 ROAD:

spacer.png

RAYS 1998-2000 HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

This one inadvertently ended up being an update/modernization of the Devil Rays' original look. My main goal was to eliminate black entirely and instead use the indigo-ish purple from the Rays' 1998-2000 primary logo as the team's main color (The "Rays" script also comes from that primary logo). I also went all-in on the gradient design by applying it to the back numbers, pants, sleeves and socks. I'm not a fan of any "Tampa Bay" script the team has ever used so the cap logo is used on the road jersey. 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 6

• coco1997 changed the title to Recoloring MLB (Formerly Un-Blue & Redding MLB) - Devil Rays 9/4
On 2/23/2021 at 3:45 PM, coco1997 said:

Thanks, bud!

You guessed it!

Today we have the Philadelphia Phillies!

PHILLIES HOME
spacer.png

PHILLIES ROAD
spacer.png

PHILLIES HOME ALT
spacer.png

PHILLIES ROAD ALT

spacer.png

Since neither the Flyers' nor Sixers' colors would really work for the Phillies (the Sixers being because they're nearly the same as the Phillies' actual colors anyway) I decided to put them in the Eagles' classic Randall Cunningham-era colors of Kelly green, black and silver. The Phillies actually wore green briefly for the 1910 season, so it's not that huge of a stretch. Big thanks to @Carolingian Steamroller for the idea and for helping with this set. 

C&C appreciated as always! The Rays are on deck. 

The Phillies also wore a green uniform for St Patrick's Day in the late 70s 

• Like 2

Phillies102708_1.pngEagles_15.jpg

On 9/6/2021 at 11:43 AM, Coiler said:

The best purse you can make out of the sows ear that was their original color scheme, I suppose.

That's quite a backhanded compliment. 😂

Today we have the New York Yankees!

YANKEES 1947-67 HOME:

spacer.png

YANKEES 1947-67 HOME ALT:

spacer.png

YANKEES 1947-67 ROAD:

spacer.png

YANKEES 1947-67 ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

This one was a bit of a challenge. For the Yankees, I wanted to incorporate the red and two shades of blue from their 1947-67 primary logo. I went with light blue pins at home and on the road alt and used that same shade as the base of the road uniform. With red being the primary color of the logo, I decided to work up a red alt for home games. In case you were wondering, the "Yankees" script comes from this awesome old dugout jacket.

C&C and suggestions appreciated as always! 

• Like 2

• coco1997 changed the title to Recoloring MLB (Formerly Un-Blue & Redding MLB) - Yankees 9/8
On 9/8/2021 at 4:35 PM, Coiler said:

Wow, a Yankees recolor that actually doesn't look out of place!

Thanks!

This evening we have the 1972-74 Houston Astros!

ASTROS 1972-74 HOME:
spacer.png

ASTROS 1972-74 ROAD:

spacer.png

ASTROS 1972-74 HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

This one uses the lighter blue from Houston's 1965-76 primary logo. I also played around with the color balance a bit, going orange heavy with blue scripts and numbers at home and the reverse on the road, as well as using contrasting cap crowns and bills. 

• Like 2

• coco1997 changed the title to Recoloring MLB (Formerly Un-Blue & Redding MLB) - Astros 9/11
  • 3 months later...

Thought it would be fun to squeeze in one final concept before the year ends. With the Virginia Tech Hokies wearing the Yankees logo on their helmets this past Wednesday, I decided to read up a bit more about the special relationship between the Bronx Bombers and Virginia Tech, so here are the Yankees in VT Hokies colors:

YANKEES HOME:
spacer.png

YANKEES ROAD:

spacer.png

YANKEES HOME ALT:

spacer.png

YANKEES ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

C&C appreciated and Happy New Year! 

• Like 1

• coco1997 changed the title to Recoloring MLB (Formerly Un-Blue & Redding MLB) - Yankees x Virginia Tech 12/31
  • 4 months later...

Revisiting this thread with a Cubs redesign:

CUBS HOME:

spacer.png

CUBS ROAD:

spacer.png

CUBS ALT:

spacer.png

I always found it interesting that the Cubs' 1962-71 and 1972-78 alternate logos used blue and gold when gold appeared nowhere else on their uniforms, so I decided to try out a full Cubs set that replaces red with gold. I used the ornate 1932-33 "Cubs" and "Chicago" scripts since these were two seasons when the Cubs used blue and gold. 

C&C appreciated! 

• coco1997 changed the title to Recoloring MLB (Formerly Un-Blue & Redding MLB) - Cubs in blue & gold 5/1
Just now, NicDB said:

Imagine being a Brewers fan who lives in Wrigleyville. 

I want to choke the hell out of @coco1997... and I like him and his concepts!

15 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Brewers fans are triggered

Ha! Yeah, I shared these designs with a huge Cubs fan buddy of mine and his response was very similar.

But try to picture this design existing in a vacuum, or in an alternate universe where the Crew wear my Bucks green and purple design. I think it could work.

• 2 months later...
On 5/2/2022 at 9:31 AM, NicDB said:

Nope! This. Is. Not. Right! In ANY universe!

If anything, keep the red and make the Cubs a predominantly brown team. 

Haha. A reasonable reaction from a Brewers fan. :wink2: The brown and red suggestion is one I might have to entertain in the future. 

Anyway, I'm back today with a new Mariners concept!

MARINERS HOME:
spacer.png

MARINERS ROAD:

spacer.png

MARINERS HOME ALT:
spacer.png

MARINERS ROAD ALT:
spacer.png

I love the newly-revealed 2023 All-Star Game logo--it's easily my favorite ASG logo from the past decade--so much so that it got me wondering what the addition of athletic gold would do to the Mariners' current teal and navy colorway. In replacing silver, I really like the pop of bright color it provides. It also serves to sort of tie the M's uniform history together, given Seattle was a royal blue and gold team for the first sixteen years of their existence. 

As always, C&C is appreciated! 

• Like 4

• coco1997 changed the title to Recoloring MLB (Formerly Un-Blue & Redding MLB) - Mariners in 2023 All-Star Game colors 7/25
  • 5 weeks later...

Since it's Ukrainian Independence Day, I had this weird "Ukraine Solidarity" concept. It would be having the specific blue and yellow of the nation's flag be used for either a Yankees or Mets uniform-since NYC unsurprisingly has a giant amount of Ukrainian Americans. (Western Pennsylvania does too, but the Pirates already have yellow in their uniform, so it wouldn't be as distinct).

• Like 1