Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Blindsay said:

Red Sox - Celtics

Yankees- Knicks?

Jays- Raptors

Rangers- Cowboys? Stars?

Mariners- Sonics?

Cubs- Bulls

Dodgers- Rams or Chargers

 

 

Look on Page 1 page and you'll see I already tackled the Rangers, Cubs and Dodgers. 

 

I won't be changing the Jays since they really can't be anything but blue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, coco1997 said:

 

Look on Page 1 page and you'll see I already tackled the Rangers, Cubs and Dodgers. 

 

I won't be changing the Jays since they really can't be anything but blue. 

Ah ok. But I was just giving second suggestions for LA Texas and Chicago

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your version of the Nats look like something the Kansas City Royals could easily pull off!  Your second draft fixes some of the potential legibility issues with the first draft (specifically the home and the home alt), and I particularly like the gold and blue alts!

 

The Rays are a really solid look, and I like the Angels alts as well. I feel like I'm in the minority of people that actually liked the short-lived volt Hawks, and the way you pulled off the Braves looks nice and modern

 

Some good stuff here! 👌

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I prefer the "Nationals" script over the "W" monogram, I think your alternative idea for the Nats is better and looks more balanced.

Once again, great job overall. I think the Angels set might be my favourite one from the series! Wonderful colour scheme.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/14/2021 at 5:46 PM, 29texan said:

 

*Arlington... which is actually a suburb of Fort Worth...

 

But I know what you're saying. San Antonio is also "Rangers Territory" as much as it is Cowboys Territory

 

dismissive wanking motion

 

The point is that San Antonio is much more Spanish than Dallas is, so it's a bad fit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2021 at 2:39 PM, TheGiantsFan said:

Your version of the Nats look like something the Kansas City Royals could easily pull off!  Your second draft fixes some of the potential legibility issues with the first draft (specifically the home and the home alt), and I particularly like the gold and blue alts!

 

The Rays are a really solid look, and I like the Angels alts as well. I feel like I'm in the minority of people that actually liked the short-lived volt Hawks, and the way you pulled off the Braves looks nice and modern

 

Some good stuff here! 👌

 

Thanks for the feedback! I never thought of those colors together for the Royals, but I guess they could work! And I'm glad I'm not the only fan of the volt era Hawks.

spacer.png

 

7 hours ago, Victormrey said:

While I prefer the "Nationals" script over the "W" monogram, I think your alternative idea for the Nats is better and looks more balanced.

Once again, great job overall. I think the Angels set might be my favourite one from the series! Wonderful colour scheme.

 

Thanks again!
 

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

dismissive wanking motion

 

The point is that San Antonio is much more Spanish than Dallas is, so it's a bad fit

 

The anti-Spurs colors for the Rangers message is coming through loud and clear. I'll be uploading a version of the Rangers in Stars colors at the end of the series.

This evening we have the Milwaukee Brewers!

BREWERS HOME
spacer.png

 

BREWERS ROAD

spacer.png

 

BREWERS HOME ALT

spacer.png

 

BREWERS ROAD ALT

spacer.png

 

This is probably the most '90s concept I've ever done. Again, the Brewers aren't a blue and red team, but I wanted to inject some more green into MLB, so for the Brewers I looked to the mid-'90s Milwaukee Bucks. I made the home uniform cream ("Cream City") and used wheat as a trim color. The home alt is probably my favorite of the bunch. Let me know what you think! 

 

Speaking of green, the Red Sox will be up next! 

 

P.S. With all these new purple teams in the league, maybe I'll have to tweak the color scheme of a certain historically purple team... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today we have the Boston Red Sox!

RED SOX HOME
spacer.png

 

RED SOX ROAD

spacer.png

 

RED SOX HOME ALT

spacer.png

 

RED SOX ROAD ALT
spacer.png

 

This one is a pretty straightforward swap of Boston's navy for Celtic green. The key rule is to not allow red and green to touch (except, I guess, on the cleats) so no outlines on the home and road primaries. Red is emphasized at home and green on the road, although I suppose the green alt could be worn at home, as well. 

C&C appreciated! The Mariners are next. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jaytavo305 said:

Rockies in nuggets colors would look sharp. Boston looks awesome btw, I think this could really suit them in real life

Fun fact: they wore them in a 2000s game against the Yankees in the regular season.

 

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

I’m loving this series! The Red Sox look really good (don’t quote me, lol), but that Brewers one might be my favorite!! 
 

Way to go, brother!!!

 

Thanks, man!

 

6 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

Rockies in nuggets colors would look sharp. Boston looks awesome btw, I think this could really suit them in real life


I have the Rockies ready to go, but they won't be in Nuggets colors. I might try them in Nuggets colors sometime down the road. 

 

4 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Fun fact: they wore them in a 2000s game against the Yankees in the regular season.

 

I remember those. Much more muted green, so the red touching green actually worked on those jerseys. 

 

Up today are the Seattle Mariners!

MARINERS HOME
spacer.png

 

MARINERS ROAD

spacer.png

 

MARINERS HOME ALT
spacer.png

 

MARINERS ROAD ALT
spacer.png

 

At this point I may as well have titled this series "Recoloring most of MLB" because the Mariners again are not a blue and red team. I do, however, feel their current look has gotten a bit stale, so I decided to bring back the more streamlined early Griffey era look and combine it with the colors of the Seattle Kraken. If the Marlins refuse to bring back the teal, then maybe the Mariners could own this shade.  

C&C appreciated! The Rockies are up next. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally, I'd like to forget that the Bucks ever wore purple. But I must say those colors work surprisingly well together. That would be a great scheme for the Rockies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It certainly is a quite 90s looking Brewers, but I love their original 90s look.  Any reasons you mismatched the 1994 bridge Brewers wordmark with the 1997 vertical arched Milwaukee wordmark, rather than going both 1994 bridge wordmarks or both 1997 vertical arched wordmarks?  I personally would want the bridge wordmarks, but I think one of those wordmarks need to change to be consistent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm suddenly obsessed with the Red Sox. And hey, it makes sense!! I think the only things that would need to change are just the inclusion of a liiiittle more red on the road set, but otherwise I'd take this in a heartbeat!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

I'm suddenly obsessed with the Red Sox. And hey, it makes sense!! I think the only things that would need to change are just the inclusion of a liiiittle more red on the road set, but otherwise I'd take this in a heartbeat!

 

I figured with the red on the socks, sleeve patch and cap logo there's just enough red so that they don't become the Green Sox. Any suggestions on where else I could add some?

 

4 hours ago, packerfan21396 said:

Any reasons you mismatched the 1994 bridge Brewers wordmark with the 1997 vertical arched Milwaukee wordmark, rather than going both 1994 bridge wordmarks or both 1997 vertical arched wordmarks?  I personally would want the bridge wordmarks, but I think one of those wordmarks need to change to be consistent.

 

That wasn't deliberate, just an oversight on my part. Good catch. Here's the corrected road uniform with the corrected script:

 

spacer.png

 

19 hours ago, NicDB said:

Personally, I'd like to forget that the Bucks ever wore purple. But I must say those colors work surprisingly well together. That would be a great scheme for the Rockies.

 

Thanks! And speaking of the Rockies...


ROCKIES HOME
spacer.png

 

ROCKIES ROAD
spacer.png


ROCKIES HOME ALT

spacer.png

 

ROCKIES ROAD ALT

spacer.png

 

With the Phillies donning Kelly green and black (coupled with the fact that I increased the number of purple teams in the league three-fold) I figured it left the door open for another team to own the burgundy and blue colorway. I put the Rockies in the colors of the Colorado Avalanche, trying to balance burgundy and steel blue while using silver as an accent. Blue is the dominant color at home while burgundy is emphasized on the road. 

C&C appreciated! I'd also love to get some more feedback on the Mariners. 

 

The Cardinals are up next. Only a few teams left!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/2/2021 at 2:58 PM, coco1997 said:

Today we have the Boston Red Sox!

RED SOX HOME
spacer.png

 

RED SOX ROAD

spacer.png

 

RED SOX HOME ALT

spacer.png

 

RED SOX ROAD ALT
spacer.png

 

This one is a pretty straightforward swap of Boston's navy for Celtic green. The key rule is to not allow red and green to touch (except, I guess, on the cleats) so no outlines on the home and road primaries. Red is emphasized at home and green on the road, although I suppose the green alt could be worn at home, as well. 

C&C appreciated! The Mariners are next. 

I really like the Sox using green. It less Celtic green and more Green Monster. They should use that road alt in real life

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I would unify the number colors on the front and back for the mariners, might clean it up a little. The last few have been awesome otherwise, although I'm still pushing for the rockies in the old colorado rockies/current nuggets colors 🤣!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, coco1997 said:

 

I figured with the red on the socks, sleeve patch and cap logo there's just enough red so that they don't become the Green Sox. Any suggestions on where else I could add some?

 

Hmm... possibly on the number outlines like you have on the alternates? Though I suppose green+red right on top of each other could get messy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • coco1997 changed the title to Recoloring MLB (Formerly Un-Blue & Redding MLB) - Astros 9/11

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.