On 8/17/2021 at 1:57 PM, Coiler said:

That looks so much like the turn of millennium Wizards. And it's actually better IMO than the drab red or red-blue the real Angels have always used.

Thanks! And you're absolutely correct about the similarity to those Wizards uniforms.

Up today we have the 1950s-1960s White Sox!

WHITE SOX 1951-63 HOME:

spacer.png

WHITE SOX 1951-63 ROAD:
spacer.png

WHITE SOX 1969-70 HOME:

spacer.png

WHITE SOX 1969-70 ROAD:
spacer.png

WHITE SOX 1969-70 ALT:

spacer.png

From 1949-70, the the White Sox used this sharp roundel logo. I decided to go gold logos and numbers on the '69-70 home set similar to the A's.  If the Pirates didn't have a monopoly on black and gold, I think this is a color scheme the White Sox could absolutely own.  Big thanks to @Carolingian Steamroller for the consult on this one.

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 2

• coco1997 changed the title to Recoloring MLB (Formerly Un-Blue & Redding MLB) - White Sox 8/18
16 hours ago, Coiler said:

One big problem: The socks are not colored white. On a team called the White Sox.

(Also, having them be colored BLACK of all things would not be good optics given the incident).

Fair comment, but you'll notice that the actual uniforms from this era did in fact use black stirrups with white sanitaries. My '69-70 home and alt designs above use white socks. 

21 hours ago, NicDB said:

Not bad in a vacuum, but in real life, the similarity to the Pirates is too jarring for me.  This would look more "Chicago" to me with red instead of yellow. 

Very true.  As I mentioned, the only way this could work in real life is if the Pirates owned a color scheme other than black and gold. 

Up today we have the 1941-45 Cubs!

CUBS 1941-45 HOME:

spacer.png

CUBS 1941-45 ROAD:

spacer.png

The Cubs' 1941-45 primary logo features a fearsome growling brown bear without a trace of the Cubs' secondary color of red. Blue is emphasized at home and brown on the road. The khaki color from their 1908-10 logo serves as the base for the away uniform. 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 3

• coco1997 changed the title to Recoloring MLB (Formerly Un-Blue & Redding MLB) - Cubs 8/19
16 hours ago, Coiler said:

Like the brown and tan. It's neither red nor bears orange, and looks distinct without being ugly.

Thanks!

The next team is the 1961-75 Twins:

TWINS 1961-71 HOME:

spacer.png

TWINS 1961-71 ROAD:

spacer.png

TWINS 1972-75 HOME:

spacer.png

TWINS 1972-75 ROAD:

spacer.png

The first Twins' primary logo strangely used a distinct shade of teal-ish blue along with red. The 1961-71 set is pretty straightforward, with navy replaced by this teal-ish blue. I used this teal-ish shade as the base of the 1972-75 road uniform which I feel would have been right at home with the wacky aesthetic of baseball at the time. 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 5

• coco1997 changed the title to Recoloring MLB (Formerly Un-Blue & Redding MLB) - 1961-75 Twins 8/21
On 8/22/2021 at 6:00 PM, Coiler said:

Looks very 70s in a good way and the teal-blue is a nice distinct color. Another great job!

Thanks! I'm having fun with these designs.

Next up are the 1971-72 California Angels:

ANGELS 1971-72 HOME:

spacer.png

ANGELS 1971-72 ROAD:

spacer.png

ANGELS 1973-85 HOME:

spacer.png

ANGELS 1973-85 ROAD:

spacer.png

The 1971-85 Angels primary logo is mostly red and halo gold. This design replaces navy with gold and uses a new gold crowned cap with a white front panel for use at home. 

C&C appreciated!

• Like 4

• coco1997 changed the title to Recoloring MLB (Formerly Un-Blue & Redding MLB) - California Angels 8/22
On 8/24/2021 at 2:02 PM, Coiler said:

On one hand, the colors look ugly, like a cross between a mustard hot dog and the North Vietnamese flag. On the other, it does look very 1970s, like something that would appear in "bad uniforms of the decade" retrospectives.

Haha! Yes, "very 1970s" is exactly what I was going for. And hey, if the Padres can get away with having "pee and poop" colored uniforms (not my sentiments) I'm shocked no MLB team has latched onto a red and athletic gold color scheme. 

Anyway, up this evening are the 1969-85 Royals!

ROYALS 1969-72 HOME:

spacer.png

ROYALS 1969-72 ROAD:
spacer.png

ROYALS 1969-72 ALT:
spacer.png

ROYALS 1973-82 HOME:

spacer.png

ROYALS 1973-82 ROAD:

spacer.png

It wasn't until Kansas City won the World Series in 2015 that the Royals finally started to lean into a gold-tinged look. This redesign adds the deep, almost orange-y gold from to their 1969-1985 primary logos to their 1969-82 uniforms with gold scripts and back numbers at home and a gold squatchee on the caps. Unfortunately, I had to roll with gray for the '73-82 road set because this particular shade of gold and powder blue just did not go well together. 

C&C appreciated as always!

• Like 3

• coco1997 changed the title to Recoloring MLB (Formerly Un-Blue & Redding MLB) - Royals 8/24
6 hours ago, Coiler said:

Blue and yellow does make it a little Brewers-ish, but gold fits with a team called the "Royals".

Thanks. Yeah, there was some concern about looking too much like the Brewers, which is one of the reasons I went with gold scripts and numbers. 

Next up are the 2004-11 Padres!

PADRES 2004-11 HOME:

spacer.png

PADRES 2004-11 ROAD:
spacer.png

PADRES 2004-11 HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

For the Padres, I used the scarlet and metallic gold of the 2004-11 Padres' Swinging Friar alternate logo. Sand is used both as a trim color and as the base of the road uni. 

C&C appreciated! Another take on the Twins is up next. 

• Like 3

• coco1997 changed the title to Recoloring MLB (Formerly Un-Blue & Redding MLB) - Padres 8/25
6 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Thanks. Yeah, there was some concern about looking too much like the Brewers, which is one of the reasons I went with gold scripts and numbers. 

Next up are the 2004-11 Padres!

PADRES 2004-11 HOME:

spacer.png

PADRES 2004-11 ROAD:
spacer.png

PADRES 2004-11 HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

For the Padres, I used the scarlet and metallic gold of the 2004-11 Padres' Swinging Friar alternate logo. Sand is used both as a trim color and as the base of the road uni. 

C&C appreciated! Another take on the Twins is up next. 

Those colors IMMEDIATELY made me think of the Diamondbacks lol

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

12 hours ago, mrcubfan415 said:

Those colors IMMEDIATELY made me think of the Diamondbacks lol

That's fair. In this alternate universe the D-Backs would have stuck with purple and turquoise thus avoiding any comparisons with this Padres redesign.

7 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Great work overall! The scarlet + gold scheme really works for the Padres, and the Twins with that unique blue-ish teal shade is one of my favourite sets of the project!

Thanks!

Up today are the 1976-86 Twins!

TWINS 1976-86 HOME:

spacer.png

TWINS 1976-86 ROAD:

spacer.png

TWINS 1976-86 HOME ALT:

spacer.png

TWINS 1976-86 ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

Another take on the Twins, this time using the royal blue and red color combo from the team's 1976-86 primary logo. This one is pretty straightforward. Red emphasized at home and blue on the road. 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 2

• coco1997 changed the title to Recoloring MLB (Formerly Un-Blue & Redding MLB) - Twins 8/26
On 8/27/2021 at 3:33 AM, Coiler said:

Looks a little more bland than some of the others due to being another variant of red and blue, but still good.

Thanks!

Today we have the 1977-1979 San Francisco Giants!

GIANTS 1977-79 HOME:

spacer.png

GIANTS 1977-79 ROAD:

spacer.png

GIANTS 1977-79 ALT:

spacer.png

The 1973-79 Giants' primary logo is a pale orange-colored baseball outlined in the Giants' regular orange. For the Giants' '77-79 look, I incorporated this lighter orange, and rather than try to juggle all three colors on the road uniform, I made the entire set this shade of powder orange, if there is such a thing. 

C&C appreciated!

• Like 2

• coco1997 changed the title to Recoloring MLB (Formerly Un-Blue & Redding MLB) - Giants 8/28
On 8/28/2021 at 4:42 PM, Coiler said:

The home and alternate uniforms just look like an awkward halfway between the original Giants and the Orioles. But the road one looks fantastic. (I have a soft spot for default road uniforms that aren't gray).

Thanks. I agree that the road set is the best one. Any suggestions on how to make the home and alt less "awkward?"

Up this evening are the Seattle Pilots!

PILOTS 1969 HOME:

spacer.png

PILOTS 1969 ROAD:

spacer.png

PILOTS 1969 HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

The Seattle Pilots may have only existed for one season, but that didn't mean I was going to ignore them for this project. This design turns the Pilots into a red-dominant team, inspired by the pilot's wheel from their primary logo.  The road set is a little more subtle than the Pilots' actual road uniform, using simpler sleeve stripes and a gray base rather than powder blue. The red jersey is a tweak of my Historical Alts series design. 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 2