Hi everyone,

For my latest project, I wanted to do address the overabundance of blue & red teams across Major League Baseball. For inspiration, I figured I'd look at the colors of other local teams to create some regional visual unity, similar to the way that all Pittsburgh teams use black and gold. Note that some teams will be using throwback colors of local teams, such as the first team below. 

We start today with the Texas Rangers in the San Antonio Spurs' fiesta colors. Thanks to @Victormrey for the suggestion!

RANGERS HOME

spacer.png

RANGERS ROAD
spacer.png

RANGERS HOME ALT 1

spacer.png

RANGERS HOME ALT 2
spacer.png

RANGERS HOME ALT 3

spacer.png

RANGERS ROAD ALT

spacer.png

C&C appreciated! Another team will be up soon.

• Like 13

I’d drop the orange and pink alts and add a Rangers text on the home rather than all the uniforms saying Texas.

I’m also curious why you chose the Spurs fiesta color scheme over something actually belonging to Dallas. Both the Stars and Mavericks schemes would be unique in the MLB too.

• Like 5

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

14 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I’m also curious why you chose the Spurs fiesta color scheme over something actually belonging to Dallas. 

*Arlington... which is actually a suburb of Fort Worth...

But I know what you're saying. San Antonio is also "Rangers Territory" as much as it is Cowboys Territory

• Like 1

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Ooh I love this. May I suggest the angels back to red & yellow? The Phillies back to powder blue & maroon? The cubs back to blue and gold? The cardinals to red and powder blue? The twins to Purple and blue? The Indians Cleveland Baseball Team to just blue/black?

• Like 2

tinysig.jpg

18 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I’d drop the orange and pink alts and add a Rangers text on the home rather than all the uniforms saying Texas.

I’m also curious why you chose the Spurs fiesta color scheme over something actually belonging to Dallas. Both the Stars and Mavericks schemes would be unique in the MLB too.

I considered the Stars but didn't want the Rangers looking too much like Oakland by being another green-heavy team. I may go back and do another take on the Rangers in green and black once I get through the other teams I plan to do. 

13 hours ago, Jake3roo said:

Ooh I love this. May I suggest the angels back to red & yellow? The Phillies back to powder blue & maroon? The cubs back to blue and gold? The cardinals to red and powder blue? The twins to Purple and blue? The Indians Cleveland Baseball Team to just blue/black?

Thanks! I'll be doing all the teams mentioned above expect for the Cardinals, since they have to be in red by virtue of their name. However, the other teams will have different color schemes than the ones you suggested. Remember, teams will use colors worn by or previously worn by other teams in their same city/state. 

2 hours ago, Blindsay said:

This screams Old Marlins to me

That's fair, but the new scheme I have planned for the Marlins will dispel any similarities between the two. ;)

Next up are the Dodgers! The Los Angeles Lakers have one of my favorite color schemes in all of professional sports, and it works really well for the Dodgers. This color scheme could also work well for the Twins, but I went in a different direction for them. 

DODGERS HOME

spacer.png

DODGERS ROAD
spacer.png

DODGERS HOME ALT

spacer.png

DODGERS ROAD ALT

spacer.png

C&C appreciated! The Cubs will be up next. 

• Like 19

On 2/15/2021 at 12:38 PM, Blindsay said:

Well done

2 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Great sets to start with!
I think the Rangers turned out great, despite the tricky colour scheme. As for the Dodgers, you can't go wrong with the Lakers colours for their iconic branding, well done!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, alexandre said:

I am certain that if Laker colourway Dodger merch doesn't already exist, it'd make a killing.

I was at Dodgers Stadium a few years ago and a version of the gold design I posted seemed to be fairly popular.

Up today we have the Cubs!

CUBS HOME
spacer.png

CUBS ROAD
spacer.png

CUBS HOME/ROAD ALT
spacer.png

With the crosstown rival White Sox sharing a similar color palette with the Bulls and Blackhawks, I decided to put the Cubs in Bears colors. I brought back their mid-90s design for the alt and gave their home unis an off-white base to distinguish them from the White Sox.  

C&C appreciated! I'll have the Twins up tomorrow. 

• Like 12

On 2/14/2021 at 3:47 PM, coco1997 said:

Hi everyone,

For my latest project, I wanted to do address the overabundance of blue & red teams across Major League Baseball. For inspiration, I figured I'd look at the colors of other local teams to create some regional visual unity, similar to the way that all Pittsburgh teams use black and gold. Note that some teams will be using throwback colors of local teams, such as the first team below. 

We start today with the Texas Rangers in the San Antonio Spurs' fiesta colors. Thanks to @Victormrey for the suggestion!

RANGERS HOME

spacer.png

RANGERS ROAD
spacer.png

RANGERS HOME ALT 1

spacer.png

RANGERS HOME ALT 2
spacer.png

RANGERS HOME ALT 3

spacer.png

RANGERS ROAD ALT

spacer.png

C&C appreciated! Another team will be up soon.

Dallas teams should not use San Antonio colors but these look pretty good.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, John1988 said:

Loving that Dodgers/Lakers concept, the colors work perfectly for their set

Thanks!

12 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Dallas teams should not use San Antonio colors but these look pretty good.

Thanks. I have a Rangers set in Stars colors prepared that I'll post at the end of the series.

Up today we have the Minnesota Twins!

TWINS HOME
spacer.png

TWINS ROAD

spacer.png

TWINS HOME ALT

spacer.png

TWINS ROAD ALT
spacer.png

While @Jake3roo suggested I put the Twins in purple and gold, I opted instead for the forest green, scarlet and harvest gold colorway used by the Minnesota Wild. Something about these colors just screams “Minnesota” to me. The “Minnesota wheat” trim color is used as the base for the road uniform.

C&C appreciated as always! The Marlins are on deck. 

• Like 22

The Twins/Wild mashup is pretty sharp. Their current (stupid) use of gold just slides right in there.  However, I bet it would look even better without gold.

After 60 years, I would not want to see the Twins change this much, but this would work really well if they were coming in today as an expansion team.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It would be interesting if you go this route Coco:

Nationals in the 2000s Capitals & Wizards blue black gold

Red Sox in Celtics colors (green to match Fenway)

Yankees in Brooklyn Nets colors (Nets used to be owned by YankeeNets now Yankee Global Enterprises)

Angels in Ducks colors (Mighty ducks or current ducks colors)

Indians in Browns colors

Phillies in the A.I. era Sixers colors or the Eagles Colors

Braves in Hawks Colors

Cardinals in Blues colors

Loving this series so far

• Like 3

17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

When you get to the Nationals, may I suggest the Capitals old blue-black-gold scheme?

Great start to the series! Looking forward to the rest!

Thanks! I think you'll be happy with how the Nats turned out. 😉

16 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

The Twins/Wild mashup is pretty sharp. Their current (stupid) use of gold just slides right in there.  However, I bet it would look even better without gold.

After 60 years, I would not want to see the Twins change this much, but this would work really well if they were coming in today as an expansion team.

I actually like the athletic gold, as it breaks up the shades of green and red which are both fairly dark and muted and keeps the design from looking too "Christmas-y." 

15 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

It would be interesting if you go this route Coco:

Nationals in the 2000s Capitals & Wizards blue black gold

Red Sox in Celtics colors (green to match Fenway)

Yankees in Brooklyn Nets colors (Nets used to be owned by YankeeNets now Yankee Global Enterprises)

Angels in Ducks colors (Mighty ducks or current ducks colors)

Indians in Browns colors

Phillies in the A.I. era Sixers colors or the Eagles Colors

Braves in Hawks Colors

Cardinals in Blues colors

Loving this series so far

Thanks! I will say you guessed five teams correctly. I don't think I'll be doing the Yankees, because changing their colors sounds sacrilege (also, Nets colors would make them look just like the White Sox). I'm on the fence about doing the Cards x Blues (that would basically just mean swapping out navy for royal blue, correct?) but I suppose if there's enough demand I can do it. 

Next up we have the Miami Marlins!

MARLINS HOME
spacer.png

MARLINS ROAD
spacer.png

MARLINS HOME ALT 1

spacer.png

MARLINS HOME ALT 2
spacer.png

MARLINS ROAD ALT

spacer.png

I decided to go full Miami Vice for the Marlins with colors from the Heat's City Edition uniforms. I honestly think this is a look the Marlins could pull off assuming MLB could get over its "no pink in baseball" insecurities. And it's not terribly far off from their current colors--just tweak the blue a bit, replace red with pink and stop emphasizing black so damned much. 

C&C appreciated! The Indians Cleveland Baseball Club will be up next. 

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Thanks! I will say you guessed five teams correctly. I don't think I'll be doing the Yankees, because changing their colors sounds sacrilege (also, Nets colors would make them look just like the White Sox). I'm on the fence about doing the Cards x Blues (that would basically just mean swapping out navy for royal blue, correct?) but I suppose if there's enough demand I can do it. 

For the Yankees, maybe go with the Jets colors? Or even the limbo-relegated XFL New York Guardians?

• Like 1

The Cubs' home and Twins' away have to be my favorites so far. The orange and blue really work for Chicago, while forest green pinstripes on a sand jersey is out of the box but amazing. I'm not sold on the Rangers, but I understand the reasoning. If there's a team that shouldn't go away from the red and blue color scheme, I'd point at the Rangers though. I'd put my hat in the ring for a Dallas Stars version of the Rangers as there's not enough green in the league. In a similar vein of thought, I think Miami is good in the Miami Vice colors, but I would always vote for a return to the teal, black, and silver days. Lastly, I know maroon is literally blue and red combined, but I think the Yankees would look pretty good in just a solid maroon set... (though the Jets colors as @DNAsports recommended would look pretty good too!).

• Like 2