On 4/26/2021 at 1:13 PM, Coiler said:

Both look great. I love "weird" colors like the lime green.

17 hours ago, John1988 said:

Diggin' the Mariners set, that Seahawks lime green really pops nicely with that color set.

Thanks!

Up today we have the Yankees!

YANKEES HOME:

spacer.png

YANKEES ROAD:

spacer.png

YANKEES HOME ALT:

spacer.png

YANKEES ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

The Bronx Bombers use the blue and red color scheme of the New York Giants, who played at old Yankee Stadium from 1956-73. The home alt uses the fantastic Yankees script from this old dugout jacket, while the road alt is an inverted version of the home set. 

C&C appreciated as always. The Pirates x Penguins are on deck!

• Like 1

I love alternate Yankees uniforms, and the Giants scheme looks better on them than the Jets would.

(And I'll admit to a bit of trepidation about the Pirates/Penguins because all the Pittsburgh teams have a similar yellow-and-black color scheme).

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 6:06 AM, Coiler said:

I love alternate Yankees uniforms, and the Giants scheme looks better on them than the Jets would.

(And I'll admit to a bit of trepidation about the Pirates/Penguins because all the Pittsburgh teams have a similar yellow-and-black color scheme).

Thanks! Let's see if I put your trepidation to rest today!

PIRATES HOME:

spacer.png

PIRATES ROAD:

spacer.png

PIRATES HOME ALT:

spacer.png

PIRATES ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

The three major sports teams in Pittsburgh all famously share the same color scheme, but for a period in the 1960s-70s, the Pittsburgh Penguins included Columbia blue in their identity. I wanted to apply that scheme to the Pirates to see how it would work. Rather than being used as an alternate color, the blue is both a trim color and the color of the road set. This was a bit of a juggling act trying to balance three colors (not counting white) but I think I somewhat pulled it off. Thanks to @Carolingian Steamroller for suggesting using this great former alternate logo as a sleeve patch. 

C&C appreciated! The Cardinals x NFL St. Louis Cardinals are coming soon. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Coiler said:

The blue fits a nautical (ie, "pirates") team really, really well.

Agreed!

Next up we have the MLB Cardinals x NFL Cardinals!

CARDINALS HOME:

spacer.png

CARDINALS ROAD:

spacer.png

CARDINALS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

CARDINALS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

In doing research for this series, I was astounded to learn that at one point there was both an MLB and NFL team called the St. Louis Cardinals that played at Busch Memorial Stadium from 1966-87. (Side note: How was that not confusing as HELL?) With both Cards teams playing the majority of their time in the '70s-80s, I went with an era-appropriate double knit & sansabelt design with the NFL Cardinals' scarlet and black color scheme. 

C&C appreciated! A different take on the Astros in Oilers colors is up next. 

• Like 4

It's through no fault of your own, but the Cardinals x2 (unsurprisingly) isn't as inherently distinct as some of the other concepts. I will say the darker shade of red reminds me of the Phillies.

For a more out-there St. Louis color swap, you could do the Cardinals in the burnt-orange style of the short-lived ABA Spirits of St. Louis.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 9:29 AM, packerfan21396 said:

The follow-up to the Cardinals Cardinals could be the Giants Giants.  Back when the Sacramento Giants were in New York, there were 2 New York Giants, hence the New York Football Giants name distinction.

That's interesting. Not sure how I'd apply that for this series, however. Any suggestions?

On 5/2/2021 at 11:43 AM, Coiler said:

It's through no fault of your own, but the Cardinals x2 (unsurprisingly) isn't as inherently distinct as some of the other concepts. I will say the darker shade of red reminds me of the Phillies.

For a more out-there St. Louis color swap, you could do the Cardinals in the burnt-orange style of the short-lived ABA Spirits of St. Louis.

Thanks for the feedback, and I agree completely. I much prefer my first Cardinals x Blues design in red, blue and yellow. The Spirits of St. Louis suggestion is an interesting one; I might try that out at some point. 

Let's move on today with the Astros x Oilers (again)!

ASTROS HOME:

spacer.png

ASTROS ROAD:

spacer.png

ASTROS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

ASTROS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

As suggested by @Htown1141, here are the Houston Oilers color applied to a different era of Astros uniforms, specifically their 1994-99 design. I've never really cared for this look for the Astros, but I do feel the Oilers colors help give it a bit more life. 

And with that, I'm officially caught up on all the teams I had planned to design! However, I'm not ready to close the door on this thread just yet in case I get any new ideas or suggestions for other color schemes to try out. Thanks for following! 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

That's interesting. Not sure how I'd apply that for this series, however. Any suggestions?

The only real route to make something that doesn't look like the 1940's Baseball Giants would be to recolor the 50's uniforms:

Irvin%20Monte%207168.89_FL_PF.jpg?itok=Cs-l500.jpg

Maybe make the home all blue and the away all red with no outlines, and just put red double stripes on the away where the orange-black-orange is and no stripes on the home.  Maybe recolor the hat to be red on blue or white on blue

1954_NYGiants.png

Of course this is up to you though, congrats on a solid thread!

• Like 1

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

Hey @coco1997,

Great series so far. I'll admit that even as a Niners fan, the modern Seahawks-Mariners set does actually look pretty nice. Their neon green color really pops as an accent color and the piping, especially on the road jersey script. Those stirrups are great.

Other faves in the series:

• KC A's in Chiefs colors - if the Chiefs ever moved away from the arrowhead logo, I'd vote for that monogram to replace it. The all yellow set is is gorgeous.
  • The Indians in Browns colors - I've always really liked that style of the Indians uniforms from the late 40's. That color scheme works well and gives me St. Louis Browns vibes, which I have a soft spot for.
  • Astros in Houston Oilers colors - The Oilers are an other team I've had a soft spot for. That combo looks good on a baseball uniform. Definitely prefer the color palette on 90's set rather than the 2000's style.
  • Padres in Chargers powder blue & yellow looks great. I really like the simplicity of the home and road unis. Gives me UCLA vibes.
  • Tigers in Lions colors - I really like the road uni. White lettering on a road jersey is underrated. 
  • Brewers in Bucks purple and green - was never a fan of this color scheme for the actual Bucks, but that is my favorite Brewers style. Would be interesting to see that version Packers' green and gold.
  • Diamondbacks in Suns' vibrant purple & orange - Maybe it's because it reminds me of the D-backs original colors, but I really like the more vibrant version. That blend of orange, yellow and purple embodies the desert for some reason.
  • Like 2

On 5/4/2021 at 10:36 PM, packerfan21396 said:

The only real route to make something that doesn't look like the 1940's Baseball Giants would be to recolor the 50's uniforms:

Of course this is up to you though, congrats on a solid thread!

Thanks! Here are the New York Giants (MLB) x the New York Giants (NFL)!

GIANTS HOME:

spacer.png

GIANTS ROAD:

spacer.png

GIANTS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

GIANTS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

Truth be told, the Giants used colors very similar to this before they switched back to black and orange in 1947. This design is essentially the one they were using right before they moved to San Francisco in 1958 but in blue and red. 

On 5/5/2021 at 11:43 PM, BayBaseballFan said:

Hey @coco1997,

Great series so far. I'll admit that even as a Niners fan, the modern Seahawks-Mariners set does actually look pretty nice. Their neon green color really pops as an accent color and the piping, especially on the road jersey script. Those stirrups are great.

Other faves in the series:

• KC A's in Chiefs colors - if the Chiefs ever moved away from the arrowhead logo, I'd vote for that monogram to replace it. The all yellow set is is gorgeous.
  • The Indians in Browns colors - I've always really liked that style of the Indians uniforms from the late 40's. That color scheme works well and gives me St. Louis Browns vibes, which I have a soft spot for.
  • Astros in Houston Oilers colors - The Oilers are another team I've had a soft spot for. That combo looks good on a baseball uniform. Definitely prefer the color palette on 90's set rather than the 2000's style.
  • Padres in Chargers powder blue & yellow looks great. I really like the simplicity of the home and road unis. Gives me UCLA vibes.
  • Tigers in Lions colors - I really like the road uni. White lettering on a road jersey is underrated. 
  • Brewers in Bucks purple and green - was never a fan of this color scheme for the actual Bucks, but that is my favorite Brewers style. Would be interesting to see that version Packers' green and gold.
  • Diamondbacks in Suns' vibrant purple & orange - Maybe it's because it reminds me of the D-backs original colors, but I really like the more vibrant version. That blend of orange, yellow and purple embodies the desert for some reason.

Thanks for all the feedback! Really appreciated. I can definitely try the '90s Brewers in Packers colors soon. 

• Like 4

On 5/8/2021 at 8:04 PM, bcon_731 said:

Not sure if you’ve done this yet but a Racing Stripe Thread. Arizona and Tampa have wide color palette to fool around with. 

That's a cool idea! 

On 5/10/2021 at 9:45 AM, Coiler said:

I think my favorite uniforms in the set are the Nuggets/Rockies and Ducks/Angels, because of the slightly unconventional for baseball colors.

Thanks!

On 5/11/2021 at 3:06 AM, mrcubfan415 said:

Just caught up with this series. Great work! 

Also, have you considered doing minor league baseball cities that have a major league team in one of the other sports (e.g., Portland)?

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not sure re-coloring MiLB teams is a rabbit hole I'm willing to go down, but it's an interesting suggestion nonetheless. 

As requested by @BayBaseballFan, here are the '90s Brewers in Packers colors!

BREWERS HOME:

spacer.png

BREWERS ROAD:

spacer.png

BREWERS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

BREWERS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

• Like 4

This is sadly another "no fault of the artist, but the design isn't as impressive as some of the others" uniform. Compared to the novel purple on the Bucks-Brewers, the green and yellow on the Packers-Brewers makes them look too much like a somewhat different version of the A's.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 4:01 PM, coco1997 said:

That's a cool idea! 

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not sure re-coloring MiLB teams is a rabbit hole I'm willing to go down, but it's an interesting suggestion nonetheless. 

As requested by @BayBaseballFan, here are the '90s Brewers in Packers colors!

BREWERS HOME:

spacer.png

BREWERS ROAD:

spacer.png

BREWERS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

BREWERS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

This concept looks great. Green and Yellow work so well together that I bet you could do a green and yellow concept for every MLB teams and all of them would probably look great. The Wisconsin tie in is a no brainier that I'd be surprised if the Brewers never thought about making the switch

• Like 1