21 hours ago, DNAsports said:

For the Yankees, maybe go with the Jets colors? Or even the limbo-relegated XFL New York Guardians?

We'll see if I decide to do something with the Yankees. I'm warming to the idea. 

15 hours ago, Megildur said:

The Cubs' home and Twins' away have to be my favorites so far. The orange and blue really work for Chicago, while forest green pinstripes on a sand jersey is out of the box but amazing. I'm not sold on the Rangers, but I understand the reasoning. If there's a team that shouldn't go away from the red and blue color scheme, I'd point at the Rangers though. I'd put my hat in the ring for a Dallas Stars version of the Rangers as there's not enough green in the league. In a similar vein of thought, I think Miami is good in the Miami Vice colors, but I would always vote for a return to the teal, black, and silver days. Lastly, I know maroon is literally blue and red combined, but I think the Yankees would look pretty good in just a solid maroon set... (though the Jets colors as @DNAsports recommended would look pretty good too!).

Thank you! Yeah, I'm very happy with how the Cubs and Twins turned out. And I too would love to see the Marlins return to teal and black, but in lieu of that the Vice colors would be my second choice. I think you'll be happy with how the Rangers look in Stars colors. 

Never thought about the Yankees in maroon...So are you suggesting a straight swap of their dark navy for maroon?

Up today we have the Cleveland Indians!

INDIANS HOME

spacer.png

INDIANS ROAD

spacer.png

INDIANS HOME ALT

spacer.png

INDIANS ROAD ALT

spacer.png

The Indians get the Cavaliers treatment of wine, navy and gold. Who knows if the Cleveland Baseball Club will change its colors when they rebrand, but if they do maybe they can go this route. I really like how the athletic gold pops against the muted wine and navy.

C&C appreciated! I'm going to keep the next team a surprise so watch this space. 😉

• Like 12

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Thank you! Yeah, I'm very happy with how the Cubs and Twins turned out. And I too would love to see the Marlins return to teal and black, but in lieu of that the Vice colors would be my second choice. I think you'll be happy with how the Rangers look in Stars colors. 

Never thought about the Yankees in maroon...So are you suggesting a straight swap of their dark navy for maroon?

I love Cleveland's colors, they look great! As for the Yankees, yeah, I propose just straight up replacing the navy with maroon, so maroon pinstripes and a maroon logo, etc. It'd be similar to the Phillies of the 70's and 80's, but I absolutely think there should be a maroon MLB team.

• Like 2

Wonderful job! I think both Indians, Marlins and Twins sets look like a "natural transition" for the teams, with the colours really fitting them. I also like the use of the Bears' scheme for the Cubs, not only for the combination itself, but also because of the name similarity 😉

Keep it up!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Megildur said:

I love Cleveland's colors, they look great! As for the Yankees, yeah, I propose just straight up replacing the navy with maroon, so maroon pinstripes and a maroon logo, etc. It'd be similar to the Phillies of the 70's and 80's, but I absolutely think there should be a maroon MLB team.

Thanks! I'll try out the Yankees in maroon once I finish the other teams on my list.

3 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Wonderful job! I think both Indians, Marlins and Twins sets look like a "natural transition" for the teams, with the colours really fitting them. I also like the use of the Bears' scheme for the Cubs, not only for the combination itself, but also because of the name similarity 😉

Keep it up!

Thanks, man!

2 hours ago, NormMacdonald said:

I can see my grandpa wearing a hat like that while hunting. I absolutely love the outdoorsy feel of this Twins concept. Keep up the great work

As someone whose own grandpa also was a hunter, I agree 100% and take that as a compliment :D. Thanks for following!

Today's team is the Arizona Diamondbacks!

DIAMONDBACKS HOME

spacer.png

DIAMONDBACKS ROAD
spacer.png

DIAMONDBACKS HOME ALT
spacer.png

DIAMONDBACKS ROAD ALT
spacer.png

Ok, so this one doesn't exactly follow the premise of the series. The Diamondbacks have never worn blue and red, but they do wear black and red, and in my opinion ever since they strayed from their classic purple and turquoise they've lost their way. I looked to the '90s Phoenix Suns and brought back the purple, replacing turquoise and copper with the Suns' vibrant yellow and orange. I also ditched the black, as I always felt it was totally unnecessary and muddied up that identity. This design uses Arizona's early scripts and pinstripes but keeps their modern numbers. I think it's a great look, though in my re-colored universe the NL West would end up being a very, very purple heavy division! 

C&C appreciated! The Braves are up next. 

• Like 15

This has been a fun series to watch so far! You've done an excellent job converting these MLB color schemes to more unique color schemes, and I really like Texas and Miami.

Arizona is really close to being a home run, but the color scheme currently has a somewhat harsh contrast, in my opinion. I know you based the shade of purple on the 90s Suns and/or early Dbacks, but I think the contrast would look much better if you used the darker purple of the current Suns look.

Other than that, the Dbacks look great! I look forward to seeing how the rest of this series goes~

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGiantsFan said:

Arizona is really close to being a home run, but the color scheme currently has a somewhat harsh contrast, in my opinion. I know you based the shade of purple on the 90s Suns and/or early Dbacks, but I think the contrast would look much better if you used the darker purple of the current Suns look.

Other than that, the Dbacks look great! I look forward to seeing how the rest of this series goes~

Thanks for the feedback! I think you make a good point. Here's the entire Arizona set using the Suns' darker shade of purple. Let me know what you think!

DIAMONDBACKS HOME
spacer.png

DIAMONDBACKS ROAD

spacer.png

DIAMONDBACKS HOME ALT

spacer.png

DIAMONDBACKS ROAD ALT

spacer.png

• Like 11

On 2/20/2021 at 4:57 PM, TheGiantsFan said:

The Dbacks look much better, and it's much easier on the eyes now! Also, that orange Dbacks jersey is an absolute beauty; well done! :)

Thanks!

On 2/20/2021 at 4:41 PM, jaytavo305 said:

Lighten that up a hare and its perfect

Yeah, I tend to agree. I think the best option would be somewhere between the original brighter purple and this darker one. I'll keep tinkering. 

I'm back today with the Atlanta Braves!

BRAVES HOME
spacer.png

BRAVES ROAD

spacer.png

BRAVES HOME ALT 1

spacer.png

BRAVES HOME ALT 2

spacer.png

BRAVES ROAD ALT

spacer.png

The most popular fix for the Braves seems to be swapping navy for black, which is fine because 1) it's a good look, and 2) it creates some visual unity with the local Falcons and Hawks. However, I wanted to make things more interesting and add a third color, so I decided on volt green from the Hawks' 2015-20 set. I had originally tried these colors on the Braves' current uniforms, but it got too busy looking with all the triple piping so I brought back their iconic '70s look. 

C&C appreciated! The Phillies will be up next. 

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Lovin’ this Braves set!!! Great series!

Thanks, bud!

15 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Looks great!

For the Phillies, I see two options-

Eagles

You guessed it!

Today we have the Philadelphia Phillies!

PHILLIES HOME
spacer.png

PHILLIES ROAD
spacer.png

PHILLIES HOME ALT
spacer.png

PHILLIES ROAD ALT

spacer.png

Since neither the Flyers' nor Sixers' colors would really work for the Phillies (the Sixers being because they're nearly the same as the Phillies' actual colors anyway) I decided to put them in the Eagles' classic Randall Cunningham-era colors of Kelly green, black and silver. The Phillies actually wore green briefly for the 1910 season, so it's not that huge of a stretch. Big thanks to @Carolingian Steamroller for the idea and for helping with this set. 

C&C appreciated as always! The Rays are on deck. 

• Like 14

On 2/23/2021 at 5:06 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

Diamondbacks one with the darker purple looks freaking beautiful

Thanks!

Today's team is the Tampa Bay Rays!

RAYS HOME

spacer.png

RAYS ROAD
spacer.png

RAYS HOME ALT
spacer.png

RAYS ROAD ALT

spacer.png

This one actually adds another red team to the league, but I have my justification for it. The Rays have one of the blandest sets in all of MLB, and there’s no reason they should look like a dollar store version of the Yankees. I thought it would be fun to try them in the classic colors of another Tampa team, the reigning Super Bowl champion Buccaneers. I brought back the Rays’ early 2000s scripts and logos because, colors aside, they're my favorite the Rays have ever had. Let me know what you think!

C&C appreciated! I hope to have the Angels up tomorrow. 

• Like 11
  • Hurl 1

20 hours ago, alexandre said:

The green and gray Devil Rays are one of the all-time most underrated sets IMO. That colour scheme works shockingly well!

Thanks! I agree about the green Devil Rays. It's a shame that set is synonymous with some really bad baseball because it had the foundations of a solid look. 

We move on today to the Los Angeles Angels!

ANGELS HOME
spacer.png

ANGELS ROAD
spacer.png

ANGELS HOME ALT
spacer.png

ANGELS ROAD ALT

spacer.png

This one is a mashup of a few different ideas. From the outset I wanted to try the Angels in Mighty Ducks colors, but I wasn't sure which Angels look to apply that scheme to. The current one has outstayed its welcome, IMO, so I decided to revive their early '70s look with some tweaks. I also chose yellow over silver as the secondary color for a much needed pop of warm color. Thanks to @Carolingian Steamroller for helping with the drop shadowed scripts and numbers.

C&C appreciated as always. The Nationals will be up next!

• Like 12
  • Dislike 1

On 2/17/2021 at 3:39 PM, DNAsports said:

When you get to the Nationals, may I suggest the Capitals old blue-black-gold scheme?

Great start to the series! Looking forward to the rest!

13 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Would it be an previous colour scheme the Wizards used to have in?

You're both right!

As promised, today we have the Washington Nationals!

NATIONALS HOME

spacer.png

NATIONALS ROAD

spacer.png

NATIONALS HOME ALT

spacer.png

NATIONALS HOME ALT 2

spacer.png

NATIONALS ROAD ALT

spacer.png

The '90s Capitals' and '90s Wizards' colors schemes are nearly identical--both using the colors of the U.S. Presidential seal--but I opted for the Capitals' brighter shade of copper. Of course, I'm not the first person on this forum to try the Nationals in Wizards/Capitals colors. I actually think the Nats pull off the traditional RWB really well, but this is an interesting look nonetheless. 

C&C appreciated! A surprise team is up next. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Decided to go back and make some tweaks to the Nats. The primary home now uses the "W" crest rather than the "Nationals" script, I lightened the road gray and flipped the colors on the second home alt and the piping/trim is changed across the board. 

NATIONALS HOME

spacer.png

NATIONALS ROAD

spacer.png

NATIONALS HOME ALT

spacer.png

NATIONALS HOME ALT 2

spacer.png

NATIONALS ROAD ALT

spacer.png

Let me know if you think this is an improvement or not!

• Like 6