On 3/4/2021 at 8:15 PM, johne9109 said:

I really like the Sox using green. It less Celtic green and more Green Monster. They should use that road alt in real life

Thanks!

On 3/5/2021 at 8:57 AM, ahowe6464 said:

Hmm... possibly on the number outlines like you have on the alternates? Though I suppose green+red right on top of each other could get messy. 

The green and red touching is exactly what I was trying to avoid with my design, so I'll probably keep it as-is. 

On 3/5/2021 at 7:32 AM, jaytavo305 said:

I think I would unify the number colors on the front and back for the mariners, might clean it up a little. The last few have been awesome otherwise, although I'm still pushing for the rockies in the old colorado rockies/current nuggets colors 🤣!

Thanks! I'll work on tweaking the Mariners. And once I get through the last couple teams, I might go back and try the Rockies in Nuggets colors.

Up today we have the St. Louis Cardinals!

CARDINALS HOME

spacer.png

CARDINALS ROAD

spacer.png

CARDINALS HOME ALT

spacer.png

CARDINALS ROAD ALT

spacer.png

I wasn't originally going to touch St. Louis, but @TrueYankee26's suggestion to put the Cardinals in the colors of the St. Louis Blues--specifically their mid-90s look, because you can't have a team called the "Cardinals" without at least some red--earlier in this thread changed my mind. I like the idea of emphasizing yellow a bit more for the Cards and using a non-navy shade of blue. I decided to give the Cards contrasting front numbers and two alternates, a red one which would be worn at home and a blue one that could be worn both at home and away. And with the Cubs sporting navy and orange in my recolored league, there'd be no visual overlap between the two heated rivals. 

C&C appreciated. The next and final team is a surprise, and then I'll post the Rangers in Stars colors and Yankees in maroon as @Megildur requested. 

• Like 10

Loving that Cardinals set! Is amazing what a an extra colour does to a team identity. I think the royal blue looks great along red and yellow.

And as a fan, I totally dig the Mariners look! The retro logos/wordmarks with the Kraken's scheme is a winner combo.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2021 at 1:54 PM, Victormrey said:

Loving that Cardinals set! Is amazing what a an extra colour does to a team identity. I think the royal blue looks great along red and yellow.

And as a fan, I totally dig the Mariners look! The retro logos/wordmarks with the Kraken's scheme is a winner combo.

21 hours ago, johne9109 said:

That horrible St. louis Blues color scheme really works for the Cardinals

Thanks!

We've reached the final team in the series, the Houston Astros!

ASTROS HOME
spacer.png

ASTROS ROAD
spacer.png

ASTROS HOME/ROAD ALT
spacer.png

Despite not being much of a football fan, I’ve always loved the Houston Oilers’ uniforms, and for some reason their logo left a huge impression on me as a kid and helped spark my interest in sports design. Because in my re-colored universe both the Cubs and Tigers wear navy and orange, I decided the Astros would require a very different color scheme. Also, I figure one of the Texas teams should sport red, white and blue, so Houston it is. Therefore, in my recolored league, the Rangers look like the Spurs and the Astros look like the Rangers.

C&C appreciated! I'll post the Rangers in Dallas Stars colors next. 

• Like 12

No feedback on Houston, so here are the Rangers in Dallas Stars colors:

RANGERS HOME:

spacer.png

RANGERS ROAD:

spacer.png

RANGERS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

RANGERS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

Despite personally preferring the Spurs' fiesta colors for the Rangers, I understand the arguments made by @_DietDrPepper_, @Megildur and @the admiral for not putting a team that plays in Arlington in the colors of a San Antonio-based team. I tried to balance green, gold and black in such a way that the team wouldn't look too much like the division rival Athletics, which was the cause for my reluctance to try the Rangers in Stars colors to begin with. Let me know if this works better for them. 

• Like 7

I love the Dallas Stars x Texas Rangers look. I think the involvement of black and the more metallic shade of gold than the Athletics distinguishes the Texas from Oakland enough.  The cream home set helps with that as well. I do think perhaps scrapping the green alt for a gold alt and potentially replacing the script "Rangers" with the old western block could remove any further Athletics-esque comparisons, but as is, I like how they look.

Also, the tweaked Astros and Cardinals look great too. While I like the color scheme for Houston, I would say that it doesn't fit my idea of who the Astros are though. I'll always see them in brick red and black, with the tequila sunrise, or sporting the rather drab navy and orange that they do nowadays. That's no fault of your own though, just a personal preference. The balance of red, yellow, and blue for St. Louis is particularly amazing though and while traditionalists would hate it, I would love to see more use of the yellow and royal blue by the real-life Cardinals.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Megildur said:

I love the Dallas Stars x Texas Rangers look. I think the involvement of black and the more metallic shade of gold than the Athletics distinguishes the Texas from Oakland enough.  The cream home set helps with that as well. I do think perhaps scrapping the green alt for a gold alt and potentially replacing the script "Rangers" with the old western block could remove any further Athletics-esque comparisons, but as is, I like how they look.

Thanks for the feedback! Here is the Rangers home set with the arched "RANGERS" script and a new gold home alt: 

RANGERS HOME:

spacer.png

RANGERS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

17 hours ago, the admiral said:

I like where you're going. What if you considered an olive green? No one wears olive other than the North Bay Battalion of the OHL.

Hey, that's not a bad idea! I worked up a few options for the Rangers with olive in place of the Stars' green:

RANGERS HOME:

spacer.png

RANGERS ROAD
spacer.png

RANGERS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

RANGERS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

...and here are the home and home alt with the arched "RANGERS" script:

RANGERS HOME:

spacer.png

RANGERS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

I like these looks for the Rangers. Let me know what you think!

• Like 6

On 3/8/2021 at 1:36 PM, coco1997 said:

Thanks!

We've reached the final team in the series, the Houston Astros!

ASTROS HOME
spacer.png

ASTROS ROAD
spacer.png

ASTROS HOME/ROAD ALT
spacer.png

Despite not being much of a football fan, I’ve always loved the Houston Oilers’ uniforms, and for some reason their logo left a huge impression on me as a kid and helped spark my interest in sports design. Because in my re-colored universe both the Cubs and Tigers wear navy and orange, I decided the Astros would require a very different color scheme. Also, I figure one of the Texas teams should sport red, white and blue, so Houston it is. Therefore, in my recolored league, the Rangers look like the Spurs and the Astros look like the Rangers.

C&C appreciated! I'll post the Rangers in Dallas Stars colors next. 

Incoming triggered Nashvillians 😂 anyway. For the franchises you haven't done yet. Maybe look to the Overwatch Leauge for options. Especially with toronto and the dodgers (with the valliant)

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 10:03 AM, coco1997 said:

Thanks for the feedback! Here is the Rangers home set with the arched "RANGERS" script and a new gold home alt: 

RANGERS HOME:

spacer.png

RANGERS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

Hey, that's not a bad idea! I worked up a few options for the Rangers with olive in place of the Stars' green:

RANGERS HOME:

spacer.png

RANGERS ROAD
spacer.png

RANGERS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

RANGERS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

...and here are the home and home alt with the arched "RANGERS" script:

RANGERS HOME:

spacer.png

RANGERS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

I like these looks for the Rangers. Let me know what you think!

I'm not critiquing, I'm just going to say as Rangers fan and a Texan in general... that just doesn't look right without the Red White and Blue. 

• Like 1

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

On 3/15/2021 at 4:17 AM, Silence of the Rams said:

Incoming triggered Nashvillians 😂 anyway. For the franchises you haven't done yet. Maybe look to the Overwatch Leauge for options. Especially with toronto and the dodgers (with the valliant)

Thanks! I actually won't be doing any more teams other than maybe tweaking some previously posted clubs. The Dodgers are on the first page of this thread. 

13 hours ago, 29texan said:

I'm not critiquing, I'm just going to say as Rangers fan and a Texan in general... that just doesn't look right without the Red White and Blue. 

I agree. The Rangers look great in blue and red, but I do like the idea of a team wearing olive green. Maybe not Texas, but some team. 

As @Megildur suggested, here are the Yankees in maroon:

YANKEES HOME:

spacer.png

YANKEES ROAD:

spacer.png

YANKEES HOME/ROAD ALT:
spacer.png

Not something I'd ever want to see on the field, but it's an interesting experiment nonetheless. The shade of maroon is a blend of the Yankees' navy and the red from their primary logo. 

C&C welcome! The Rockes in Nuggets colors are next. 

• Like 4

On 3/16/2021 at 1:35 PM, Blindsay said:

What about Yankees in Knicks Colors?

I think that would make them look far too much like the Mets.

Skipping ahead for a bit, I decided to try the Dodgers in Chargers colors:

DODGERS HOME:

spacer.png

DODGERS ROAD:
spacer.png

DODGERS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

DODGERS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

I'm surprised by how much I like this look, which reminds me a lot of the UCLA Bruins baseball team. The road alt uses the T-bar design from the team's 1944 Brooklyn throwbacks. I considered incorporating navy from the Chargers' Color Rush unis, but I figured that would muddy up the look too much. Let me know what you think! 

I have another idea for the Angels, which I'll post soon. 

• Like 10

As requested by @jaytavo305, here are the Rockies in Denver Nuggets colors:

ROCKIES HOME:

spacer.png

ROCKIES ROAD:

spacer.png

ROCKIES HOME ALT:

spacer.png

ROCKIES ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

This one is a pretty straightforward swap of navy for black, red for purple and gold for silver. I decided to give the road set pinstripes this time around, as the non-pinstriped version was too generic looking. Though I probably prefer my original design in Avalanche colors, this is a nice look, too. I like the allusion to the Colorado flag

My new Angels set will be up next!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

As requested by @jaytavo305, here are the Rockies in Denver Nuggets colors:

ROCKIES HOME:

spacer.png

ROCKIES ROAD:

spacer.png

ROCKIES HOME ALT:

spacer.png

ROCKIES ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

This one is a pretty straightforward swap of navy for black, red for purple and gold for silver. I decided to give the road set pinstripes this time around, as the non-pinstriped version was too generic looking. Though I probably prefer my original design in Avalanche colors, this is a nice look, too. I like the allusion to the Colorado flag

My new Angels set will be up next!

Nice, I like that colorado flag look that you mentioned. Cool swap, thanks for doing it

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 4:59 PM, jaytavo305 said:

Nice, I like that colorado flag look that you mentioned. Cool swap, thanks for doing it

No problem!

After a short delay, here are the Angels in Lakers colors!

ANGELS HOME

spacer.png

ANGELS ROAD:

spacer.png

ANGELS HOME ALT:
spacer.png

ANGELS HOME/ROAD ALT:
spacer.png

Between the Dodgers and Angels, it's much more likely that the Angels would ever change their colors (again) than the reigning World Series champs. I used the same basic design from my first stab at the Angels but added a white front paneled cap and ditched the drop shadows from my Mighty Ducks-colored version, since I'm only balancing two colors here rather than three. C&C appreciated, as always. 

I've come up with a way to continue this series, but I'm going to keep the next "phase" a secret for now. Watch this space! 

• Like 3