A Floridian Outdoor Game

raysox

7 hours ago, Blindsay said:

Such a good idea, but it’s like 79° RIGHT NOW. This cannot happen outdoors.

25 minutes ago, johne9109 said:

It would have to be way more north and at night if they were ever gonna do an outdoor game in Florida. I wanna see it happen, but Lake Okeechobee ain't the place. Great design though. The colors and the imagery all scream Florida

sometimes I do logo designs to entertain myself even if they don’t make logistical sense

(thanks for the last comment though, I do really like those colors together)

21 hours ago, Blindsay said:

Such a good idea, but it’s like 79° RIGHT NOW. This cannot happen outdoors.

If it can happen in Dallas, it can happen in Florida. 

2020 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® | Dallas, Texas | Dallas Stars

As long as you have the right equipment under and over the ice. you can do it. 

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/how-do-you-hold-an-outdoor-nhl-game-when-its-warm-and-rainy-11829424

21 hours ago, raysox said:

Just had some fun after the Lake Tahoe game got postponed. You haven't seen ice melting until you saw it on the outskirts of the Everglades.

EutF4t5XAAUqREU?format=jpg&name=large

Or on a hill in San Antonio! I love this idea. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Totally agree. An outdoor game in Florida is not only possible, but inevitable in my opinion, especially if you have the game at night like it should be. The biggest problems I see with it are finding a venue with the right capacity and location. You'd be better off having a game between the Florida teams at a neutral site like Orlando or Daytona to maximize attendance, which doesn't leave too many options. UCF's football field works, and the Daytona Speedway works. The baseball field at Disney World could possibly work, but they'd need to expand seating, and not have a problem with the fact that they aren't hosting the team that's named after a hugely successful movie franchise.

On 2/26/2021 at 6:49 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Coyotes in Flagstaff AZ

Kraken at CLink 

Sharks at Dignity Health Sports Park

Anaheim right in the middle of Disneyland

Carolina in Bank of America Stadium

Vegas at Allegiant

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

2 hours ago, Blindsay said:

Anaheim right in the middle of Magic Kingdom

Vegas at Allegiant

DUDE I would go to a Carolina outdoor game if they did it at BOA. That's like 30 minutes from me. Carolina vs Boston and Carolina wear Whalers!

ZUH86xc.png

On 2/24/2021 at 11:24 AM, Midwest_surfer said:

Totally agree. An outdoor game in Florida is not only possible, but inevitable in my opinion, especially if you have the game at night like it should be. The biggest problems I see with it are finding a venue with the right capacity and location. You'd be better off having a game between the Florida teams at a neutral site like Orlando or Daytona to maximize attendance, which doesn't leave too many options. UCF's football field works, and the Daytona Speedway works. The baseball field at Disney World could possibly work, but they'd need to expand seating, and not have a problem with the fact that they aren't hosting the team that's named after a hugely successful movie franchise.

If ESPN gets in on NHL broadcast rights, I think your Disney idea could be a real possibility with ESPN/ABC being under the Disney umbrella, although looking at photos and at the capacity number (7,500), you're right that the number of seats is an issue; ideally you'd want an outdoor game to have bigger capacity than the indoor rinks! A quick Google search brought up Camping World Stadium as the biggest in Orlando (hosts the Citrus Bowl), so as long as it's a Stadium Series and not a Winter Classic, that would probably be the most realistic location. Heck, do a two-game series at the neutral site with each team getting a home game!

22 hours ago, Blindsay said:

Anaheim right in the middle of Disneyland Park

Vegas at Allegiant

Sorry, but you forgot to remember where Magic Kingdom located in Florida (Disney World)?

the original park at Anaheim's resort is called "Disneyland Park" simply.

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

Just now, Eastport76 said:

Sorry, but you forgot to remember  Magic Kingdom located in Florida (Disney World)?

the original park at Anaheim's resort is simply called "Disneyland Park"

Oh right sorry

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

On 2/22/2021 at 10:38 AM, MJWalker45 said:

If it can happen in Dallas, it can happen in Florida. 

2020 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® | Dallas, Texas | Dallas Stars

As long as you have the right equipment under and over the ice. you can do it. 

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/how-do-you-hold-an-outdoor-nhl-game-when-its-warm-and-rainy-11829424

Or on a hill in San Antonio! I love this idea. 

On 2/21/2021 at 12:42 PM, raysox said:

Just had some fun after the Lake Tahoe game got postponed. You haven't seen ice melting until you saw it on the outskirts of the Everglades.

EutF4t5XAAUqREU?format=jpg&name=large

Could see the game being postponed due to alligators on the ice. Solid design tho 

1 hour ago, WLD42 said:

If ESPN gets in on NHL broadcast rights, I think your Disney idea could be a real possibility with ESPN/ABC being under the Disney umbrella, although looking at photos and at the capacity number (7,500), you're right that the number of seats is an issue; ideally you'd want an outdoor game to have bigger capacity than the indoor rinks! A quick Google search brought up Camping World Stadium as the biggest in Orlando (hosts the Citrus Bowl), so as long as it's a Stadium Series and not a Winter Classic, that would probably be the most realistic location. Heck, do a two-game series at the neutral site with each team getting a home game!

I don't see a problem with a Florida Winter Classic. I did jersey concepts for one a while back. I think the Citrus Bowl would be too big though, you want the stadium to fill up and I think they might have a problem doing that. Winter Classics in baseball stadiums have better sight lines than football stadiums, but there's nothing close to Orlando that fits the bill, you'd need something 20,000+ probably.

11 hours ago, Midwest_surfer said:

I don't see a problem with a Florida Winter Classic.

Me neither, I'd love to see it! I only said that in regards to Camping World Stadium because of the early January Citrus Bowl scheduling conflict. At another stadium it could absolutely work. Orlando SC's stadium seats 25,500, but it's soccer-specific, and looking at photos, sightlines could be not-great for hockey because the seats don't go very far up.

Just checked out your Winter Classic concept from last year, and I remember seeing it before! Love where you ended up with the Panthers jerseys, like most of the other people in that thread. And it looks like we're just rehashing the same stadium conversation that was already had in your thread... Whoops!

• 3 weeks later...

It is purely genius! But seriously having a solid ice rink in Florida, especially if it is in Miami or Tampa Bay, they gotta be finding a way to get ice from melting. Maybe if there is actually Iceman around, he probably would keep it cold all day long, haha

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Archived