BigRed's AFL (24/24 Western Aus. expansion added, series complete!)

BigRed618

On 3/17/2021 at 2:04 AM, vtgco said:

I think the Port Adelaide logo has been your biggest miss. Not feeling the square, and the bird/lightning bolt thing really doesn't make sense to me. If you wanna stick with that idea, I'd work on making a full magpie in flight logo you like (maybe top view?) and find the lightning bolts afterward (maybe the white back plumage?). I think your uniforms are nice, though.

The bird/lightning bolt combo is because for more than 100 years, Port was the Magpies, but they had to change their name upon ascending to the AFL, so they selected the Power.

It makes perfect sense as Port have been trying lately to bring back the historic and de-emphasise the teal that they were also forced to add. I think the bird/bolt combo is a good next step.

A full magpie would be a no-go because Collingwood would completely drop their bundle if that was added to the Port crest

14 hours ago, BigRed75 said:

The bird/lightning bolt combo is because for more than 100 years, Port was the Magpies, but they had to change their name upon ascending to the AFL, so they selected the Power.

It makes perfect sense as Port have been trying lately to bring back the historic and de-emphasise the teal that they were also forced to add. I think the bird/bolt combo is a good next step.

A full magpie would be a no-go because Collingwood would completely drop their bundle if that was added to the Port crest

Ah, well, I guess the rationale behind it is solid, and you make a good point that a full magpie wouldn't be ideal in the league context... But the concept's magpie profile/bolt design didn't mesh nicely as-is, IMO, so I just wonder if there's another way to make the idea work.

Anyways, a strong ending to round out the expansion teams!

Salisbury looks great! The crocodile logo is both classy and adorable, and the salmon-red color scheme on the clash works well.

Quokkas also have a solid logo and primary look, though I'd really desaturate the pastels on the clash jersey; they're a tad garish.

Though I'm not too familiar with the league, I think you did a really nice job!