Convince Me This Isn't the Worst NHL Jersey of All Time.

11 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

That’s just a concept... 

That’s never been an NHL jersey. 

That would have gone a long way towards making the Buffaslug passable if that was real.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit of an unpopular opinion here, but I always hated these Senators jerseys:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fsensgameused.weebly.com%2Fuploads%2F6%2F9%2F7%2F0%2F6970645%2Feditor%2Fhossajersey2-9.png%3F1603223986&f=1&nofb=1

There's absolutely no reason for the striping to be like that.

What makes the jersey worse to me is that while it was in use, they had two other jerseys that would've worked so much better as full-time home jerseys.

7270269_orig.jpg  d3e6279b90ab4dda104f55e55aa61f82.jpg

There was no need to replace the original home jersey, but the other black alternate was miles better than that red mess they used.

On 3/21/2021 at 7:15 PM, DTConcepts said:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fsensgameused.weebly.com%2Fuploads%2F6%2F9%2F7%2F0%2F6970645%2Feditor%2Fhossajersey2-9.png%3F1603223986&f=1&nofb=1

What makes the jersey worse to me is that while it was in use, they had two other jerseys that would've worked so much better as full-time home jerseys.

7270269_orig.jpg  d3e6279b90ab4dda104f55e55aa61f82.jpg

There was no need to replace the original home jersey, but the other black alternate was miles better than that red mess they used.

I'm gonna disagree with you there, the 1997-2007 Red is one of the best uniforms in Sens history. Maybe call it nostalgia but damn do I think it's sharp. The 2000-2007 Alt is a bit clunky to me. But that's just me, and the 1993-1995 away is the worst uniform in Sens history. It is bland and the switch from red on white to white on red makes the red outline disappear in the red bands. At least they fix that on the new Home uniform with the 3 colour white red black to add contrast. 

1997-98 Daniel Alfredsson Ottawa Senators Game Worn Jersey - Photo Match:  GAMEWORNAUCTIONS.NET

This is what I wanted to see in the rebrand. 

zyyMk1d.png

On 3/21/2021 at 7:15 PM, DTConcepts said:

This was a great alternate, but shouldn't have become the full time road. I loved this jersey when it debuted, but it didn't age well in the 2000s. 

The striping probably is supposed to invoke a toga look maybe? That's the best I can think, though the Kings BK alt probably did a better job. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Tossing yet another one of my hats in the ring with what I think is the worst Islanders uniform of all time.?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn2.vox-cdn.com%2Fthumbor%2F5rptHURDKrTNVdKiiPzXejW1wjM%3D%2Fcdn0.vox-cdn.com%2Fuploads%2Fchorus_asset%2Ffile%2F3988886%2FGettyImages-2918437.0.0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1.

The orange base was a solid start, but why put in angular armpit striping? In what world does that make sense on a hockey uniform, let alone in the identity of the Islanders? Why would you keep the blue socks? Were orange socks just a little too expensive for the cash-strapped Islanders? The navy numbers feel out of place, too. I don't think white would've looked much better, but something about them feels off.

Also, why are the neckties so goddamn long?

The 2011 and 2015 alternates are both horrendous, don't get me wrong, but at least they were coherent uniforms. They didn't have socks that mismatched the jersey, and they at least had striping that made sense on a hockey uniform. These jerseys can't say the same.

All that being said, I do own one of the pumpkin jerseys, and it's one of my favorite articles of clothing I own.

1 hour ago, DTConcepts said:

The 2011 and 2015 alternates are both horrendous, don't get me wrong, but at least they were coherent uniforms.

You cannot possibly think that those BFBS pieces of :censored: were better than the orange alt.

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

They never wore them. But they came close. Had the team decided to greenlight these, they'd be number one:

st-louis-blues-trumpet-jersey.jpg

Putting the kibosh on these was one of the few good things Mike Keenan has ever done. That being said, :censored: Mike Keenan.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived