2021 F1 Liveries

CreamSoda

With the 2021 season a few weeks away, teams have started to unveil their new cars.  So far McLaren, Red Bull, Alpha Tauri, and Alfa Romeo have been released.  Mercedes, Alpine (new in 2021, was Renault), Aston Martin (new in 2021, was Racing Point), Haas, and Wiliams will unveil their new designs this week.  Ferrari is last and will be shown next week.  

McLaren:

skysports-mclaren-f1-2021-car_5273890.jpg

Red Bull:

1ef6f7ce8bef8bb30260da610e01f2d2.jpg

Alpha Tauri:

alphatauri-at02-1.jpg

Alfa Romeo:

b089c4d48ed2953a030391045f1d7045.jpg

Mercedes:

mercedes-amg-f1-w12-1.jpg

Alpine:

Alpine-F1-2021-car.jpg

Aston Martin:

aston-martin-amr21-detail-1.jpg

Haas:

LIVERY_UNVEIL_PR_3-263.jpg?itok=LY0MjiPO

Williams:

skysports-williams-f1-2021_5294086.jpg?20210305142937

Ferrari:

2021-ferrari-sf21-formula-one-race-car_100784317_h.jpg

So far my favorite has been the the Alfa Romeo, but I am really looking forward to the two new teams, Aston Martin and Alpine.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see on the Aston Martin site that BWT is still listed as a "partner" aka sponsor so I can see pink being shoehorned in somewhere. Cognizant is Aston Martin's Title Sponsor so I expect their logo to be predominantly featured. At least its a non-color dependant wordmark so it shouldn't interfere with the Aston Martin green

1 hour ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I see on the Aston Martin site that BWT is still listed as a "partner" aka sponsor so I can see pink being shoehorned in somewhere. Cognizant is Aston Martin's Title Sponsor so I expect their logo to be predominantly featured. At least its a non-color dependant wordmark so it shouldn't interfere with the Aston Martin green

Yeah that BWT sponsorship was all over the place.  Until recently it wasn't looking like BWT would be back.  Hopefully the new livery either doesn't incorporate pink or they planned the livery with BWT in mind.  I just don't want them to slap on BWT and bright pink to a car that wasn't supposed to have it and possibly ruin a solid design.

2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Yeah that BWT sponsorship was all over the place.  Until recently it wasn't looking like BWT would be back.  Hopefully the new livery either doesn't incorporate pink or they planned the livery with BWT in mind.  I just don't want them to slap on BWT and bright pink to a car that wasn't supposed to have it and possibly ruin a solid design.

I honestly loved the pink, but if there's any pink on the Aston Martin livery that'd be a real shame. Curious to see if they go with a very classy look or add some design element to it. Also interested in seeing Mercedes tomorrow and whether they continue with the black theme (which honestly was much better than I'd expected) or back towards the Silver Arrows look. I'd love to see a black chassis with more of the teal and silver elements to create a sort of bridge between the two.

36 minutes ago, Bonnaroo42 said:

I honestly loved the pink, but if there's any pink on the Aston Martin livery that'd be a real shame. Curious to see if they go with a very classy look or add some design element to it. Also interested in seeing Mercedes tomorrow and whether they continue with the black theme (which honestly was much better than I'd expected) or back towards the Silver Arrows look. I'd love to see a black chassis with more of the teal and silver elements to create a sort of bridge between the two.

I’m pretty sure Mercedes is sticking with the black livery!

Maybe more red with the InEOS deal 

Underwhelmed by the new Mercedes livery.  Was really hoping they would go back to a predominantly silver car with white racing suits this season.

Alpine looks fantastic.  Might be the best looking car on the grid although it's a shame we lose Renault's yellow for yet another blue car.

IUe6Hvh.png

Echoing the above thoughts on Alpine. Will miss Renault, but I'll be damned if that ain't a good looking car.

As for Mercedes, it's not awful. I'm happy with the black livery, but my only gripes would be swap the red with their green or silver, and go for a design element similar to last year's with the minimalist version of the Mercedes logo or something else abstract. The repeating AMG is a little too much. All in all, happy with today's releases though.

53 minutes ago, Bonnaroo42 said:

Echoing the above thoughts on Alpine. Will miss Renault, but I'll be damned if that ain't a good looking car.

As for Mercedes, it's not awful. I'm happy with the black livery, but my only gripes would be swap the red with their green or silver, and go for a design element similar to last year's with the minimalist version of the Mercedes logo or something else abstract. The repeating AMG is a little too much. All in all, happy with today's releases though.

It definitely does not work as well as the repeating stars.  I'd also like to see them replace the red with their teal but that's a sponsorship thing.  The red last year was darker and didn't stand out as much.

I thought the move to black was pretty cool last season, but I still prefer the feel of the initial 2020 livery over the direction they're going in now.

image.jpg

18 hours ago, Bonnaroo42 said:

I honestly loved the pink, but if there's any pink on the Aston Martin livery that'd be a real shame.

They could probably relegate pink to the back of the rear wing and it wouldn't really affect the look of the car.  Huski Chocolate's red clashes with McLaren's orange and blue but it's fine on the rear wing.

IUe6Hvh.png

On 3/1/2021 at 5:50 PM, Bonnaroo42 said:

I honestly loved the pink, but if there's any pink on the Aston Martin livery that'd be a real shame. 

I rescind my previous statements... it's so goodspacer.pngspacer.png

I'm guessing the pink details were supposed to be the lime greenish yellow Aston Martin's other racing teams use until it was decided that BWT was staying on as a partner last week since all of the Aston Martin merch I've seen uses the two greens and no pink.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived