2021 F1 Liveries

CreamSoda

31 minutes ago, Sport said:

studio1.jpg

I think that looks pretty hot, especially replacing the pink cars that I never liked that much. BUT it is encroaching on Mercedes territory. 

Its too bad it doesn't look like that in the race, at least at night:

1nzZFtZ.png

Its so dark, the only green you can really see is neat the intake.  Whereas the Alpine looks amazing and the blue really pops.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, DukeofChutney said:

Under the light, the Aston looked very similar (at least head on) to the Mercedes livery wise.

But we've had that in the past with the likes of the Sauber and Williams being predominantly white a few years ago.

No doubt the AMR green will stand out a bit more at Emiglia-Romagna.

I think the worst part about it is all of the :censored: RP took last year for being the "Pink Merc".  Now, it's just the slower Merc.  That green looks amazing under the right light.  So wish it looked that way on track right now. 

30 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Its too bad it doesn't look like that in the race, at least at night:

1nzZFtZ.png

Its so dark, the only green you can really see is neat the intake.  Whereas the Alpine looks amazing and the blue really pops.

Yeah it's sort of got the Philadelphia Eagles problem where it needs the right conditions for the color to look it's best and night is not the right conditions. The credit I'll give the pink car is it stood out, but now half the field is darkly colored cars. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

40 minutes ago, DukeofChutney said:

The one that surprised me was Alpine. That looked stunning under the lights.

But even in that picture about looks dull. The colour reminds me of the old Prost cars in that picture, and its nothing like that in other angles.

Yeah, that's a great looking car.

2rkv6egp7kp61.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

I'm sure Aston Martin will look fine in the daylight, but we'll see at Imola.  Wouldn't even matter if Mercedes was silver like they should be.

IUe6Hvh.png

50 minutes ago, DukeofChutney said:

The reflective effect with the AMG logos on the Mercedes shark fin surprised me. Nice touch, that would probably have been lost had they been in the traditional silver livery.

I never noticed they were reflective but the AMG logos replacing the stars is another thing I dislike about their 2021 livery.

IUe6Hvh.png

2 hours ago, Sport said:

Yeah it's sort of got the Philadelphia Eagles problem where it needs the right conditions for the color to look it's best and night is not the right conditions. The credit I'll give the pink car is it stood out, but now half the field is darkly colored cars. 

It still is quite dark during the sunny sessions...  

Dpw4dQU.png

qhsLHfD.png

It looks nothing like the marketing CGI shots you posted above.  Shame.

5 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

It still is quite dark during the sunny sessions...  

Dpw4dQU.png

qhsLHfD.png

It looks nothing like the marketing CGI shots you posted above.  Shame.

I really wish BWT had taken their sponsorship and pink to Williams.  I was hoping for something more like this when the Aston Martin announcement was made.

D_7kesKXoAAsNFY.jpg

Granted, even without BWT on board, I'm pretty sure the car would just be the same as current with the bright green replacing the pink.

Alpine is still my favorite livery on the grid, and Aston Martin's is nice, but I hate that we lost pink and yellow teams for another blue team and a green team that's easily mistaken for Mercedes at a glance.

IUe6Hvh.png

12 hours ago, See Red said:

I never noticed they were reflective but the AMG logos replacing the stars is another thing I dislike about their 2021 livery.

Yep, the AMG thing is not a patch on the stars that's for sure.

They still do have a red star for Nikki near the headrest though.

11 hours ago, See Red said:

I really wish BWT had taken their sponsorship and pink to Williams.  I was hoping for something more like this when the Aston Martin announcement was made.

D_7kesKXoAAsNFY.jpg

Granted, even without BWT on board, I'm pretty sure the car would just be the same as current with the bright green replacing the pink.

Alpine is still my favorite livery on the grid, and Aston Martin's is nice, but I hate that we lost pink and yellow teams for another blue team and a green team that's easily mistaken for Mercedes at a glance.

Same here. The grid lost a bit of vibrancy now that BWT is reduced to a accent colour. Which, by the way, makes me wonder how much they're paying out for that. I know the logos are also present, but they're not pink.

And yes, BWT Williams would have been much better. We could have had a livery similar to the Brabham BT60.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brabham_BT60#/media/File:Brabham_BT60B_front-left_Donington_Grand_Prix_Collection.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I know its not F1, but it is an open wheel car. Check out this gold livery that Indycar's Simon Pagenaud will be sporting this weekend at St. Petersburg. This is a Team Penske car and his sponsors tend to appear in both Indycar and NASCAR so it would be interesting if this color appears on a stock car later this season as well.

10 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I know its not F1, but it is an open wheel car. Check out this gold livery that Indycar's Simon Pagenaud will be sporting this weekend at St. Petersburg. This is a Team Penske car and his sponsors tend to appear in both Indycar and NASCAR so it would be interesting if this color appears on a stock car later this season as well.

It's like a real live version of the gold car that Goodyear gives the Cup Series champion every year.

EtLfFUXXYAE3yqt.jpg

I kind of like it.  I'll have to see some pictures of what it looks like on track.

I will say, I think F1's halo looks way better than IndyCar's enclosed cockpit.

IUe6Hvh.png

24 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Thats actually pretty cool.  Hopefully it looks good during the race.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 9:34 PM, See Red said:

D_7kesKXoAAsNFY.jpg

Unfortunately we developed that paint and colour via Prodrive for Aston Martin Racing and the F1 team went down their own route. Even our Darker stirling green had some special pigments in for the night racing at Le Mans. 

logo.png

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

McLaren livery for Monaco GP:

https://mobile.twitter.com/f1/status/1393975875641688067?s=21

IMO they should stay with it to the rest of the season.

100% they should.  I like their regular scheme but this is beautiful.  Maybe alternate/throwback schemes at Monaco can become a thing.

Here's the image since your link didn't embed.

2021_MCL_Monaco_SM_3Q_v1_Website_Gallery

IUe6Hvh.png

Stunning modern version of a classic. I'll admit, I'm torn as I like the darker blue and orange combo they've been using, but I'm not going to complain about this.

And I'm sure that McLaren won't either - I hear some of the (tad expesnisve) merchandise has already sold out. Win win for them. :)

Archived