2021 F1 Liveries

CreamSoda

So the lone American team will be driving a Russian flag around to circumvent Mazepin being banned from driving under the Russian flag.  They claim that's not the case and the design predates the ban.

haas-2021-livery-goodwood-04032021.jpg?c

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a lot going on with that one.  Best description I've seen is that it looks like something designed in the F1 video game.

I never would have thought it was as difficult as Haas and Williams make it look to find sponsorships for these teams.

IUe6Hvh.png

Woof.  That Williams livery looks like something generic you'd get in a video game.  Russian-Haas controversy aside (design alone its...fine), the Williams is my least favorite car on the grid right now (and barring insanity from Ferrari, which I think we can count out; it'll be red and Ferrari like), will remain in the last spot (at least for me).

Is it the worst ever?  Nope.  But its busy, generic feeling and very disjointed.  Yeesh.

22 minutes ago, See Red said:

There's a lot going on with that one.  Best description I've seen is that it looks like something designed in the F1 video game.

I never would have thought it was as difficult as Haas and Williams make it look to find sponsorships for these teams.

But yeah, we were starting off real strong with the F1 liveries and then it kinda fell off a cliff by the time we got to Haas going full Russia and Williams breaking out the F1 2020 My Team Career Mode scheme, never mind Aston Martin having way too light of a green scheme to separate it from Mercedes. Alpine looks great at least

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

According to press release they based on 80's and 90's liveries. They didn't tell that but I guess barcode is a nod to tobacco sponsors.

Glad to see big tobacco getting their due after all these years.

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

According to press release they based on 80's and 90's liveries. They didn't tell that but I guess barcode is a nod to tobacco sponsors.

The nose looks very historically inspired:

Williams-scaled.jpg

They just kinda didn't connect all the dots.   The swoosh on the nose is broken up and not connected.  The slashes on the back cover up the Williams "W."  

Quick edit and to me just connecting the nose brings it all together.  The slashes now match up:

byifbqb.png

My 2021 Livery Rankings:

1.  Alpine.  Terrific shade of blue that looks great with the red and white stripes.

2.  Aston Martin.  The green and pink work really well.

3.  Alfa Romeo.  The flipped livery from last year works so much better.

4.  Red Bull.  Classic look, nothing wrong with it.  Although the Aston Martin wings looked better on the Wing.

5.  Mercedes.  The black livery looks good but not sold on the AMG stickers over the stars.

6.  Ferrari.  I don't mind the green decal but it could use some white for the Italian look.

7.  McLaren.  The orange looks good but missing a certain design aesthetic to take it over the top.

8.  Williams.  The dramatic livery change is almost there.  Just needed a few more items to complete a solid look.

9.  Alpha Tauri.  Meh, last years livery looked so much better.  Was my favorite of 2020.

10.  Haas.  It looks cheap, even though they sold entirely out....  Easily the worst livery of 2021.

I like that Ferrari is using the two reds but the transition between them is too sudden.

I'd rank 'em...

1. Alpine

2. Red Bull

3. Aston Martin

4. McLaren

5. Alfa Romeo

6. Ferrari

7. Alpha Tauri

8. Mercedes

9. Haas

10. Williams

I wish McLaren would go back to using some version of the triangle pattern from 2018.

image.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, See Red said:

I like that Ferrari is using the two reds but the transition between them is too sudden.

I'd rank 'em...

1. Alpine

2. Red Bull

3. Aston Martin

4. McLaren

5. Alfa Romeo

6. Ferrari

7. Alpha Tauri

8. Mercedes

9. Haas

10. Williams

I wish McLaren would go back to using some version of the triangle pattern from 2018.

image.jpg

Definitely agreed on the Ferrari gradient.  Good idea but needed more space for the transition. 

I can't wait to watch that Alpine in actual races, its gonna look great.   And agreed, I liked that McLaren livery, wish they used that more.

My rank:

1. Alfa Romeo - clean and crispy

2. Alpine - anyone notice that 'A' on engine cover look like "LA"?

3. Aston Martin - classic British green, EDIT: After first day of testing I swapped them places with Alpine. That green look so dark under Shakir circuit lights.

4. Red Bull - if it ain't broke, don't fix it

5. Ferrari - I don't mind green, because they might not even have Mission Winnow at all like in lasy season

6. Mercedes - not a fan of AMG stickers but I understand why they use gradient.

7. Ex aqueo. Alpha Tauri - nice but last year was better.

McLaren - I like papaya but never feel that connection with blue. It look like my grandmom bathroom

9. Haas - creative way to avoid a flag ban.

10. Williams - too busy

4r2eer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Under the lights in Bahrain, the Williams doesn't look as bad on track as it did in the reveal and, imo, the AM didn't look as good as it did in the reveal. I didn't see much of the Alpine in Qualifying but that blue is gorgeous under the lights. I wasn't crazy about AT's changes but the car looks great on the track.

I didn't see much of the cars in the daylight, though.

Also worth noting that added team logos to the position graphic, which I don't like but they had no choice with all of the blue teams. 

IUe6Hvh.png

On 3/27/2021 at 1:23 PM, See Red said:

Under the lights in Bahrain, the Williams doesn't look as bad on track as it did in the reveal and, imo, the AM didn't look as good as it did in the reveal. I didn't see much of the Alpine in Qualifying but that blue is gorgeous under the lights. I wasn't crazy about AT's changes but the car looks great on the track.

I didn't see much of the cars in the daylight, though.

Also worth noting that added team logos to the position graphic, which I don't like but they had no choice with all of the blue teams. 

Agreed.  I hated the Williams livery when originally posed, but it's...palatable under the night lights.  And it pains to say with AM, the green is a bit dark under the night lights, too.  Hard to tell it wasn't the Mercs.  Alpine was beautiful, that blue pops.  

I think AM will look better in the day (I missed most of FP1/2/3 this weekend)

1 hour ago, 1908_Cubs said:

Agreed.  I hated the Williams livery when originally posed, but it's...palatable under the night lights.  And it pains to say with AM, the green is a bit dark under the night lights, too.  Hard to tell it wasn't the Mercs.  Alpine was beautiful, that blue pops.  

I think AM will look better in the day (I missed most of FP1/2/3 this weekend)

Agreed with both you and See Red.  The Aston is way too dark and just looks like the Merc now, especially with the same side swoosh.  Unfortunately it didn't even look that much better in the bright sun sessions.  

The Williams and the Alpha Tauri looked much better in race action. 

Under the light, the Aston looked very similar (at least head on) to the Mercedes livery wise.

But we've had that in the past with the likes of the Sauber and Williams being predominantly white a few years ago.

No doubt the AMR green will stand out a bit more at Emiglia-Romagna.

Archived