New Seattle Storm logo

They were definitely due for an update.  It doesn't get a whole lot more "stereotypical totally radical mid-90s 3D logo revolution" than their previous logo design (even though it came out in 2000 I think).

That light green shade. Hmm. I was kind of on the fence about that light green color, but I think it's a nice addition as long as it is used tastefully.  I think if they got rid of it, the color scheme would be too plain/boring for a 2021 logo, and I can't think of any other color that would look much better in its place. Gray, even though I can see why they used to use it, just makes a logo kind of dull/depressing and adds zero pop. I also suppose it could be argued that this shade of green sort of ties them together with Seahawks and Sounders.

They say the triangle on top is the shape of mountains.  But to me it jumps out as the roof line of climate pledge arena.  It's basically the only thing they saved from key arena due to its historical nature.

Q&A in the Seattle times with Sue Bird and she said all teams will have new home/away and alternate jerseys supposed to drop in the next month.  

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I'm in the minority here. I'm not a fan. I originally thought maybe it was supposed to look like a raindrop. I think it looks like an army private first class patch. It's close, but doesn't move the needle (no pun intended) for me.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

On 3/6/2021 at 2:50 AM, Coacher42 said:

I'm in the minority here. I'm not a fan. I originally thought maybe it was supposed to look like a raindrop. I think it looks like an army private first class patch. It's close, but doesn't move the needle (no pun intended) for me.

My first thought was also that it looks like a raindrop.

As others have said, stylistically it is similar to the Atlanta Dream since they both rely on lines rather than shading. Overall, it’s clean and gets the job done.

• 3 weeks later...

On 3/3/2021 at 3:45 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Boy, when you put 'em right next to each other...

3580_seattle_storm-primary-2016.png

03012021_New-Seattle-Storm-Logo_202221-7

It makes their old logo look dated, like it's from the 70s instead of something like the Payton/Kemp 90s version.

Archived