NBA Concepts - Nets 3/29

Agus

1 hour ago, Agus said:

I believe the shorts from that era used a logo only at one side, and the player's number on the other. Since numbers in shorts are pretty uncommon in basketball, I only left the logo.

I think a second logo would look best IMO, but that design was intended for asymmetry, so it’s fine as is.

I find myself liking the Heat alt.  The yellow to orange gradient makes it look less "Pittsburgh Heat" than its RL counterpart.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 3/13/2021 at 6:47 PM, bcon_731 said:

You ever feel like concepts for the Knicks are typically harder for other teams? Their palette I feel is pretty limited l, way to salvage their much needed set 🏆

Their uniforms and brand isn't as historic and untouchable as the Celtics or the Bulls or the Lakers... but at the same time it feels wrong to do something too out there and go full T-Wolves or Thunder or Hawks...

You kinda have to treat them like the Pistons or Blazers, consistently modernizing an understated but unique look, falling back on the color scheme to carry the design and staying away from the temptation to cop out with some faux-backs (like in the Melo-era).  I think this set does that pretty well, although the warping on the wordmark is a bit extreme for me.

Thank you all for your comments! Last team were the Knicks, next team are the neighbours from other borough, the Brooklyn Nets.

I feel like the Nets always had a very bland identity since they moved to Brooklyn, and it doesn't have anything to do with using black and white (the Spurs made it look classic and consistent, without feeling boring or stale). Unsurprisingly, their best received jerseys seem to be the City editions (Biggie and Basquiat) and the Classic tye n' dye they've introduced this season.

I kept black and white, but introducing some elements from their past. The "Nets" wordmark is the one used for the Classic edition, and the stars and stripes are from the Dr. J era. For the Statement jersey, I decided to go for something different color-wise, and used the navy from the Brooklyn seal, and a baseball style font.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

C+C is more than welcome!

• Agus changed the title to NBA Concepts - Nets 3/29

Archived