CFP Expansion

Silence of the Rams

So the College Football Playoff has been teasing expansion for a few years now and there have been several ways to go about it. Here's mine

spacer.png

Now apart from Notre Dame all the teams are conference champions. In terms of scheduling the Capital One Orange Bowl and Playstation Fiesta Bowl are interchangeable in terms of semi-final matchups. Also the Rose Bowl will always be a semi-final game because of the dateline i want to follow

Now I did do fields ( @pitt6pack Thank you for the template) for each game (Including final). Note I simmed the games on NCAA Football 09 on PS2 (Not posting stats this was just to get matchups for the Semi-Final and Final. Also the initial matchups are not realistic. I just did each conference in a randomizer and went from there. Now without further ado

#1 Clemson vs. #8 Hawaii

Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl

Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta

spacer.png

#2 Oregon vs. #7 Notre Dame

Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic

AT&T Stadium, Arlington

spacer.png

#3 Michigan vs. #6 Florida

Allstate Sugar Bowl

Mercedes Benz Superdome, New Orleans

spacer.png

#4 Baylor vs #5 UCF

Capital One Orange Bowl

Hard Rock Stadium, Miami

spacer.png

Now the other fields will be coming soon but what do you think so far. 

Before I forget here is the National Championship logo

spacer.png

I would replace the helmets at the 25's with the sponsor logos if you're using helmets in the end zone. I'd also add an outline to helmets in teh end zone so they don't fade into end zones with the same colors and have the CFP logo stand by itself rather than inside a helmet, especially with Michigan's. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I would replace the helmets at the 25's with the sponsor logos if you're using helmets in the end zone. I'd also add an outline to helmets in the end zone so they don't fade into end zones with the same colors and have the CFP logo stand by itself rather than inside a helmet, especially with Michigan's. 

Noted. I am planning a refresh of all of the fields (Had the semis and finals done before I saw this) based on feedback. And the more I look the more i agree on the sponsor logo placement. I did use the helmets from @oldschoolvikings template. Also I was going for the Super Bowl look (Before generic logos and other nonsense by NFL's PR team)

6 hours ago, jbird669 said:

Love it! Though I wish they'd time it so the National Title Game is the last game on January 1. I also concur with MJWalker - Sponsors at the 25 yd line.

I will say I was considering that where the Rose Bowl is the final but I had to keep the "New Year's 6" theme because the Outback Bowl and the Insert Name Here Citrus Bowl just don't feel right

So here are the semis and final (Note: Will be revising later I had these done before I saw these

#1 Clemson vs #2 Oregon

108th Rose Bowl Game presented by Disney+

Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasedena

spacer.png

#3 Michigan vs #5 UCF

Playstation Fiesta Bowl

State Farm Stadium, Glendale

spacer.png

#1 Clemson vs #5 UCF

Taco Bell CFP National Championship Game

Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis

spacer.png

I feel like the National Championship Game Logo should remain the same as it is now

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Archived