Crossover: eSports(OWL) x Hockey (Justice Third & NYXL Update)

Dexatron19

Nothing on the Update to the Mayhem and the Third for the Dragons so on to the next team.

No update today.

Now the Third uniform for the London Spitfire.

This was a fun one for me to make. I tried to mimic the camouflage pattern and design that the actual British Spirtfires used. I wanted to keep the colors that London uses for this uniform, unlike what the Spitfire did for their actual Third, which was light pink. Also they are the first team that I "made" a logo for on the shoulder, which is suppose to be a nod to the letters and circle design on the side of the plane, I know there's probably an actual name for that I just didn't look it up. 

spacer.png

Now that the Third is posted for the Spitfire. Here is the full set for the London Spitfire:

spacer.png

As always all C&C is welcome and appreciated.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love that Dragons third! Honestly my only idea would be trying yellow names, but I'm not even sure about that.

The Mayhem update is an improvement but something's still not sitting right with me about it and I can't put my finger on it. Certainly not asking you to redo it again if you're feeling done with it, but I'd consider playing around more with it. Just spitballing, but maybe redo the first version but with the bomb as the sun and some vaporwave line striping? I figure that that's sorta what you were going for the first time around.

Not usually a fan of camo uniforms, but your take for London is reserved enough that it's actually pretty pleasant. The plane outline logo feels kinda like a nice fauxback. I'm fairly sure the planes' "circle designs," as you called them, are called "roundels," which I think is where the logos term comes from! Anyways, it may be less accurate but I'd stick to one color arrangement for all the roundels on your jersey. Personally, I'd go with cyan/navy/white/orange, going from the outside to the inside. You might also try putting the sleeve numbers in the middle of the sleeve roundels.

Finally, I think you've been choosing great fonts for your thirds! It'd probably be a hassle at this point so no need to do it, but I think they'd work well on the homes & aways rather than a league-wide font.

Thanks for the feedback on the last couple of thirds and updates.

On 4/8/2021 at 4:05 PM, vtgco said:

The Mayhem update is an improvement but something's still not sitting right with me about it and I can't put my finger on it. Certainly not asking you to redo it again if you're feeling done with it, but I'd consider playing around more with it. Just spitballing, but maybe redo the first version but with the bomb as the sun and some vaporwave line striping? I figure that that's sorta what you were going for the first time around.

I understand what you're saying about the Mayhem update, there will probably be teams that I go back to update an update I already gave to them. Especially if I get feedback on the updates. As well, I did consider doing the vaporwave design on the Primary and Secondary for the Mayhem, but decided that was a little to far out there for the main set of uniforms, that doesn't mean that we won't ever see a vaporwave design though.

But now on to the next update and Third.

First an update to the Vancouver Titans.

This is less of an update and more of I wanted to completely get away from what I originally did with the Titans. I wanted to get away from the Canucks look and give them something of their own. Also Green is now the primary color, because they are only one of two teams to use green as a color. Also I wanted to have a primary uniform that was a bright color, going back over every team, I noticed most primary sets were dark colors. The primary design is basically just a lot of V's. I can understand if this one doesn't get a lot of love, but I thought it was good enough to show them off.

spacer.png

Now the Third uniform for the New Your Excelsior

When I started making Third sets for teams this was one of the first ideas I had for a team. Inspired by the famous NY Rangers home uniform. I put the NYXL twist on it, the main logo is turned into a sublimated pattern that runs throughout the main part of the uniform. The number and plater name font is the same font that the Ranger use. I wanted to avoid using white anywhere on this uniform and I like how it came out.

spacer.png

Now that the Third uniform is posted here is the full set for the New York Excelsior:

spacer.png

Even with me posting the full set here doesn't mean I won't go back and update the main set. I just wanted to get the Third set out for the NYXL, because it is one of my favorites.

So an update on why there haven't been a lot of posts lately. I'm focusing on finishing up this semester of school and am not putting a lot of time to updating sets or coming up with Third uniforms. I will still try to post one or two updates and/or thirds every week, and hopefully pick up the posts when the semester ends.

Nothing on the update to the Titans and the Third for the NYXL. And since it is opening weekend for the Overwatch League how about a new Third. Next up the Boston Uprising.

The Third for Boston is inspired by their actual Third. I added the stripes to the sleeves so that they would not be blank. With the font that I used for the name and the number I was able to find one that mimics the Uprising logo. Overall though, this might be one of the more simple designs when it comes to the Third uniforms, but this is in my top 5 for Thirds. That I have done at the moment.

spacer.png

Here is the full set for the Boston Uprising:

spacer.png

Like New York, just because I am posting the full set here doesn't mean there might be an update later for the Uprising.

With the Third posted for the Uprising, I have no updates or Thirds done and ready to post. Like I said in my last post I am focusing on finishing up this semester of college and haven't had the time to work on new Thirds or updates. When I have some time I will continue to work on this series and hopefully finish up every team.

• 1 month later...

After almost two months I'm back with new uniforms and updates. I want to finish this series and that's what I going to do here. Only one new uniform today, and it might only be one uniform per post from here on out. So without further ado here is the Third for the San Francisco Shock.

This, as you can tell, is inspired by the Shock's actual third from season 2. And the Golden State Seals uniforms. A Black and Gray camouflage base accented with white and orange stripes. I tried to mimic the font the Seals used on their uniforms, with both the chest name and number font. The only thing I am not completely sold on are the gray pants. I wanted to break up the majority black look, but I don't know if gray, or even orange pants would look the best with a camo uniform. 

spacer.png

Now that the Third has been posted for the Shock here is the full set for the San Francisco Shock:

spacer.png

As always C&C is welcome and appreciated. 

• Dexatron19 changed the title to Crossover: eSports(OWL) x Hockey (San Francisco Shock Third)

Nothing on the Shock Third, so on to the next update and Third uniform.

First an update for the New York Excelsior. The biggest change is to the Chest and Sleeve Stripes. As suggested by vtgco, the direction of the arrows has been reversed. With the arrows being reversed it allowed me to continue the pattern onto the sleeves which lead to a much better design and overall better look in my opinion. The sleeve number is no longer on the elbow, now it is in a much better position on the upper arm. The last change is to the socks, now they only have the arrows going inward, not both ways like it was before. 

spacer.png

Here is the updated set for NYXL:

spacer.png

Now for the Third Uniform for the Washington Justice.

This Third is inspired by the design of the Third Uniform for the Justice and the Cherry Blossoms which you can find all over the area. Originally the stripes that are the main design of this uniform were going to have a navy accent stripe on them. However, once I saw how good red looked I had to go with it. The helmet has some cherry blossom flowers on it. Lastly Navy names and numbers to tie the uniform together.

spacer.png

Now that the Third for the Justice is posted. Here is the Full Set for the Washington Justice:

spacer.png

As always C&C is welcome and appreciated. 

• Dexatron19 changed the title to Crossover: eSports(OWL) x Hockey (Justice Third & NYXL Update)

Archived