CPL Concept kits & Logo Tweaks (4/8) Hamilton Forge added

SportsDemon

Hello, I have recently started a project on redesigning the Canadian Premier League as I'm familiar to it! I will warn you that I am new to designing logos, and they wont be amazing. I will start off in alphabetical order, so I present to you:

Atlético Ottawa

img%5D

I've redesigned the logo so that Atlético Ottawa have more of their own identity, but still fits Atletico Madrid's identity. It features the Atlético Madrid shield shape instead of the new Ottawa one. I added the Canadian flag so it looks less American. Pretty funny how Ottawa (Canada's capital city) has the most American looking logo! Please let me know how you think! 

Alright, there was no replies but that's perfectly fine. Next I have the Cavalry, based out of Calgary. I have pretty much redesigned their logo. In the Alberta flag, there is an English flag, so I added that in the new rocky mountain design I added into the crest. I also changed the shape of the crest into a shield as they're called the "Cavalry". In the logo and home kit, there are darker shaded corners, and those represent a shield used in battle. For the away kit, I don't really have much of an explanation. I just thought it looked cool. (I forgot to say that all the kits are made with a Nike template!) 

Calgary Cavalry FC

img%5D%5C

Tell me what you think! I'm just trying to improve. 

I like both concepts. The only thing I'd suggest is to adjust the spacing on the Cavalry crest. The cross and mountains seem a little squished in the middle. I'd maybe remove the cross altogether? See how it looks.

I'd also love to see you dig into the city's history for the away (and home) kits. These cities have some rich history with sport and I'm sure there's a plethora of options you could try out. While I like the black for Ottawa and camo for Calgary...I feel like there's something there that could be harnessed.

Never be afraid to go crazy with one and try stuff out! If it works, great! If it doesn't, back to drawing board for a readjustment. I can tell you have a good eye for crests, so let your imagination run and see what happens.

• 11 months later...

I am so sorry for my absence, I've been away and busy with school and etc. Anyways, enough of that talk, and lets dive back into the concepts! I've never been a fan of the FC Edmonton branding, so I completely redesigned their logo. The logo and uniforms pay homage to Edmonton's past semi-professional soccer clubs. The logo pays homage to the Edmonton Drillers, and uses the exact same colours as the Edmonton Oilers, the city's pro NHL hockey team. The logo consists of an oil drill in the middle, and a maple leaf and oil drop on the sides. 

The home kit pays homage to the Edmonton Brick Men with the subtle crisscross lines. The away kit (white) pays homage to the Edmonton Aviators, with the subtle stripes across the top of the shirt. 

Edmonton Football Club

ivvvXmD.png

• SportsDemon changed the title to CPL Concept kits & Logo Tweaks (3/8) Edmonton FC added
  • 2 weeks later...

Now moving onto the 2x CPL champions, Hamilton Forge. I completely redesigned their crest. The crest takes lots of elements from Hamilton and Ontario's coat of arms. On the crown of the logo, the two stars represent championship wins. The uniforms don't have too much meaning, the orange uniform has a spark design that is directly taken from their current logo.  This may be a stretch, but the grey uniform has a concrete texture, which is supposed to represent the strength and grit of the local Hamilton factories. 

Hamilton Forge Football Club

OOQaDvY.png

• SportsDemon changed the title to CPL Concept kits & Logo Tweaks (4/8) Hamilton Forge added
On 3/4/2021 at 2:40 PM, SportsDemon said:

Hello, I have recently started a project on redesigning the Canadian Premier League as I'm familiar to it! I will warn you that I am new to designing logos, and they wont be amazing. I will start off in alphabetical order, so I present to you:

Atlético Ottawa

img%5D

I've redesigned the logo so that Atlético Ottawa have more of their own identity, but still fits Atletico Madrid's identity. It features the Atlético Madrid shield shape instead of the new Ottawa one. I added the Canadian flag so it looks less American. Pretty funny how Ottawa (Canada's capital city) has the most American looking logo! Please let me know how you think! 

Wouldn't it be Athlétique or just Athletic?

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

1 hour ago, tigers said:

Wouldn't it be Athlétique or just Athletic?

Atlético Ottawa is owned by Atlético  Madrid in Spain, so they just adopted the "Atlético" in their name to match with their owner/affiliate.

20 hours ago, SportsDemon said:

Atlético Ottawa is owned by Atlético  Madrid in Spain, so they just adopted the "Atlético" in their name to match with their owner/affiliate.

Painful.

Thanks for the Explanation.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Archived