NWSL Kits

upperV03

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what's more annoying, San Diego Wave selling their home shirt for $200 or all of the people saying it's not their fault it costs that much. By the way you can't customize them and they say WAVE FC and have the number 22 on the back. Their jersey is also a $45 Nike team wear jersey. It's actually cheaper to order the blank jersey, patches and numbers yourself. And that's if you have a minimum order of 6-12 badges instead of just screen printing the logos on. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, vtgco said:

!?!?!?!?

Not totally clear from that pic but the base color is “light bone”. The shorts will be green, which I’m excited to see. I like the idea behind the shirt a lot, but I’ll have to wait and see the official reveal before I can really judge it.

• Applause 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

23 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Not totally clear from that pic but the base color is “light bone”. The shorts will be green, which I’m excited to see. I like the idea behind the shirt a lot, but I’ll have to wait and see the official reveal before I can really judge it.

Glad to hear about the green shorts; also glad to see the full-color logo again. The league could use some green and IDK why Portland sorta ditched it. Totally with you on needing the full picture; I imagine those dark shorts will help with the top-heaviness that's bothering me so much here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, vtgco said:

!?!?!?!?

I don't know why, but I actually like this. It's not a standard uniform look, which is such a Portland thing to do. I know it has Ed Hardy vibes, but if they sell this in a men's cut, I'll probably get it.  I'm also glad they aren't going with an iridescent badge like some of the other clubs jumped on this season. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I don't know why, but I actually like this. It's not a standard uniform look, which is such a Portland thing to do. I know it has Ed Hardy vibes, but if they sell this in a men's cut, I'll probably get it.  I'm also glad they aren't going with an iridescent badge like some of the other clubs jumped on this season. 

I can see why someone would make the Ed Hardy connection, but I see this as targeting the tattoo-loving fan base, of which the Thorns have many. As the spouse of a woman with dozens of tattoos, and who lived in Portland for a decade, the tattoo artist community there is vast and impressive. 

• Like 2

If NWSL teams are still going with Ally on the left sleeve, maybe they should copy MLS and put the league patch above it.  They are pretty much the only league that doesn't have their league badge somewhere on their kits where everyone can see it. And there's plenty of space for it to fit as is, even more if shrunk to the same proportions as the MLS/Apple TV patch. 

LA's Angel City FC set to soar in inaugural season | Reuters

2022 NWSL Championship: How to watch, TV info, playoff results

NWSL teams finalize rosters ahead of the 2022 Challenge Cup – Equalizer  Soccer

I also have to say, Washington going black and white for this group of kits is a severe downgrade. 

front-back.jpg

jersey-1.jpg

The badges changing shades is neat and all, but it doesn't really mean much on the pitch. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The NWSL either has some of the most unique kits in soccer/football, or puts out bland plain or catalogue looks. There is no in-between, and it feels a bit frustrating.

Washington Spirit changing to black/white makes sense in the spirit of their home venue, but it feels so bland without another accent color. And considering that we have had a couple of other newer teams adopt black as their primary (i.e. Angel City and Gotham), it seems like a very short-sighted decision.

Also, seems like the Wave are going navy at home again. I'm disappointed, I really want them to embrace the prominent pink/orange/light blue colors that could help them stand out a bit more.

san-diego-wave-2023-home-away-kits%20%2814%29.jpg

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

The return of the Utah Royals for the 2024 season was announced today, alongside a new logo:

Utah_Royals_FC_2023_logo.png

The original, for comparison:

162px-Utah_Royals_FC_logo.svg.png

Personally, I miss the Delicate Arch.

• Like 1