NWSL Kits

upperV03

Figured I’d start a new thread for this year’s NWSL kits, as teams are starting to reveal their new looks.

The Thorns are carrying over both of their fully custom kits from last year, but now have the TikTok logo added to the right sleeve:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Courage revealed new home and away jerseys a while back:

spacer.png

And of course the Dash revealed their new primary shirt yesterday, their first with the new crest:

spacer.png

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I’m glad that the Houston ownership group is trying to unify their mens and women’s teams as closely as the corporate overlords will allow them to.

The Thorns have done impressive work to build their own brand, but that does feel like the exception rather than the rule.

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

New primary shirt for Orlando for the 2021 and 2022 seasons:

I don’t necessarily like them going BFBS, but I can’t deny that the design is pretty dang cool.

Totally agree.

I wish they could have kept purple sleeves or something so the black wouldn't be too overpowering. I can't decide if it looks better or worse knowing that the shorts and socks are black, too. Still, it's a really nice design and it beats the Lions' new kit!

The Ad Astra patch is pretty cool, too.

B4TQ6KF3XZEC7L3OVHLPTEOOWQ.jpg

Does anyone know if the hexagon pattern used for the gradient has some significance? Presumably it's not meant to be the Epcott ball...

4 hours ago, vtgco said:

Totally agree.

I wish they could have kept purple sleeves or something so the black wouldn't be too overpowering. I can't decide if it looks better or worse knowing that the shorts and socks are black, too. Still, it's a really nice design and it beats the Lions' new kit!

The Ad Astra patch is pretty cool, too.

B4TQ6KF3XZEC7L3OVHLPTEOOWQ.jpg

Does anyone know if the hexagon pattern used for the gradient has some significance? Presumably it's not meant to be the Epcott ball...

They call it a star pattern.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

51 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Looks great but I hope it's fashion only. Name and number would be hard to read from far away.

I guess it's a GK kit to go with the space kit?

Probably just a fashion jersey. NWSL doesn't allow nicknames on uniforms and it's not the league font either.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

That Dash jersey is fine but nothing too great. I'm mostly just glad that they held onto some light blue (I wish their Dynamo brothers had done the same) but it's a downgrade from the Oilers getup they had before.

The new NY/NJ logo is excellent, with the well-executed J/Y monogram and beautifully incorporated crown. I suppose it's cool that they've established seafoam and black as New York's women's sporting colors.

I don't know why I don't really feel the name "Gotham," though, despite it being more locally relevant. "Gotham FC" without the "NY/NJ" would be a bit better, like @QCS says, but regardless something feels a bit awkward about it. Not that a Reign fan is in a better spot lately when it comes to awkward team names :P

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Why hello, Louisville.

I believe Gotham FC will be releasing their kits today as well.

I've been trying to get a Louisville jersey but I may have to wait until later. 😒

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

spacer.png

Not a super thrilling rebrand but the logo and now the jerseys at least have a solid color scheme and don’t look cheapo. And doing the photo shoots on that one instagrammable block in DUMBO. An overnight shift to actual professionalism for this team.

overall really impressed with NWSL’s looks this year. Big evolution from picking the teamwear in the most basic colors like most of the league did even very recently.

• Like 4

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers