Milano-Cortina 2026 Unveils 2 Logo Options

SSmith48

With the 2022 Winter Olympics just under a year away, it's time for the Winter Olympics after it to unveil their new logo. It seems that the organizing committee has released 2 options for fans to voice their opinion on. The left "Dado" option is a bit more colorful, but the "Futura" option has a interesting shape, albeit with a light-on-light background. It's hard for me to say which one I prefer specifically, but both seem rather lacking in some aspects. I love the colors of the left, but the wordmark of the right is also quite different and attractive.

I loghi per le Olimpiadi 2026

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Here’s the website to vote: www.milanocortina2026.org

These are both awful, but the Futura option being inspired by drawing on fogged windows is so bad and will disappear at a distance much like its inspiration. Dado isn’t great but at least the colors are fine, the perspective looks messed up, it looks like it was made on MSPaint. Huge downgrade on the Torino 2006 logo

07Giants.pngnyy.png

5 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

Here’s the website to vote: www.milanocortina2026.org

These are both awful, but the Futura option being inspired by drawing on fogged windows is so bad and will disappear at a distance much like its inspiration. Dado isn’t great but at least the colors are fine, the perspective looks messed up, it looks like it was made on MSPaint. Huge downgrade on the Torino 2006 logo

I would have to agree wholeheartedly with you here. I also don’t think the year/number route is a good way to go, especially for a place as culturally rich as Italy. These options just both came off as bland because of it.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived