NHL redesign-Complete 32/32

johne9109

Philadelphia Flyers

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

The home and away jerseys are unchanged. Philly has a great unique set that I didn't want to change anything

Alternate

spacer.png

I love the Flyers Stadium Series jersey form 2019. So for the Alternate I took that color scheme and gave it some striping. I wanted to keep the orange jersey because the Flyers logo doesn't look good in orange. People also tend to want to put the Liberty Bell on a Flyers alternate and it looks nice most of the time, but doesn't fit the teams image to me. 

Fauxback

spacer.png

The fauxback gets the Philadelphia Quakers treatment. I took their design, but used the Flyers colors and name on the jersey

ZUH86xc.png

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pittsburg Penguins

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

I always liked the '90's Penguins logo so I decided to go back to the robo penguin. I angled not only the sleeve stripes but also the striping on the main part of the jersey. As a Bruins fan I hate that the Penguins use the same colors as us and preferred when they used the pale gold instead. On the other hand I do like how all the Pittsburg teams have the same color scheme. So I compromised. I went back to gold but it's a deeper gold so it wouldn't stand out when put with the Steelers or Pirates. 

Alternate

spacer.png

So normally I hate gradients on jerseys, but I took this opportunity to take the worst Penguins jersey in history and make it better. Now it shows the transition from their original look to their current look. It's still not great but I think it's unique and gives it meaning for the weird design

Throwback

spacer.png

For the throwback I took the teams original jersey design but put the Winter Classic logo from 2011. 

ZUH86xc.png

San Jose Sharks

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

For the Sharks I decided to make orange a more prominent color and minimized the use of black. The striping is a combination of the teams original jerseys and the current jerseys. I also recolored the logos on the jersey

Alternate

spacer.png

I took the secondary logo and straightened out the pattern and made it extend to make the jerseys striping pattern. The orange and teal work great together to create the sun and the sea against each other

Fauxback

spacer.png

A simplified jersey with a simplified logo to give it a feel like the Sharks have been around for decades

ZUH86xc.png

1 hour ago, johne9109 said:

Fauxback

spacer.png

A simplified jersey with a simplified logo to give it a feel like the Sharks have been around for decades

Well they already have been. For 30 years...

This isn’t the strongest logo for a hockey jersey. It definitely need something different for a stronger crest. It also doesn’t feel that retro. Are you aiming for more 60’s to 80’s with this look? 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

This one I'm excited to share. The Seattle Kraken! I was kind of disappointed in their reveal. It was like they were on the verge of greatness and just stopped. So I decided to add to what they came out with and improved upon it. 

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

I took their base design and made some changes; primarily with the colors. I added shades of teal, green, and blue that now connect the Kraken to the Seahawks and Mariners. I love when teams have that color unity. The main logo now becomes an amalgamation of the teams current main and secondary logos and I introduce a new secondary logo. Credit to Grant O'Dell with the secondary logo. 

Alternate

spacer.png

The secondary logo is now the main feature here and we also lean heavily into the kraken theming with tentacles replacing the striping. Seahawks fans will also notice the shoulders are patterned off of the teams football jerseys and teal becomes the main color drawing inspiration from the Mariners. 

Fauxback

spacer.png

I think it's inevitable that whenever the Kraken do a throwback or reverse retro jersey it's going to be the Metropolitans. So I took their jersey and gave it the new Kraken colors

ZUH86xc.png

7 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Well they already have been. For 30 years...

This isn’t the strongest logo for a hockey jersey. It definitely need something different for a stronger crest. It also doesn’t feel that retro. Are you aiming for more 60’s to 80’s with this look? 

Yeah they were a hard one to make original six retro so I went with more of original expansion retro. 

ZUH86xc.png

St. Louis Blues

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

The home and away get almost completely redone. There re two shades of blue being used. Their original lighter blue and the current more darker blue. The striping is done to mimic a music staff; given their namesake and the logo is a music note. The horn secondary logo is also brought back

Alternate

spacer.png

The alternate features the St. Louis arch and a silhouette of the skyline. The staff striping is also removed

Throwback

spacer.png

I threw it back to the '80's for the Blues with this one. The colors are changed to match the set I used for these concepts. I purposefully left the red out of the throwback. Never thought it worked for the Blues

ZUH86xc.png

On 3/10/2021 at 9:00 PM, johne9109 said:

Time for another redesign. The Columbus Blue Jackets don't get completely redone Like Carolina, but they do get quite the over haul. Let me start with giving credit to Sean McCarthy for the main logo, Josh Bilinsky for the secondary logo, and Luke Orient for the alternate logo.

Home 

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

The blue and light blue stay from Columbus' current color scheme, but the big change is dropping red for gold. The jerseys take their cues from union uniforms during the civil war; tying the team closer to their namesakes. The stars in the striping comes from the uniforms as well as the chevrons on the sleeves and the gold on the shoulders. 

Alternate

spacer.png

I took the chevrons from the sleeves and used that as the striping for the alternate. Light blue also becomes the main color while gold gets dropped

Fauxback

spacer.png

Hands down the best jersey in the Blue Jackets current set is the alternate jersey so I took that and made some modifications. Mainly dropping the extra colors and making the stars the predominant accents

As an Ohioan and an OSU alum, I don’t like the idea of a Columbus team wearing dark blue and yellow. Even with the lighter blue in there. 

5 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

As an Ohioan and an OSU alum, I don’t like the idea of a Columbus team wearing dark blue and yellow. Even with the lighter blue in there. 

Colors of a rival school I take it? Don't pay much attention to college sports TBH

ZUH86xc.png

Tampa Bay Lightning

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

Tampa is a team that started out with a great design and then came out with their current design which is completely unoriginal. I decided to almost completely redesign the lightning. I started with a new color scheme. Black is replaced by a dark navy blue and then a bright blue is introduced to replicate the glow that comes from lightning. I took the lightning bolt from the pants and made it the striping on the sleeves as well.

Alternate

spacer.png

The old secondary logo becomes the main logo for the alternate logo, the bright blue becomes the main color, and the lightning striping is now horizontal.

Fauxback

spacer.png

The fauxback uses another of the lightning secondary logos and then replicates the vertical lightning bolt striping from the home and away jersey, but in a traditional sense. I know this looks similar to what the Jets have used recently, but you'll see when Winnipeg gets posted that it will be different

ZUH86xc.png

Lets also look at the team the Lightning are trying so hard to look like the Toronto Maple Leafs

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

Biggest change to the home and away for Toronto is that I went back to the previous version of the leaf logo. I always preferred this logo especially since it looks like the leaf on the Canadian flag. 

Alternate

spacer.png

The alternate really embraces it's city and Canadian heritage. The main jersey gets the leaf morphing into the CN Tower as well as a red leaf accompanying it. The shoulders get the Leafs logo, but in red for the Canadian flag as well as a white shoulder and sleeve striping

Throwback

spacer.png

Probably my favorite from the bunch; It's simple but effective. I took the Toronto Arenas jersey, but in stead of arenas on each side of the T I put Maple Leafs to bring it to the current branding.

ZUH86xc.png

Guest darkpiranha

Some bold choices here.  I love it.  Blues, Lightning and Leafs have some really interesting ideas, especially that Leafs tower 3rd.

1 hour ago, johne9109 said:

I always preferred this logo especially since it looks like the leaf on the Canadian flag. 

If that's what you're looking for, then you should go with the 1967 version of the logo since it is the same shape as the leaf on the flag and was added to the uniforms to commemorate the adoption of Canada's current flag two years earlier.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like the idea of the Lightning, though the light blue evokes more “ice” for me than lightning. Perhaps a fitting design wrinkle as they are an ice hockey team...? ;) Great work on the series so far! 

1 hour ago, woody86 said:

I like the idea of the Lightning, though the light blue evokes more “ice” for me than lightning. Perhaps a fitting design wrinkle as they are an ice hockey team...? ;) Great work on the series so far! 

I played with the colors A LOT for Tampa. I tried an even lighter blue but it blended with the white too easy. I tried different shades of yellow, but those either clashed or made not feel like the Lightning at all. I settled with blue and yes it does give that feeling of ice, but at the same time I think of the cool ocean breeze in Tampa as well. It's not perfect, but I think it works. Thanks man!

ZUH86xc.png

3 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

If that's what you're looking for, then you should go with the 1967 version of the logo since it is the same shape as the leaf on the flag and was added to the uniforms to commemorate the adoption of Canada's current flag two years earlier.

Being completely honest. I didn't even realize the two were different; they look pretty similar. As a Bruins fan I can't say I spend a whole lot of time looking at Leafs jerseys (kidding)😉

ZUH86xc.png

Vancouver Canucks

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

Vancouver becomes an amalgamation of multiple eras of the team. The main logo stays the same, but Johnny Canuck becomes the secondary logo. The colors are changed around a bit as I've completely removed the silver and the blue and green are closer to older iterations of their jerseys. The striping is taken from their original jerseys. I love how Vancouver has always tried to sneak in V's wherever possible and always thought the striping here was really unique and creative.

Alternate

spacer.png

I know a lot of people don't like Johnny Canuck, but I love him. So he's becomes the focal point of the Alternate jersey. I played with the idea of having plaid striping, but it was TOO much. So i went with a simple striping pattern and removed white from everywhere except the logos to help them pop,

Fauxback

spacer.png

The Fauxback is a take on the teams jersey from the mid to late '80's. I like the skate logo, but always hated the colors of that time. So I put the blue and green on that design. We also get off white for that vintage feel

ZUH86xc.png

Archived