• Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Vancouver Canucks

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

Vancouver becomes an amalgamation of multiple eras of the team. The main logo stays the same, but Johnny Canuck becomes the secondary logo. The colors are changed around a bit as I've completely removed the silver and the blue and green are closer to older iterations of their jerseys. The striping is taken from their original jerseys. I love how Vancouver has always tried to sneak in V's wherever possible and always thought the striping here was really unique and creative.

Alternate

spacer.png

I know a lot of people don't like Johnny Canuck, but I love him. So he's becomes the focal point of the Alternate jersey. I played with the idea of having plaid striping, but it was TOO much. So i went with a simple striping pattern and removed white from everywhere except the logos to help them pop,

Fauxback

spacer.png

The Fauxback is a take on the teams jersey from the mid to late '80's. I like the skate logo, but always hated the colors of that time. So I put the blue and green on that design. We also get off white for that vintage feel

Those colors are SO vibrant. I love them. 

8 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Those colors are SO vibrant. I love them. 

Me too! I'm tired of the fad that started in the 2000's where colors had to be dulled down. It's good to see teams like Buffalo and Calgary going back to more vibrant uniforms

ZUH86xc.png

5 hours ago, johne9109 said:

I played with the colors A LOT for Tampa. I tried an even lighter blue but it blended with the white too easy. I tried different shades of yellow, but those either clashed or made not feel like the Lightning at all. I settled with blue and yes it does give that feeling of ice, but at the same time I think of the cool ocean breeze in Tampa as well. It's not perfect, but I think it works. Thanks man!

I know this crazy, but maybe trying to infuse some green might help? Maybe get it to an aqua shade?

Vegas Golden Knights

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

Vegas gets a decent overhaul. I drop red and grey and lighten up the gold. I also change the striping to mimic the towers of a castle. I also couldn't find the exact pattern that Vegas uses so I went as close as I could fins

Alternate

spacer.png

The alternate jersey gets a neon nightlife feel to it. The Vegas font is taken directly from the famous Vegas sign and the get more traditional striping with the card suits inside. I tried using some color in this, but then it got way too busy; so I just stuck with the gold

Fauxback

spacer.png

The fauxback gets a duller more subtle gold and some old school striping. The hemet is replaced with a shield and crossed swords with the team name; giving it a more original six throwback vibe

ZUH86xc.png

Washington Capitals

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

To me the Washington Capitals lack a strong identity. They've moved through so many different designs and can't seem to land on one logo or identity. So I took my favorite elements and put them together. The logo with the Capital Building has always been my favorite and I really like it int he red and blue colors. The striping is a mix of their original striping with the stars and their 90's striping, but straightened out. Secondary logo stays the same

Alternate

spacer.png

For the alternate the screaming eagle gets the red and blue treatment. I also removed the wordmark and added stars

Throwback

spacer.png

For the throwback we get the teams original white jersey

ZUH86xc.png

1 hour ago, johne9109 said:

Vegas Golden Knights

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

Vegas gets a decent overhaul. I drop red and grey and lighten up the gold. I also change the striping to mimic the towers of a castle. I also couldn't find the exact pattern that Vegas uses so I went as close as I could fins

Alternate

spacer.png

The alternate jersey gets a neon nightlife feel to it. The Vegas font is taken directly from the famous Vegas sign and the get more traditional striping with the card suits inside. I tried using some color in this, but then it got way too busy; so I just stuck with the gold

Fauxback

spacer.png

The fauxback gets a duller more subtle gold and some old school striping. The hemet is replaced with a shield and crossed swords with the team name; giving it a more original six throwback vibe

I like it! I wonder how it’d look for the fauxback to put V. G. K. In the shield, either straight or diagonally. Might allow for a bigger font and better readability. Good work again! 

1 hour ago, woody86 said:

I like it! I wonder how it’d look for the fauxback to put V. G. K. In the shield, either straight or diagonally. Might allow for a bigger font and better readability. Good work again! 

Good idea; I didn't even think of that. I'll have to try it

ZUH86xc.png

Winnipeg Jets

Home 

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the branding of the new iteration of the Winnipeg Jets; especially when you compare it to the old franchise. So I took the best of both franchises and combined them. I brought the red from the old Jets and put it with the blues and silver that the current Jets use. I also went with an new version that is more inspired by the old logo; credit to Johnny VonGriz. I also used a new secondary logo; credit to Jonathan Sparks. The striping is all based on the current Jets jerseys.

Alternate

spacer.png

The alternate takes the current secondary logo and makes that the main logo. I took the teams current away design and made grey/silver the main color. 

Throwback

spacer.png

The throwback throws all the way back to the original Jets WHA jersey. It's not something we've seen done yet and I thought it would be interesting to bring back. The jersey gets the off white treatment as well as the current darker blue and red

ZUH86xc.png

On 3/10/2021 at 9:00 PM, johne9109 said:

Time for another redesign. The Columbus Blue Jackets don't get completely redone Like Carolina, but they do get quite the over haul. Let me start with giving credit to Sean McCarthy for the main logo, Josh Bilinsky for the secondary logo, and Luke Orient for the alternate logo.

Home 

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

The blue and light blue stay from Columbus' current color scheme, but the big change is dropping red for gold. The jerseys take their cues from union uniforms during the civil war; tying the team closer to their namesakes. The stars in the striping comes from the uniforms as well as the chevrons on the sleeves and the gold on the shoulders. 

Alternate

The chevrons you used are the style the Confederacy used, which wouldn't be appropriate for Blue Jackets. https://military.wikia.org/wiki/Ranks_and_insignia_of_the_Confederate_States

And since chevrons signify rank, I really wouldn't go with them on a jersey...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The chevrons you used are the style the Confederacy used, which wouldn't be appropriate for Blue Jackets. https://military.wikia.org/wiki/Ranks_and_insignia_of_the_Confederate_States

And since chevrons signify rank, I really wouldn't go with them on a jersey...

The union used similar chevrons as well

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_of_the_Union_Army

They would get really creative with them and have the Captain and Alternates have more stripes signifying a higher rank which could be interesting

ZUH86xc.png

On 3/21/2021 at 12:20 PM, chcarlson23 said:

Well they already have been. For 30 years...

This isn’t the strongest logo for a hockey jersey. It definitely need something different for a stronger crest. It also doesn’t feel that retro. Are you aiming for more 60’s to 80’s with this look? 

If wanting to go further back for a retro for the Sharks how about this shark or something like it?

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/112077-uni-watch-fauxback-contest-san-jose-entry/?tab=comments#comment-2768219

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Guest darkpiranha
3 hours ago, johne9109 said:

So after a few comments I tried something different with Tampa. Can't say I like it better, but you all may think it looks better

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

I think you've let the comments get into your head a little bit.  The original TB set you had felt like it was YOUR vision and your style.  Your style isn't beholden to tradition. It's bold and takes big swings, and that's what I love about this series so far.   I liked what you had originally ten times better than this.  Your Tampa Bay wasn't my favorite of your designs, but it still felt like part of your unique take on the league.  So go back to exploring what YOU think is interesting about TB's branding and do with it what inspires you.  

On 3/22/2021 at 10:41 AM, johne9109 said:

Alternate

spacer.png

The alternate really embraces it's city and Canadian heritage. The main jersey gets the leaf morphing into the CN Tower as well as a red leaf accompanying it.

Um.. a little inadvertent/unintentional problem. On the ice it would look like the Leafs are a bit *excited* to play hockey in Toronto. Unless it's a tribute to Harold Ballard?

Archived