2021-22 NBA Changes

2 hours ago, kimball said:

However, I will say this ... OKC’s Love’s patch fills me with rage every time I see it.

It doesn't help that their City uniform, for as much as I kind of enjoyed it, looks almost exactly like a stock car/NASCAR scheme.

Photo gallery: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 City Edition jerseys

• Like 6

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

2 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

It doesn't help that their City uniform, for as much as I kind of enjoyed it, looks almost exactly like a stock car/NASCAR scheme.

That was my exact thought too. Nothing about it evokes Oklahoma to me as it was suppose to, instead it looks like it's a tribute to stock car racing, which is something you would think the Pacers would do.

• Like 2

bSLCtu2.png

I don't see teams getting rid of their actual City Editions. IMO, the 2020-21 collection had a clearly better visual complexity than in previous years. More teams matched their court with City Editions uni. I would like all that effort to be maintained for the 2021-22 season.

Perhaps it is the case that they keep their City Ed., which will have less market interest, include the new uniform set (his name is Mixtape?) and drastically reduce the use of Statement Ed.

And the Earned ... who cares?

If I'm right, I also don't expect to see Classic Ed. next season. Classics don't make any sense if we have a collection that mixes different eras.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Igor Coelho said:

I don't see teams getting rid of their actual City Editions. IMO, the 2020-21 collection had a clearly better visual complexity than in previous years. More teams matched their court with City Editions uni. I would like all that effort to be maintained for the 2021-22 season.

Perhaps it is the case that they keep their City Ed., which will have less market interest, include the new uniform set (his name is Mixtape?) and drastically reduce the use of Statement Ed.

And the Earned ... who cares?

If I'm right, I also don't expect to see Classic Ed. next season. Classics don't make any sense if we have a collection that mixes different eras.

Yeah I agree with this. Should be an earned/throwback replacement. City jerseys (even though many here hate them) have become an event unto them selves, and a cash cow for the nba every year.

• Like 1

Excellent!

On 5/21/2021 at 11:58 AM, bowld said:

These leaked this morning. Not sure if real or not-

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

That Nets uniform, at least with the left side panel, look like the Clippers city uniform from a few years ago, especially the color scheme being used. I understand that this uniform brings back that side panel from the Dr. J era but very similar nonetheless.

Tobias Harris vs. Danilo Gallinari: Who is the Clippers' All-Star? – The  Athletic

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Watching the Thunder doesn't make you want to get a crappy hot dog from a convenience store?

Design Brief

“Gas station/NASCAR fire suit, but make it drip. Thx.”

spacer.png

• Like 9

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

33 minutes ago, Igor Coelho said:

Mavs Shop Twitter teasing something about a green jersey? Should be about their new set? A complete revamp? Just a sale or something else?

I thought one of @Conrad.’s concepts captured a potential Mavs update pretty well. It seems like Mark Cuban and the management want to stay on the 2001 branding while the fan base wants a return to green. This would be a pretty good compromise, IMO.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, projectjohn said:

I thought one of @Conrad.’s concepts captured a potential Mavs update pretty well. It seems like Mark Cuban and the management want to stay on the 2001 branding while the fan base wants a return to green. This would be a pretty good compromise, IMO.

I think something like this is closer to better, but still doesn’t change the fact that the design of the uniform itself (colors aside) is very dated and looks stuck in 2001. I think Dallas is better off hitting a hard reset than continuing to stretch the Cuban set even farther. 

I would absolutely LOVE a throwback update akin to what the Blue Jays did; a clear U-turn back to the classics but with clean, subtle modernizations that make it perfectly current. I think the Mavs could pull that off beautifully. I don’t think Cuban will ever sniff that territory, however, so I’m not getting my hopes up.

• Like 6

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

14 hours ago, Igor Coelho said:

This is the NBA and Nike we're talking about here, it doesn't have to make sense in order for it to happen.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of throwback for the Knicks, Warriors, Celtics and other teams with ties to the original BAA. 

• Like 3

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

15 minutes ago, Digby said:

"Brand Synergy" between major and minor league affiliates can :censored: right off. That's two teams this year alone that had their unique and fun branding ripped away (the other being the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers becoming the Bridgeport Islanders) so they could share a name.  Celtics doesn't make an ounce of sense for a team in Maine, a state in which Irish heritage and culture isn't exactly a big deal like in Boston. Red Claws acted both as a reference to the Celtics (Red Auerbach) and a strong tie-in to the local community,

• Like 18

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

23 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Design Brief

“Gas station/NASCAR fire suit, but make it drip. Thx.”

spacer.png

That's exactly it!

32087968-32087968.jpg?crop=0.99944720840

• Like 13

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 5/22/2021 at 7:09 PM, kimball said:

However, I will say this ... OKC’s Love’s patch fills me with rage every time I see it.

OKC fills me with rage that all these years later they're still using the placeholder identity with a bizarre modern art logo that was whipped up before they even came up with a nickname.

• Like 5

VmWIn6B.png

On 5/21/2021 at 5:58 PM, bowld said:

These leaked this morning. Not sure if real or not-

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

All of them except Heat looks interesting. I wonder what shorts they will do for Bulls because there isn't too much option to mashups.

4 hours ago, DEAD! said:

The lobster used to be cooked.... now, it's mutated. 

Teenage Mutant Basket Lobster

• Like 5

4r2eer.png

On 5/22/2021 at 5:37 PM, the admiral said:

Utah had the right idea with the wrong execution.

At that point why not just nudge it over to a dark teal, add copper, and go right back to what they wore when they went to the Finals?

I for one wouldn't have a single issue with that. 😃

On 5/22/2021 at 11:20 PM, SSmith48 said:

I ain't gon' front--from a purely design perspective, those are kinda hot! I don't know that it works for OKC, but shade that orange over to pink territory and you have dang near a perfect vice Heat alternate...or shoot, maybe even primary. (Heh...as if the NBA/Nike cares about "primaries" anymore...)

1 hour ago, TaylorMade said:

Fully agreed. Instead of moving into a soccer style "Team Name 2" style, I'd rather see the GLeague adopt more of a minor league baseball style of totally off-the-wall and hyperlocal team names.

Well...that did used to be the case, didn't it?  The best example I can think of right off the top of my head is the Fort Wayne (IN) Mad Ants, so named for General "Mad" Anthony Wayne, who (as history tells it) directed the building of the post grew into what's now Fort Wayne.

I know this, though, speaking of this: the Miami Heat better not even attempt to rename their D-league affiliate It's bad enough they changed their colors from teal and black to dark red and black; if that ain't enough, try saying this to yourself a few times and see how well it fits: "Sioux Falls...Heat." You ain't never seen nobody put those two identifiers together before in your life. Better to just stick with "Skyforce".  

(All that's beside the weird situation of a franchise way down in Miami being so invested in basketball way up here in Sioux Falls...but here they are, still invested all these years later.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

31 minutes ago, Igor Coelho said:

Thanks for posting and sharing.  I personally like the jersey they wore to celebrate their championship, which had the yellow number with red outlines, as shown above as the the number 2 and the second "I."