2021-22 NBA Changes

2 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Speaking of the Hawks and Olympics, I have a feeling that they could go with a 1996 Olympic themed city uniform next year to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the games. Maybe? Maybe not? Just an idea. 

The return of Izzy?

spacer.png

• Like 8

On 6/3/2021 at 4:59 AM, projectjohn said:

New jersey sponsor for the Pistons beginning next season:

https://www.freep.com/story/money/business/2021/06/03/uwm-logo-detroit-pistons-jerseys/7504513002/

Actually looks somewhat less obtrusive than the Flagstar patch on the Association jerseys:

The United Wholesale Mortgage logo will appear on Detroit Pistons jerseys beginning with the 2021-2022 NBA season.

If they didn't spell out their name, I would have thought that the University of Wisconsin - Madison was trying to get students from Michigan.

(Correction: Turns out UWM is actually UW - Milwaukee.)

On 6/8/2021 at 8:13 PM, ltjets21 said:

The Clippers and Nets city jerseys are both equally the worst uniforms I have ever set my eyes on.

The Clippers at least showed a bit of restraint with their design. The Nets went a little too wild, even with the full full inspiration taken into account. The wordmark makes me want to ram my head into a brick wall every time I see it.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 6/8/2021 at 7:13 PM, ltjets21 said:

The Clippers and Nets city jerseys are both equally the worst uniforms I have ever set my eyes on.

Have you already forgotten about Adidas' sleeved jerseys?

• Like 12

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 6/8/2021 at 8:13 PM, ltjets21 said:

The Knicks have entered the chat. 

jpeg 

• Like 22

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Sixers-Hawks is an excellent example of how simple, yet unique uniforms can look gorgeous, as well as giving us 3 distinctly different uniform games with no loss of "Who am I watching?"

2 of the best dressed teams in the league.

Sixers vs. Hawks series 2021: Picks, predictions, series odds, preview,  Joel Embiid injury - DraftKings Nation

2021 Playoffs: East Semifinal | 76ers (1) vs. Hawks (5) | NBA.com

Hawks hold on for dear life in 128-124 Game 1 win over Sixers - Peachtree  Hoops

• Like 14

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

Sixers-Hawks is an excellent example of how simple, yet unique uniforms can look gorgeous, as well as giving us 3 distinctly different uniform games with no loss of "Who am I watching?"

Sixers vs. Hawks series 2021: Picks, predictions, series odds, preview,  Joel Embiid injury - DraftKings Nation

Hawks hold on for dear life in 128-124 Game 1 win over Sixers - Peachtree  Hoops

Hawks vs Sixers is one of my favorite match ups in NBA 2K21. Both teams use drop shadow numbers but at different angles. Such a great design element. The Hawks should have used a drop shadow on their wordmark too

• Like 5

On 6/14/2021 at 8:08 AM, Dnice said:

I 'm guessing Sixers wear the earned or white jerseys tonight vs the Hawks MLK uniforms.

Schedule for the series is:

(PHI) White @ (ATL) MLK

(ATL) Red @ (PHI) Blue (Game 2)

(PHI) White @ (ATL) Red (Game 3)

(PHI) Red @ (ATL) Black (Game 1)

Source: NBA Lockervision

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

Schedule for the series is:

(PHI) White @ (ATL) MLK

(ATL) Red @ (PHI) Blue (Game 2)

(PHI) White @ (ATL) Red (Game 3)

(PHI) Red @ (ATL) Red (Game 1)

Source: NBA Lockervision

You sure?? 
(I mean, we can’t put anything past Nike at this point).

5 hours ago, flyersfan said:

(PHI) Red @ (ATL) Red (Game 1)

2 hours ago, sayahh said:

That can't be right, can it?

This reminds me of something I noticed in 2K21; When you see two teams that use red in a match-up and you notice the variations of red used in the NBA. From afar a lot of the reds look the same, but when compared they're slightly different. In the game the Pistons red looks almost rose compared to the Hawks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, O.C.D said:

This reminds me of something I noticed in 2K21; When you see two teams that use red in a match-up and you notice the variations of red used in the NBA. From afar a lot of the reds look the same, but when compared they're slightly different. In the game the Pistons red looks almost rose compared to the Hawks.

They’re probably using the actual team colors across the board in the game, but in reality, all the reds likely get consolidated down to one or two so more garments can be made using the same fabric lots.

• Like 5

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 6/13/2021 at 9:18 PM, flyersfan said:

this matchup is why i can't completely get on the "color vs color is always an abomination that should never happen" train. these games all looked great. in fact, you could do color vs color with most teams in the league and there'd be at least 2 different combos that look fantastic and dont have fans wondering who is who. there just doesnt seem to be any focus / intention at all with who is wearing what. the nets debuted a black earned jersey that perfectly fits their aesthetic and it feels like they've worn it twice. the clippers are wearing two different drab black uniforms nonstop. utah never wears anything other than red rocks at home even though they'll probably phase it out in a year or two. it's just all so muddled and every team looks like every other team.

• Like 5

The nets have 3 separate black uniforms, and the iconic Celtics have 2 greens and 2 whites. Now at least those are in team colors but that’s the problem, forcing teams to have 4-5 uniforms either gives us redundant alternates or uniforms nowhere close to the teams identity. 

• Like 12

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png