2021-22 NBA Changes

39 minutes ago, beast3 said:

Kevin Durant had one of the most historic NBA playoff performances of all time last night in this uniform.

spacer.png

I can promise you the Nike executives will not be seeing Heaven. 

Well, the Nets are just as much (if not more) responsible for this - the final “yes” or “no” lies with them. Your general point still stands though, the fact this uniform is going to be associated with a historic performance is a sad reflection of the state of NBA branding right now. 

• Like 8

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 6/15/2021 at 4:52 AM, TJKiddsHead said:

this matchup is why i can't completely get on the "color vs color is always an abomination that should never happen" train. these games all looked great. in fact, you could do color vs color with most teams in the league and there'd be at least 2 different combos that look fantastic and dont have fans wondering who is who. there just doesnt seem to be any focus / intention at all with who is wearing what. the nets debuted a black earned jersey that perfectly fits their aesthetic and it feels like they've worn it twice. the clippers are wearing two different drab black uniforms nonstop. utah never wears anything other than red rocks at home even though they'll probably phase it out in a year or two. it's just all so muddled and every team looks like every other team.

For me, it's not so much about aesthetics as it is about the league's responsibility to demonstrate a certain level of consistency, as a professional organization.  The color-vs.-color matchups seem very arbitrary - yes, they are planned well ahead of time, but how are decisions being made for what uniforms each team is wearing in what game?  There doesn't seem to be any planning in that regard and it feels very random.  Any organization lacking rhyme and reason in their decision-making just makes me take everything else they do less seriously, like they don't really have a grip on what they are doing.

• Like 4

On 6/16/2021 at 11:11 AM, beast3 said:

Kevin Durant had one of the most historic NBA playoff performances of all time last night in this uniform.

spacer.png

It’s a jersey bro, calm down. No ones going te hell over this lol

• Like 11

Excellent!

On 6/16/2021 at 11:11 AM, beast3 said:

spacer.png

It can always be worse. 
spacer.png

• Like 30

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 6/16/2021 at 12:11 PM, beast3 said:

spacer.png

Doesn't bother me. I feel like the Nets have the most leeway when it comes to their special jerseys, as the splash of color gives it some life their primary set lacks. Their look is basically a blank slate and the franchise hasn't had such an iconic moment since they were in another state.

• Like 8

20 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Doesn't bother me. I feel like the Nets have the most leeway when it comes to their special jerseys, as the splash of color gives it some life their primary set lacks. Their look is basically a blank slate and the franchise hasn't had such an iconic moment since they were in another state.

I feel like the players pick which uniforms to wear in the playoffs too. The Cavs wanted to wear those awful black t-shirts in The Finals. The NBA and Adidas had nothing to do with it.

If that's what the Nets decided to wear, good for them.. 

9 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I feel like the players pick which uniforms to wear in the playoffs too. The Cavs wanted to wear those awful black t-shirts in The Finals. The NBA and Adidas had nothing to do with it.

If that's what the Nets decided to wear, good for them.. 

The Cavs actually had to ask the league if they could wear it, this was pre-Nike so the NBA was very pushy about non regular alternates being used in the playoffs and especially the Finals. Only two teams have done weird alts in the Finals before Nike came in, the Nets with the ABA look in 2003 and the Cavs sleeved in 2016.

• Like 7

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Oh lord please don’t give the nba any ideas that they can make the ad space larger with that promo video.

lol yea, they'll be putting the player's number in the 2" area where the ad is now and putting the ad in the 8" area where the number is now. smfh.

Huh, I didn’t even realize the Biofreeze deal was up. Obviously my preference would be for the Blazers to be ad-free, but if they’re gonna have one I was fairly satisfied with Biofreeze and now with StormX as well. The StormX patch occupies a little more real estate, but not having the green from the Biofreeze patch on the black and white jerseys makes this an upgrade in my mind. I do wish it was black instead of red on the white jersey to match the swoosh, but the red doesn’t look too out of place. And I wish it was black on the red jersey to match the Jumpman logo, but I had the same issue with the Biofreeze patch on the red jersey, too. All in all, I really don’t mind how the new patch looks all that much and I’m glad that it’s a company with Pacific Northwest roots this time.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1