2021-22 NBA Changes

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The HWC logos and unis can be used for merchandise and classic alternates (or maybe now other alternates via City edition) but it was noted in an article on the mothership years ago that any logo or uniform designated as an HWC can't be brought back full-time.  Design updates on old logos are fine (such as the Hawks and Jazz logos) but the old versions are archived.  I think this started in the Stern years, as he wanted the league to have modern, updated look.   

Just imagine the Bulls or Celtics to ever change their uniforms, and never ever can go back.

• Like 8

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I don't know how legit these guys are.. But I translate this as "We did the Nets '97 rebrand and we've been tasked to do it again" followed by pics of their previous prototypes

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

15 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Nets uniforms are so plain it's ridiculous they have gone this long without a rebrand. Same for OKC. Especially since they both have such a good brand to build off of.

Can't agree on the Thunder brand, since I don't like that moniker for a team to begin with, but there sure are endless cool opportunities to depict that brand. The Nets, on the other hand, I don't even get it how they went with such an identity in the first place. What makes it even more ridiculous, is how it was marketed all over the place that it was designed by Jay-Z's team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, truepg said:

Can't agree on the Thunder brand, since I don't like that moniker for a team to begin with, but there sure are endless cool opportunities to depict that brand. The Nets, on the other hand, I don't even get it how they went with such an identity in the first place. What makes it even more ridiculous, is how it was marketed all over the place that it was designed by Jay-Z's team.

Compared to some of the other choices that were on the table for OKC's eventual name, I'd say Thunder was a pretty solid choice. Now if the logo was more than a basketball with OKC on it... 

Name Finalists 

Barons was eventually used for the AHL team that briefly played in OKC and Energy is the name of their USL team

EDIT: I was born in OKC, my family still lives out there, I root for them when they aren't playing my Orlando Magic. That being said, SAVE THE SONICS. Knowing what I know now about relocation (as a Rays fan), there is not a chance in hell I would've ever supported the Sonics moving. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

On 7/15/2021 at 1:33 PM, Shadojoker said:

Nets uniforms are so plain it's ridiculous they have gone this long without a rebrand. Same for OKC. Especially since they both have such a good brand to build off of.

I can't give you OKC. The logo is soooo ... clip arty. I like the colors, but that's the only thing they go going for them. Basing something off their Statement Jerseys over the past couple of years would be a good direction. 

nb-200223_eischen_sas_00346.jpg

oklahoma-city-thunder-v-new-orleans-peli

• Like 6

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin