2021-22 NBA Changes

26 minutes ago, O.C.D said:

The NBA really went all in on being the fun uniform league. 3 out of 4 years a team has won the title in a random alt?

Since the Nike switch I'm only counting 2 of 4 with Toronto and Milwaukee. I'd argue that Milwaukee's isn't a random alt, since they've had a similar black alt since 2015.

That said ... the only jerseys teams should wear in the playoffs (and especially The Finals) are the Association, Icon and Statement.

NBA-Finals-2018-Warriors-vs.-Cavaliers-C

hi-res-291d560e3ac2ccb1b3420d3d048772de_

1279724370.JPG

giannis-layup-game-6.jpg

• Like 9

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

18 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

^heres the current statement jerseys for comparison

giannis-antetokounmpo-bucks-statement-ed

personally like this one more. keeps the deer while going all out with stripes. 

Old one seems too sparse. Complete stripe fills things out better and the blue manages to be tolerable.

I like the number between the antlers but I think the deer head ought to be huge in order to work.

• Like 6

On 7/20/2021 at 2:29 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Native American imagery is kinda a no-no these days, I doubt OKC would be able to get away with this.

On 7/20/2021 at 3:31 PM, dont care said:

Remove the feathers and it works

It's based on the Oklahoma state flag.

spacer.png

• Like 5

On 7/21/2021 at 7:32 AM, CitizenTino said:

I thought it was kinda odd for the design to put the focus on Milwaukee being 2x champions. Technically, it’s correct, of course, but the other title was 50 years ago.

Yes exactly. Especially weird because if the Suns had won it’d say 1x champions, which is cool, but also shows how historically bad they’ve been. 

The shirt for the bucks almost detracts from the title. Why celebrate a 50 year old title in the cities biggest sports moment?

Number aside it was also kinda boring to be just white with a script. 

• Like 2

Excellent!

1 hour ago, Krz said:

Yes exactly. Especially weird because if the Suns had won it’d say 1x champions, which is cool, but also shows how historically bad they’ve been. 

The shirt for the bucks almost detracts from the title. Why celebrate a 50 year old title in the cities biggest sports moment?

Number aside it was also kinda boring to be just white with a script. 

This place will come up with some thin threads of logic. Clearly they are celebrating the current championship and the shirt doesn’t take away from it. Just acknowledging it’s history.

• Like 3

On 7/21/2021 at 10:37 PM, TBJ said:

Bucks really shouldve worn white or green. Cavs still take the title for the worst jerseys worn by a championship winning team though.

I'll narrow that down further - they should have worn white, because the game was in Milwaukee.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

pelicans got themselves some new logos for the g league team

Those are nice. Can’t help but think that they’re modified from a scrapped version of the all star games they’ve had recently.

Excellent!

22 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

pelicans got themselves some new logos for the g league team

(the secondary logos are shown in the video on their website) 

This “story of the logo” is pure BS Nikespeak. All they had to say was “ the wings and basketball from the parent Pelicans’ logo forms a star” and it’d be fine.

spacer.png

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

This “story of the logo” is pure BS Nikespeak. All they had to say was “ the wings and basketball from the parent Pelicans’ logo forms a star” and it’d be fine.

spacer.png

Agreed, they are all starting to sound the same now. The “hard work in ambition in the city” has been on probably the last 5 logo breakdowns in the NBA.

• Like 4

If the nike speak was determined pre-logo, yes, I like to hear that. if it was thrown on to describe a part of the logo when the real reason was "it looked better"? Gross.

Not NBA, but the Kraken's speak on the logo is fantastic. Each part sounds like something they came up with, then built the logo afterwards. 

How Seattle Kraken logo came to life | king5.com

• Like 9

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 7/27/2021 at 2:41 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

spacer.png

Two things:

1.) No one is going to look at that Sar and immediately connote the top point of that star with the spear of the Vulcan. Not even close.  I know Birmingham well, so I immediately got the star (its prominent on their city flag), and the gear around the basketball (with all the iron and steel works around town plus the hills, Birmingham sometimes gets called the "Pittsburgh of the south", so I get the hard work connection. The crescent in the ball is kinda clever, too.

2.) I REALLY dislike this trend of G-league teams straight aping their parent clubs' identity. (For the record, I dislike it in minor league baseball, too.)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||